Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tyke template...think Snes.

remember that Sci-fi tileset I promised, well I finished it, but forogt to put it on photobucket.... then my computer fucked and I had to reinstall windows XP so its gone now... I may start on it again though, if I ever figure out the freakin roofs!!

umm...... I'm not sure if I can say this but that thing poking out of his head looks like a giant

PENUS![/FONT]

lol

so you should probably try to work on giving that more contrast to make it look like a feather.

Gunga: Cool :D
Edit: I think you should change the colors to something like this though, they needed more saturation imo and that outer color did not blend well with the actual cap (or whatever it's called) color.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u132 ... colors.png[/IMG]

Forgot to add, sometimes when working with creases or hair lines you should soften the color, this sometimes works well for outer line work too.

Geox: That blows goats man, good luck to ya if you get back into it :)

Ubernaut: Looks cool bro, I agree with loofah about that spike though, so when you fix that it should all be straight :thumb:, keep it up.

Much better man, one thing that also made it look like that was your color choices, that skin type color and the redish top, the spike would normally be a metallic color or close to the color of the helmet imo :), keep up the good work man.

Ubernaut: I have not tested the bat but by just looking at it i think looks awesome, nice work with that bud :thumb:

~R~: Cool, a very nice humanoid monster, i will save :)
by the way you guys should add you characters to the download manager too.

Gunga: Looking cool man (good size too), i had that same prob with my old mouse after i spilled milk on it one night :D

--
I gathered some of the wip stuff i saved from working on chipsets (DoBoi, tyke, tyke2) and put them together just in case it can help some of you guys out a tad, i can't write a tut and i'm also too lazy to try :p, anyway there's not much here, had more wip pieces but i deleted those a long time ago or never saved some other things in this manner :/

As you can see i use 5x5 squares for the roof, using paint i first make the outline, then i create the roof tile, afterwards i color the roof outline in one solid color and set that color transparent, then i take that roof tile and copy and paste till i have three rows of five, now i copy one side of the roof put it over the tiles, then i copy that, paste it, than i reverse it and paste to other side, than i choose my roof color and you know the rest, hope that didn't sound too stupid but if it did who cares XD, aside from the roof pattern i also added a brick pattern and some variations with that that can work as wooden floors or whatever.

Forgot to add i did not save every single thing as i worked but like i said hope it helps.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u132/InvisibleDrifter/Invisibledrifter-OldWips.png
I'm sure there are other ways to go about these things, this is how i've learned to work by trial and error.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.