Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFT:AIA Out of Character Chat

CLAN MISSION ROSTER: Jagd Bridge
Yggdrasill
Dark Koji
Wumpi
Nishi Tetsu
Shiroun
Lucky 7

Yay! Lucky made it in only a short 45 minutes before I was going to send this in!

And yeah, I say at least 24hrs. 4-9 is a very short amount of time.

EDIT: Sent in.

Anonymous

I have no problem with Ygg, Koji or Lucky moving Enne if need be. Just have her attack of do whatever you need her to do for any plan you have. Hell, use her as a meat sheild of you like :p

(With her constant need to get beween Tialla and monsters it's not like she isn't used to it)

Injury

Awesome Bro

It's coming. I need to have a plot to this or it would just be pointless posting. I'm working on writing the parts where you walk to the bridge, see the enemy, then you move.

Plot...

how about we are chasing a convict, and we end up fighting through enemies to kill that convict.

We could use that for a whole mission set, chasing the convict, fighting.. etc

It's set up at last! And after reading, I have to say it looks impressive. I can't wait to start!

Also, after this make sure to give me my stats, please. Last mission I did not get them.

Really though, great job on the intro!  :)

I agree with Yggdrassil, the opening was really well done. I think it did a superb job of portraying each character. Can't wait 'till the action starts.

Anonymous

...shiroun.

1) It wasn't your turn.
2) Even if it was your turn, I attacked so you'd have to wait for Injury to post.
3) ...what the hell? 90% of that made no sense. The NPCs don't have a white mage, there are two white mages in the game. One's Dusk Tora and with the player characters and the other's Tialla and off on a mission on her own. And what was Tach'ri practicing to make a bow and arrows? (Nevermind that you don't carve arrows - doing so would be incredibly wasteful) And how did he have enough time to do it (the enemy was there first)?

Wumpi: 1) it wasn't your turn (was it?)
2) I though we were OOCing before attacking.
3)I overlooked the part of attacking, sorry.
4) The bow&Arrows were going to be for Seth, unless I could use them, which trust me, I would.
5) I meant WE have the white mages going with Mikoto, if they were with us, again my bad.

If you want me to report and get my post deleted tell me.

I tihnk that would be for the best, shiroun. Or at least edit it so it is mostly empty. You need to check the turn roster, map, and others posts carefully before you post.

Anonymous

Quick conversion of players to usernames for the confused.

Seth - Nishi Tetsu
Enne - Wumpi
Zain - Yggdrassil
Dusk - Dusk Tora
Tach'ri - shiroun
Leon - Lucky 7
(With Injury inbetween to react to attacks, Injury's posting taking priority over turn order. I'm assuming Injury might also post outside of attack time to say what the opponents are doing, but I'm not sure about that.)

It was my turn when I posted. Nishipoo had posted first when it was his turn, then it was me. After me should have been Injury (since I attacked) and then Yggypoo (since he's after me.).

And while I'm all for freeform, the fact remains that there is a system. You're equipped with a sword, you fight with a sword (carving a weapon just before a battle probably wouldn't be allowed in freeform, either). Besides that, Seth wouldn't need the bow and arrows because:

1) He already had a bow and arrows.
2) A bow made by a weaponsmith who's job it is to make weapons is going to be far more effective than one hurriedly carved by a soldier in the two minute (at most) gap while teammates dashed to different cover.
3) 'Carved' arrows would be terrible, they'd have terrible balence and wouldn't be smooth. You'd be lucky if they didn't catch on the bowstring, let alone hit anything. It'd take a miracle for them to pierce skin. It'd be more effective to throw them.
4) And what, pray tell, were you planning to do about a bowstring?

Injury

Awesome Bro

Wumpi is right, I'm going to have to ask that your reply gets deleted or something. Role playing requires people to read, not that I accuse any of you of not reading, but sometimes I wonder if you read things all the way shiroun.

(With Injury inbetween to react to attacks, Injury's posting taking priority over turn order. I'm assuming Injury might also post outside of attack time to say what the opponents are doing, but I'm not sure about that.)

That is true. I need to move enemies while you attack.

And while I'm all for freeform, the fact remains that there is a system. You're equipped with a sword, you fight with a sword (carving a weapon just before a battle probably wouldn't be allowed in freeform, either). Besides that, Seth wouldn't need the bow and arrows because:

because Wumpi is right again. this is a system sustained game. without it, you are just running around killing stuff for no reason.

ps-they have:
1-white mage
1-archers
2-thiefs
2-soldier
1-sniper(leader)

I think my new rule is read the damned post, read it good. think hard. think harder. reply. modify. wait. be realistic. I'm not going to be able to make a bow, I'm not a boyer, I'm just the archer.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.