Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Legend of Aetheria

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like what I see in most of the screens, the story seems a little dare I say.... bland? But you seem to have a good grip on what you are doing, so ill pass a more in-depth judgement when you release the full game.

The story actually should seem a little bland considering I didn't tell you a lot about it. I left out all the detailed history except about half of what's revealed in the first 15mins of gameplay. So expect a lot more. ;)

So much for a demo in august.. I started college a few weeks ago, and that combined with work destoryed my free time. But now that I've gotten used to the schedule, I can find the time to be online again! And also get that demo finished up.

Oh, wow. While I'm new here, and haven't seen many game ideas, I can tell that this should be a damn fine game! I like how you emulated features from other great RPG's like Golden Sun, and Secret of Mana! Very fine lookinfg indeed. :D

WHOA! This is the best sounding cliche game I've ever seen! It's not even that cliche actually. I love that titlescreen. It kicks ass.

I'm the kind of guy that likes him some puzzles, so I like that as well.

Good job!

I aim to please. ^_^ I'm very glad that you like it if either of you (or anyone else for that matter) has any suggestions please tell me, no matter how strange it might be.

Now if I can just get that demo done.. *goes back to work*

Heh, good to see you're still working on this Alastyr. Can't wait for the demo. Also, that's the best damned Title Screen I've ever seen. :)

I'm glad to see that the title screen is liked, I only hope that the gameplay, story, ect. (all the important game elements) can match up and preferably exceed your expectations.

One thing to say tho...
After looking at Nadir's Canon and someone's (Despain, I belive) rtp-recolor package, I've realised just how overly bright and happy the rtp is. I might tone the rtp down a bit and maybe do some more recoloring aswell... It shouldn't take long at all for those of you anticipating the demo.

The_JSTREET said:
:( It was supposed to be here August. I was really looking forward to this.
Me too. I'll have to be patient.
I also said I'd show a demo of my project this summer, and time is running out and I still don't have it made.

Something was wrong with the demo. The site didn't give you the file at all. I updated the link to one on megaupload.com. I'll consult enoex as to why the file is suddenly messing up. The link does work now.

Cool demo but, I can't read the text in the game! Any reason why? :(
(A bug or am I missing a font?)

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work! d(ovo)

Just had to install the fonts the old-fashioned way.

By the way, can you tell me how you did that cool animated pen-writing animation at the beginning? If you tell me I'll destroy anyone you want, one time, for free. Do know my assassination services don't normally come to cheap. ;)

Yay for instant email-notification! There are two possibilities:

1. You did not install all the included fonts. They should be "Lydian BT" (Bold, Italic, and BoldItalic versions) and "Tengwarc." Intall fonts by moving them into Windows/fonts.

2. You are using a pirated version of rmxp. If that is case please purchase the legal version. Simply run a google search of rmxp. I will not help you if you are using a pirated version.

I hope that helps.

Alastyr;116106 said:
Yay for instant email-notification! There are two possibilities:

1. You did not install all the included fonts. They should be "Lydian BT" (Bold, Italic, and BoldItalic versions) and "Tengwarc." Intall fonts by moving them into Windows/fonts.

2. You are using a pirated version of rmxp. If that is case please purchase the legal version. Simply run a google search of rmxp. I will not help you if you are using a pirated version.

I hope that helps.

Umm... The fonts where included in the folder, and as I said I simply installed them the normal way. Through drag and drop (I didn't notice them before ^_^;;)

Also, I'm using the demo version of RMXP, but I don't see how that would have any affect on your game. Your game comes with the RTP files already encrypted into it, so I don't understand how having a pirated or normal version of RMXP would have any affect, but if you say so.

Maybe if you're running the demo some things are changed?

Anyway, as soon as I get my next paycheck I'll finally have enough to purchase the full version. If you don't believe me well, I don't know what I can do to prove to you that I don't have a pirated version. I understand the rules of this forum, that PK and that other version of RMXP aren't allowed.:thumb:

If you installed all the fonts, it should work. I'll download the file and test it out myself. Make sure you installed them to right folder, and make sure that all of the fonts were installed. (Especially the bold italic one)
If you need to, open a word processor and see if the fonts appear in the font menu. If they don't, they were not installed correctly.

Also, I asked about the legality because some new users that have that problem use pirated copies. It does matter if the version is pirated or legal though, as fonts do not show up on pirated copies.

The trial version is exactly the same as the full version, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.