Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Legend of Aetheria

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had tried the demo tonight, simply goregous. I love your intro, and the story sounds... well sound! I will play this more if I ever get time, I just wanted to see what the new PoTM is :D Very superb work!

Thank you, Captain Jack! It's quite an honor. ^^

Aran, I don't have any download mirrors. Sorry!
If megaupload absolutely doesn't work for you, I can put it on another site. Which do you prefer?

Anonymous

Aran, he asked you which other site. ':|

At any rate, since this will be getting a lot more downloads than normal this month, I've hosted it for you, for as long as it is the PotM. :)

http://www.rmxp.org/ccoa/loademo.zip

Give it another 10 minutes or so to finish uploading.

Seeing as how you managed to upload another Demo, I will be playing it. I'll notify you for some known errors I have noticed during my playtime. =)

Congrats Alastyr. Seeing as its project of the month, i have no problem downloading this demo as it wont be a waste of time.

Ha ha ha, it's definately not a waste of time. I love this game, it's so awesome. I remember when he first was making it over a year ago, and how he got tired of rpgs and just quit on it. Finally he got workin on it again and it rocked :D

Okay.. this news is going to be a double-edged sword but here goes.

The updated demo is up now. I know I said it would be out yesterday, but there were some major glitches that refused to cooperate. I guess I picked the worst time to be late, huh?

Anyway, if you downloaded the old version, don't worry. You're not missing that much.

What's new:

Tech
Shop Screen shows stat changes for equipment
You can equip items fromt he shop screen
Ring Menu shows hero HP and MP
Revised puzzles in some areas
Fixed numerous typos and glitches
Exp bar displays in status menu
Soundtrack
Many more songs from Toby

If you find a bug, please PM it to me. Thanks!

ccoa, thank you for hosting it for me! The demo is a bit outdated now.. but you don't have to go through the trouble of rehosting it. I'll host it on other sites so we don't have that problem again.

Once again, I apologize for my horrible lateness.

Hey Alastyr,
I noticed that your splash screen is animated, I'm rather curious how you did this. If you don't mind me asking, but I'd like to learn how to do that my self.. Just send me a PM if you don't feel comfortable saying that in the topic here.

Alastyr;116118 said:
It's an animation from the database ^_^. I used photoshop to create the word, then erased a little bit at a time (backwards as it would be written) saving the frames. To make the animation, I just pieced it all together and added a stylised pen.

Thats what he said in an earlier post :D and I've seen it and thats how it's done. It's pretty amazing really...

question, I DL'd the demo, and seeing how it is "10 hours long" I didn't want to get to far into it without knowing if I could save or not. Because when I tried, it wouldn't let me.
is the demo really 10 hours long?
If so, how can you transfer your save to the finished game when it is done?

I'm not all that far in the game, but I know you can save at an inn. Alastyr will have to answer himself if there are other locations.

The game is only 2-3 hours long. I must have not changed the information after the hack, I apologize for that.

As Volrath said, you can save in any inn. Also, if you're in a dungeon, you can save via the menu.

When the full game is done, simply load up your old save. (even if you saved at the credits) The game will redirect you to the last place you were and allow you to continue playing.

Waqas

Hey, here's a huge bug I found...

first off, whenever I try to equip a weapon (at the very beginning of the game), the whole screen freezes.

Anybody else have this problem?

Waqas

Yeah, man... well, I'm going to re-install the game, and I'll see what happens. If this helps, I have an HP Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. It has a dual-core processor, with both processors having around 2.8 GHZ, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.