Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Legend of Aetheria

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I got the fonts to work now. I don't know why I had trouble before (it might be because I have my own auto-font install script in my game, that may be it, I dunno.)

Anyways, thanks for your help and...

Seriously, how did you get that animated start-up thing? With the writing pen? I'm assuming it's an animated .gif with a .wav playing in the background but, I gotta be sure...

In my game I really wanted to have FMV and fullscreen. I've been searching for a script that will allow me to do that but no luck.

It's an animation from the database ^_^. I used photoshop to create the word, then erased a little bit at a time (backwards as it would be written) saving the frames. To make the animation, I just pieced it all together and added a stylised pen.

You should have a folder full of fonts somewhere in your system files. If you need more help, you can PM me or anybody else who might know. In the meantime, let's keep this thread on topic.

Damn boy, this game is great!
I first thought, bah just a normal game of a stupid show-off, but it took my breath away after 1 hour of play... and continued
great work dude and stay on that train!

i havent played the demo yet (but im DLing it now), but if alastyr is working on it its gotta be good! i cant wait to see what you've cooked up man!

Thanks, I'm glad you've enjoyed my game so far. Keep in mind though, that posts that are not detailed are sometimes considered spam (depends on the moderator). Be sure to post only if your post will add to the discussion. (I'm very pleased that you enjoyed it tho!)

@Crazymew: I have no idea where I got that reputation, but thanks! I hope you enjoy my game, have fun!

hehe, i dont know either, i just thought it would be a nice thing to say to motivate you, i'm stiil DLing the demo but with the way the others are reacting to it, it's gotta be good

edit: i have the font in the folder i DLed but everytime i try to install it it says that the font is being used and i cant replace it... what do i do?

You should have PM'ed that question to me, I didn't notice the edit until now.

Try closing out any programs you're using and installing it then. If that still doesn't work, try playing the game and see if its already installed. The font I used came with my version of windows, so it may not need installing for some people. (Except the "tengwarc" font)

Akura;126461":15ep9hwk said:
Its good so far.... but I'm stuck.
Do you have a walkthrough? :D

As Toby said, you may post your question here, or you may send me a PM with the question. I will be more than happy to help you out.

As for a walkthrough, I actually did have something written up, but it's only in the outline stages. :-/

hey I just wanted to let you know I'm playing your game. It's fun so far, definately a 'classic' rpg and I like that, actually. There are LOADS of typos in your messages though, dude. But once I'm done playing your demo I'll send you a list of bugs/typos/weird stuff. So far I think there's only one bug, most of it is just typos/mapping errors that need to be weeded out. Great game, anyone thinking about playing this should do so.

Bug list recieved! I've already taken care of most of them, but a few of the more difficult ones remain. Thanks for the huge help!

I would like to let everyone know that if you are considering downloading the game, you should wait until I reupload an updated version of the game. This version will have fewer typos and bugs, as well as a larger selection of music from Toby. He has created many more songs that I know you will enjoy and has also encoded them to ogg format for higher quality but with less size than an mp3.

Also, a quick note: Did you get the bug where... erm... *forgot the name, It's been so long since I played this*

The guy in the 'library' in the castle, just after the flashback with the King and his father getting attacked, and you go into a library sort of room, and the guy in there calls you 'Lance' even when using a custom name?

That has been fixed, although I have not updated the demo with the fix yet. The updated version will be up no later than next sunday.

We have an RRRB review for this game, written by me. Expect it to be posted soon... we just have to, huh, figure out some stuff.

Ah, great! I'm looking forward to it. Please be as brutally honest as you can, I intend to use the review to improve the game. ^_^ Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.