Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tyke template...think Snes.

Bog! :thumb:

I really love this Tyke template :D
Tyke is... perfect! :#

And with him I made my first Character ^_^
Greetings to.. Garet! :D
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6192/garetai9.png[/IMG]
I think he's cute... besides do not means he's perfect ':|

Dovidjenja! ;)

LuX

Wow! I love sweet little chars =D
Maybe i try to make a charakter, because it's so cute!!!

@chateaux Hi Garet *waaaave* ;D

Boog! :thumb:

LuX;252149":3pv4ygq5 said:
Wow! I love sweet little chars =D
Maybe i try to make a charakter, because it's so cute!!!

@chateaux Hi Garet *waaaave* ;D

Just not cute.. but perfect! :yes:
Enterbrain should adopt the Tyke template for their's Characters... :yes:
(Heartily I don't like so much the standard Characters -_-)

#LuX: Garet is happy because you was the first person who greeted him! :D
He greeted you too :thumb:

PS: Maybe my english is not so good; it's not my native language :-/

Dovidjenja za sve! ;)

I myself disliked the template when it was first made and I saw it... And now its sorta famous on the resource forums XD

@Invisible...
Im attempting a tileset for a game Im making, (Tyke2), but... I cant do grass at all, nor can I make good palletes for... well... Windows, walls, mountains, roofs. But the rest I can. So, I guess what Im asking for... is permission to use the palletes... and grass... and walls ^_^ (With credit)

Nope, the RTP hasn't stopped, it can't really because it's not organized(Like a team and all that), just anyone making something and giving it.

And I'll start working on the tilesets as soon as I get the mouse and a tablet,
wich means about a few weeks.

Wow great job, i really like what you did with the face for the side frames too, and the hair, eyes and clothing look good as well :thumb:

Edit: This could be a nice alternate head, would you mind posting the template with the change you made for the head on the side frames? Credit would of coarse go to you :)

Well i think it's great :D, that change to the head gives it a different style, and good job on the sitting positions too, love the side frames, imo that sitting position for the back frame needs work though, don't know if you got the frontal sitting frame from the original tyke but i made a frontal sitting pose for it as well as the back.

Ah, looking through photobucket i see i actually never did the back frame but
this might help, it's the back frame for a diff sitting position but it may help a tad, i rather you do it but if you don't have the time i will :)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u132 ... pose-2.png[/IMG]

ciela

geox-2.0;253553 said:
I dont like the new change that much, im sorry

Yeah I think is better the normal but I want to add a new option ^^ also the hair works in the no-edited sprite ^^

___

Sponsor

Heya just fyi I'm still alive, been very busy with many things since my supposed return time of late June! I don't know how much time I have to devote here but I sometime soon will upload the trailer tyke tileset as it is, it's fairly complete if not incredibly diverse.

___

Sponsor

Okay here is all my completed work so far in a short demo. It's just two maps demoing the tileset with a pixel movement script. Size is due to some background music I couldn't help but include :) You can grab all the files out of the demo or if that's a problem I'll upload them separately too.

http://files.filefront.com/Trailer+Tykes+Demo+01/;8520542;/fileinfo.html

Best in full-screen mode. Also if anyone at all can figure out what's causing the bug the first time you open the silver trailer doors (you'll see when you try it) please let me know of the fix. It's really driving me nuts.

Edit: Just noticed a 1px offset in one of the door animations, here's a fixed version.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/ ... door01.png[/IMG]

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.