Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Legend of Aetheria

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not saying that the battle system doesn't work pre se, just that it seems a bit bland compared to the rest of the game.

As for the tax, I wouldn't really say that it's a bad system. Assuming that you could set different tax rates for different shops, it could add a lot more customization for the game (castles have higher taxes than normal villages, etc).

The tax rate was planned to change with each age. (With no tax at all in the prehistoric era). But it doesn't really add to the gameplay; only take from your wallet.

I'll keep thinking on the battle system. I don't indend to do any major revamping, but I'll look for a way to make it more interesting while keeping it esentially the same. Note that battles in LoA are designed to rely on tatics more than action. Thank you again for the comments. They are quite helpful.

Those face sets are awesome. Aren't they of the same style as some of the ones in motw?

Could you tell me where you got them? Thanks. :D

Gonna check out the demo now!

Did you install the fonts?
If not, copy the font files and move them to your Font folder. On most systems the font folder is at "C:WINDOWS/Fonts". You can aslo get there via the control panel. They'll install automatically when you move them.

If it still doesn't work after you've installed them, I don't know what else to do. :\

As a side note... talk about necropost! Questions should be asked via PM when the topic has gone a long time without a post. ^^ Don't worry about that now though, it's not a problem to me.

hiya :) great demo :) i really love the menu you made :) its eye candy at its best :) i thought the opening was a bit too long though, bit too much text for my liking, like the starwars films lol (i wasnt a fan of the opening on that either lol) i look forward to seeing the completed product :)

Good points so far:
The features used are quite unique and great.
Mapping is simply beautiful.
Elimination of random encounters.

Bad points so far:
Why is the main character a totally different sprite while the others are RTP?
While free-range movement is unique, I find it kind of annoying, since entering things can be a bit harder to do.
The battler used doesn't really match the character sprite.

Thanks for the input, Ratty.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "free-ranging movement," or how entering things is hard to do. ._. I would be very pleased if you could clarify that for me ^^;
I'm going to be switching to White Ties sytle for the other characters (same style as the main character), so, they won't be different for long!
I have no idea what to do with the battlers though.. maybe I'll find an artist.. or just run around in circles until the problem fixes itself.. who knows.

Once again, thanks for the input. Let me know if you have any other thoughts, especially ways I can improve!

Here's what I meant: you know the player can move more than four directions, right? The reason why I find it obnoxious is that you could easily run into a wall on the side of the door and not be directly in place, which would not exist if the movement system was default.

My computer can't read the files everytime a download it. I tried 4 times already. It keeps saying "Unexpected file format". Is it possible if i could
download it from rapidshare?

EDIT : Thanks!

I've never seen that error before.
Click Here to download from rapidshare (there was a link in the first post )

EDIT : Lol there was?!':| My bad...:)

I've never seen that error before.
Click Here to download from rapidshare (there was a link in the first post O_o)

Also, make sure you have the legal version of RMXP installed on your computer, in addition, you should be using Windows XP. I'm not sure if either of these could be the problem, but it doesn't hurt to check. If you have this problem with other RMXP games then there's nothing I can do; try bringing up the issue in either the rmxp support or discussion forums. :-/

Also, make sure you have the legal version of RMXP installed on your computer, in addition, you should be using Windows XP. I'm not sure if either of these could be the problem, but it doesn't hurt to check. If you have this problem with other RMXP games then there's nothing I can do; try bringing up the issue in either the rmxp support or discussion forums.

I'm having trouble with the game...!:( I don't see any writing or any dialogue... :*)
How do I download the Font. ':|

...I am new at this.:D

I've answered this question at least thrice now. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastyr
If not, copy the font files and move them to your Font folder. On most systems the font folder is at "C:WINDOWS/Fonts". You can also get there via the control panel. They'll install automatically when you move them.

Alright Thanks ill try that:)...

I've answered this question at least thrice now. :\
Alastyr":36cx9rls said:
If not, copy the font files and move them to your Font folder. On most systems the font folder is at "C:WINDOWS/Fonts". You can also get there via the control panel. They'll install automatically when you move them.

Also, if you are using an illegal version, the writing will never ever show up. So, go buy the legal version if you haven't already!

What are people doing with the illegal version of RMXP? If it's any 2k then I wouldn't care, but for RMXP? That shouldn't be so much of a hassle to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.