Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFT:AIA Out of Character Chat

Injury

Awesome Bro

For all people's who are playing FFT: AIA, this is the place to ask your questions, talk to each other, form guilds with other players...etc.etc.

((OOC: when you said dont be afraid to use Seth's aim attack because Jackz can cast heal from far away......did you mean that aim cost hp to use?))

When I say don't be afraid, I mean if you are away from your healer, you don't have to worry about range in such a small map. Jackz can heal you from that tree, with a small miss rate, and since you moved him west from that tree, he can heal with with no miss percentile.

Skills with Non-Casting classes are all STA based. I/e you need STA to use AIM. It takes 4 STA to use it, so you lost 4 while doing that. Casting Classes have less STA, because they have MP. Due to their spells consuming MP, their STA can be used to move closer to targets, away from targets, use items, etc etc. Spells just cost MP...

Injury

Awesome Bro

No worries, it just furthered the thought of making this. I just want to be able to make the missions as deep as possible. Do you think the way I'm reporting damage is helping? Should it be more elaborate?

BTW, nice attack!

Everything looks fine to me so far, though I never played in an rp like this before. I'm actually enjoying myself quite a bit, FFT was one of my favorite games and sadly I can no longer play it.
On a side note, which attack did you like?

Injury

Awesome Bro

Just your attack turn, that is all. Just remember, you can't use aim and do it that fast unless you had the initial attack like you did. Your attack would happen at the end of the turn, because if you could AIM every time, you'd be killing off people 1 by 1. The crit chances are just because your range too. You were on top of the enemy, so he didn't even see it. I think that making things realistic is good too, but keeping the damage system the way it is.

I/e, you hit him with an arrow, he'll attack in rage now because he is wounded...

jackz got a cut, he might not be using that arm for items or w/e...

just trying to be fresh and all that

Injury

Awesome Bro

No. Just like in a game, the second the objective dies, the mission would fail. You arrow never missed the target since you aimed, so you can't worry about things getting in the way. It was more or less a dramatic ploy. Your safe to fire. The boy has 10HP btw, all objectives do.

Oh good.....thought things were about to get ugly on me.
By the way, is it possible to get npcs like the ones I'm fighting to join me? Or do I have to kill them to end the mission?

Injury

Awesome Bro

The only way people can join is through a guild. Guilds are pivitol to harder missions where there are more enemies, and more places to go and be.

You don't have to kill Salba to end the mission. It just ends when the enemies are killed.

It would make things hard on me to add a character every time you rescue one...or whatever. If you want, I could make a system based on you paying exp to hire one soldier or w/e. I wouldn't allow it right away though...it would be really stressful on me!

Its ok dude I don't want to put any stress on you, it would be pointless if you wernt having fun too. And I was only wondering since I would rather use people then kill them needlessly, thats how I played the game, but I don't mind not being able to get the enemy to join me. Its all fine with me.
Sorry for bothering you with this by the way, I was just wondering.

Injury

Awesome Bro

Haha, your not bothering me! I just posted your update, so enjoy it! I wanna get you done with this and on to something better! Keep it up! If I need to, I'll add an NPC hero to help out in a mission battle!

Sorry to nag at you but I can't seem to see my map in my mission 2, I would rather know exactly where everything is before I post so when you have the time please fix it.

So this is the OOC corner, or "tavern" I supposed. ^^

I am going to apply for a mission (x_x sending Injury a pm on that), but I was wondering myself if a caster-party (white + black mage) combination is gonna work, or not?
I have a strange feeling that my characters will be resorting to melee often, especially when MP isn't that plentiful in the early levels. Haha.

Injury":3rab0eqt said:
"You amaze me, Zain." said Nuana, looking back to make sure he was OK.

"Why is that, Nuana?" he asked. "You are always ready to jump into battle, you didn't strike me as the sort."

"You'd be surprised!" he replied with a grin.

||::End Turn

Did you mix up Zain and Nuana here? Because I couldn't understand this conversation until I switched the speakers.

Injury

Awesome Bro

oh no, the dialog was more or less regarding the mission and the fact that Nuana is the older more experianced character, and she sees Zain growing up in her eyes, following her into battle etc etc

Welcome aboard Dark Koji! I'll get a mission started up for you!

there are enough people to form a guild, or two guilds. lol. I can't wait to see a guild mission!

"You are always ready to jump into battle, you didn't strike me as the sort."

I had read that as Zain saying it, that was why I was confused. I get it now.

Injury

Awesome Bro

hahaha, sorry man, I was up early doing all of that stuff :P like really early! I'll edit all the posts to make them seem more full... lol

oh, and I added a default clan, it will feature the original Marche and Monteblanc.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.