Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Legend of Aetheria

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Alastyr, your project has become the first to show off Mac's new PotM logo. Check your first post.

Also, I've been playing the game...slowly but surely. There's definitely a large amount of nostalgic appeal here, which you said you were going for. Very sleek and appealing visually, and the dungeons are pretty good. That intro was stupendous as well. I can't help but agree with Flash in his RRRB review that a lot of the dialogue is somewhat lifeless, however. Spice it up a bit!

I'm still looking forward to playing some more, so keep up the good work.

Well, I would love to play the demo, but I can't download it trough Megaupload, I've been trying for entirely two days.

But, it seems to be a very nice work, congratulations, keep it up.

I've looked at the game... glad I stumbled upon this topic... I like the characters... this game truely looks interesting, i'll have to check the demo later on when I go home...

Well, I think I finished it.

Does it end after the battle with Rigel? Seems like it, I've clocked in about 2 hours and 15 minutes, and I still can't get into the basement to get the Crona Aleri. The old man is still asking for the archmage's permission, someone should tell them that dude is dead

I really had a good time with this demo. What I appreciate most about it is the length. This was a meaty game with several fun dungeons and just a nice amount of content. I also got more out of the battles than I expected to. At first it seemed pretty simple, but by the time I got to the harder battles, (especially that dark knight...what a beast) I realized I wasn't going to survive unless I mastered the status effects and made full use of Mia's unique collection of skills.

Like I said earlier, I do think the dialogue is lacking. It isn't badly written per se, but it's missing a spark. Lance doesn't appear to have a real relationship with any of the other characters in the game, including Mia. They seem to just speak to move the plot along. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh, but I think it's a really weak point that if attended to could really raise the overall quality of this game. Also, there were a handful of mapping/priority errors in the big Kandarin Plains map. Mostly around the cliff areas.

A good time, though. It's now February, so Alastyr, you ought to be thinking about which project you want to select as the next PotM. I'm not going to unsticky this thread yet, though. You weren't selected until mid-January, so you're entitled to about two more weeks. It's only fair...but it'd be good to have a headstart on the next one. Peace.

I'm glad you liked it, and no you weren't harsh at all by my standards. Dialogue is easily my weakest point. I'll do whatever it takes to make it more interesting. If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

The demo isn't over just yet. Talk to the guard this time as opposed to just walking by him. A few others have mentioned this before so I plan on changing it.
As for the next PotM, I have some ideas. I'll get working on that as soon as I can.

Great game, although there seems to be an error in mine.

In the Temple, when I jumped across to get one of the gems (the one not by spikes), I found that after I opened the chest I couldn't jump back and was stuck there.

I haven't heard of that happening to anyone else. Try saving and restarting the game (save to a different file so you can start the puzzle over if you have to.) If that still doesn't work, I can always give you a savefile that's past that point.

What site did you download your copy from? Both games should be exactly the same, but I want to make sure.

The first link (Megaupload), but it's okay - I got the gem using the switch way, so now I'm at Kandarin.

On an additional note, if you fiddle around the wall between the land with the chest and the platform with the switch, you'll find you can jump through the wall (however, once again, you can't jump back once you get the chest).

Ack, another problem. :p

I've gotten to the point where I meet Mia, but it says that the BGM "Mia's Theme" is missing, yet it isn't. I've tried re-downloading it from both mirrors, and it still says it's missing.

That's very odd, indeed. I have no idea why you'd get that error. Try checking the filename and make sure that is exact. (try changing the file from "019 - Mia's Theme" to just "Mia's Theme")

If it still gives you an error, send me your savefile; I'll get you to the part right after that. (If you want, I'll include the remainder of the conversation so you don't miss out on any storyline, however cliche it may be)

derricksrs;180857 said:
im stucked in the temple. jump and jump get the gemstone and i cant jump back.. please help!!

I had the same problem. You'll have to get the gemstone the non-jumping way - using the switch.

Just finished the demo, great stuff. As Volrath pointed out, the dialogue could use some work, though the game plays and feels excellent. The taxt system is a bit.. different. Kind of catches you off guard at first.

Biggest thing I didn't like though was the battle system. With all the quite nice scripts you're using, the battle system could use a little work (though I'm not really a fan of the big character pictures at the bottom in any game). Other than that though, game is quite nice.

I'd give the game a 8/10 thus far.

Thank you for the input.

Seirno: The tax system will be removed. I honestly only put it in because the shop system came with it >_<. Dialouge has been addressed, but thanks for the concern anyway. As for the battle system, it works. I'm not too keen on trying something new as it may mess up the balance I've worked hard to achieve. I may look around though. Once again, thank you for the feedback.

Derricksrs: That is a mistake on my part. You should not be able to jump to that chest. It will be fixed. Thank you SpiritZephyr for tending to that problem ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.