Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFT:AIA Out of Character Chat

Injury":3ranmc20 said:
there are enough people to form a guild, or two guilds. lol. I can't wait to see a guild mission!

So how exactly are guilds created? Do we talk amongst ourselves to decide whether we want to make one?

Awesome, cant wait to get involved in a guild/group mission!

Btw I was wondering, how does this game actually calculate equipment boost in base stats?

I was looking through my characters' stats, and noticed that Lunette's base DEF is (2 + 6). I am thinking that the 2 is her real base DEF, and the +6 is the boost from equipments.
But if that's the case, then it should be a +4 instead, since her current eqs only include Tunic (+2) and Hard Boots (+2) = total +4. Same for the ATK too.

I wonder if that is indeed a miscalculation, or did I get them all wrong? o_O *confused

Injury

Awesome Bro

Don't worry about it too much Dark Koji, there are other things I take into account that make the "real life" aspect of this game pop out. The FFT:A is kinda kidish. This is kinda not kidish in the sense that the story line isn't based on kids. The equipment is calculated like that. You have a base defense, and the modifiers for the DEF come from your equipment. BTW I probably made it that way because your are two CASTERS. It is very hard for casters to survive. VERY HARD! They have less defense, less sta, and mp. the mp doesn't make up for the sta on purpose. the mp is enough to heal yourself about 10 times in one battle. but that doesn't include moving around. moving would drop that easily to at least 5 heals.

And for Yggdrassil, yes, it's a simple as talking in HERE and forming a guild! You can join the new default clan, or you can make your own!

There is  special mission up, and it's only going to be here for this month! Then it will be turned into a normal mission with no holiday bonus item!

btw koji, nice map thing

Haha, yea I am quite aware of the disadvantage with having two casters. But, I couldn't resist having a Black and White mage combination set. Even if that will get my team wiped out more often than others.  ;D

And forgot to mention this previously; it is quite interesting how you described Lunette in my mission. About the fire, etc. That wasn't what I had in mind, but it is a good set up nevertheless. Nice job~  ;)

Anyway, I don't think I will be in time to participate for the special mission (still in the middle of one), but I hope to see the rest giving it a shot. Go guys!

Injury

Awesome Bro

This is byfar the best one i've read yet! It really adds to his characters! He displays their intimite knowledge of their world, their lives, and more! I'd can't wait to read the next one! It spurs me on to write more and more! BTW, I've finished maps up to lvl 8. I might have to redo 1 or 2...just to make it interesting.

Dark Koji":3gb6tv8z said:
((OCC: Haha, thanks for letting me have the attack initiative again. Actually, my map was just to plot where Dusk and co. planned to travel, even if it would stretch over a few turns. My bad on the confusion there.
Oh, do pm me with details for the custom title, if you are still interested. I don't mind drawing up one, but no need for the bonus level though, as it will be kinda unfair for the others.))

==========

"Never in the heavens would I thought of actually seeing it," exclaimed Dusk.
"The monstrosity that the Empire given birth to."

"Is it strong...?" Lunette inquired over the huge goblin. "Stronger than average gobs?"

"I honestly have no clue."
The white mage narrowed his eyebrows. "But by all means, we MUST bring down this 'freak of nature' - it never should have existed in the first place!"

Lunette began to notice her partner's growing fury. She knew very well the sudden anger was attributed from how Dusk was the type who would not stand down against the face of 'evil'; the mutant goblin is just that very example.
"Luna! We shall take no chance - aim your fire directly at its face!"

Dusk was expecting a swift fireball to be hurled across just about any time, but mere silence only followed. "What are you waiting..."
The lad turned around to check, and saw a motionless; albeit shivering, Lunette. It was then that Dusk realized his own insensitivity.
"I had vowed never to mention fire in front of Luna, and now...? Unforgivable!" He reprimanded himself.

"Luna, sorry." The now much calmer Dusk patted the girl on the shoulders. "Are you alright?"
A soft nod came from Lunette. "I... am okay."

Their long stay in the bushes had alerted the nearby goblins - both the big and small, prompting them to charge full-speed toward the two mages.
"Tsk! They spotted us," Dusk scowled, which he then held up his staff in a defensive stance. "I will cut their path, so take them down from behind!"

http://junkart.wikidot.com/local--files ... inRush.PNG[/img]

Lunette proceeded to casting her spell.

"...O' freezing wind of the northern skies..."
"...Grant me thou power to rain down on thy adversary!"

"ICE!!"

(OCC: ^ random chanting lol)

==========
((OCC: okay, I think I went way overboard with this. Sorry about the 'wall of text'. Hopefully the read was enjoyable  :P))

I would definitely like to form one. Who would want to join? If three people did we would have six, enough to do the guild quest.

EDIT: Now it says you need 4 people. (2 RP'ers.) Guess it changed.

Injury

Awesome Bro

Well it's 2 actual people. 4 characters, 2 real and 2 npc.

If you want to form a guild/clan, just PM me and I'll add your name to the list. The Clan that already exists consists of Marche and Monteblanc. You might encounter them sometimes on a mission, or you can join it. This is expanding way beyond what I had thought it to be in the begining, but that is cool. It proves that people love to use their immagination *rainbows cue*

@shiroun - go join up at the RP Sign Up Page! Just know that if you aren't good at english, you might not get far!

Injury

Awesome Bro

Shiroun,

I really think you should take a look at the other player's threads. Read them carefully. Tell me what you notice. They don't move any other character's than themselves, and their partner. If you want to run around the tent, that's fine, but you don't need to show me you next 5 moves or plans. When I say "plan it out" I mean YOU mentally plan your next move(s). Those are humans btw, not goblins man. I really wish you'd also post more than that. Look at the post at the top of this page with the quote. That is an over the top example. You don't have to type that much, but I want to know what you are doing. Please just read everything more carefully, it will make your game play A LOT smoother.

sorry to be a jerk, I just want this to work!

@Injury: Just noticed that you replaced my characters' avatars on the sign-up page to the image one from the mission. LoL, I think it looks quite weird/awkward since it the image is big. I can do simple character portraits (100x100?) if you like, to substitute for the generic portraits.

P.S: I am willing to do the other players' too, but I will need a more specific/detailed appearance description if anyone is interested.

Oh, and feel free to invite me me if there is an open guild. I want guild missions too! ^_^

Injury

Awesome Bro

@Koji- thanks man! I just thought they were neat, that is all.

ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS:
there will be an x-mas break for the next 3 days. on the 26th, I'm going to be busy making missions, forming your guild, and updating everyone's missions! I'm going to ask this: Individual missions outside Guild Missions, or no?

Have a fun X-Mas, or whatever you celebrate! I'm sure it'll be fun.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.