Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFT:AIA Out of Character Chat

Injury

Awesome Bro

Just immagine it as meeting in the Pub and over hearing each other. You all met there, and decided that you go on the same missions, and it would be beneficial to work together as a Clan. Or you can think there are guild houses to go to. Whatever you wish.

I say you give us all a mission that leaves us all going into a giant fortress, and we all meet up, I'll even map it, you just have to put us in

Okay...

*Walks over to wall and tacks up giant sign that says Looking for Help on Important Mission! All Welcome! and sits in a chair to wait.*

Seriously though.. Team Ultima?  :cool: coolest and most cliched name ever, but it gets the job done. If that works, that's what I'll send in.

Injury

Awesome Bro

ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS:
there will be an x-mas break for the next 3 days. on the 26th, I'm going to be busy making missions, forming your guild, and updating everyone's missions! I'm going to ask this: Individual missions outside Guild Missions, or no?

Have a fun X-Mas, or whatever you celebrate! I'm sure it'll be fun.

Focus on the GUILD MISSIONS, as for now.

I kinda agree with shiroun's idea on the fortress. Actually, just go with any big mission that require several players. We can use that mission as the common-ground for all in-game characters to "coincidently" meet and get to know everyone.
Then after successfully completing it, Yggdrassil's team will suggest forming a clan, leading to everyone joining up. Sounds doable.

And let me in to the clan, too!! Any name is fine with me, but if I were to suggest; how about Clan "Sword for Hire" (SFH) ? LOL

===========
*Edit:
@Injury: I was thinking, maybe you could add in "Away-Quest" missions, or whatever they are called. It is those quests that require the player to send out one of their NPC (or partner character) to complete it.
The stats of that character will predetermine the outcome of the quest, but ONLY you (the gm) will know the actual criteria for clearing it. Quest like this can take up for one whole mission-time, or end after x number of days (real-time). The sent character will be freed after duration expired.

Example: Simple fetch quest that will need at least 5 in Speed to complete. I join it using Lunette, but as her Spd is inadequate, the mission will end in a failure. Of course, the result will only be announced after said-duration is over.

This could be useful for allocating npcs to do something else, while the main characters go on a combined clan quest. Things can get really messy if you allow the whole clan and their partners on one single mission (think 6 members + partners : 12 characters on field). This way, we can just use our main charas, and let our partners run amok on fetch quest. Just put a good reward (both for fail, or complete) for those simple quests, and we are all set~

*Argh, long suggestion. Sorry about that.

Actually, after thinking about it it does some like a good idea to have a mission where everyone meets. Be cool to have a boss in it that takes everyone working together to beat!

Names... hmmm... Team STFU? (Soldiers That Fight Unicorns)[\strange_joke]

Being serious, how about Clan Legends?

@ Dark:

Yeah, that could work really well, IMO. Having 12 person missions would get a little... confusing after a while, but without the NPCs it could work.

Injury

Awesome Bro

*Edit:
@Injury: I was thinking, maybe you could add in "Away-Quest" missions, or whatever they are called. It is those quests that require the player to send out one of their NPC (or partner character) to complete it.
The stats of that character will predetermine the outcome of the quest, but ONLY you (the gm) will know the actual criteria for clearing it. Quest like this can take up for one whole mission-time, or end after x number of days (real-time). The sent character will be freed after duration expired.

Example: Simple fetch quest that will need at least 5 in Speed to complete. I join it using Lunette, but as her Spd is inadequate, the mission will end in a failure. Of course, the result will only be announced after said-duration is over.

This could be useful for allocating npcs to do something else, while the main characters go on a combined clan quest. Things can get really messy if you allow the whole clan and their partners on one single mission (think 6 members + partners : 12 characters on field). This way, we can just use our main charas, and let our partners run amok on fetch quest. Just put a good reward (both for fail, or complete) for those simple quests, and we are all set~

*Argh, long suggestion. Sorry about that.

Its a good idea. I like dispatch missions. It would make the first guild mission cooler, all players, no npcs. I'll stew on the dispatching ideas. I'm very certain everyone wants to finish their mission first, which I'm more than happy to do...on the 26th. :P

im awfully busy right now, more so than the usual Christmas. I'll bbl

Injury

Awesome Bro

Hey everyone, your updates should be here by now. I've added Wumpi to the list, Welcome Wumpi!

The new guild's name is now

Clan Legends-
Members are:
Yggdrassil
Dark Koji
Nishi Tetsu
shiroun

You can decide a leader :)

Dispatch Missions:
When you go on a guild mission, you can decide which npcs you want to fill in the holes for your missions. since there are four people in this guild, say there is a 6 person guild mission. Your clan/guild can choose between each other which 2 other members to bring that you think would help. Use your JP on jobs your guild/clan needs to make missions easier. I'll be making all the other NPCS go on dispatch mission while you are at a guild mission. I'll be making a dispatch thread for the NPCs results, and more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Shiorun, you still aren't reading what I'm writing. I don't know if you understand what I'm writing. It doesn't matter that your in Honor's English because your replies are really far from what I've been writing :P

Uh... I think she mixed up her guys. I think she thinks the guys near the tent are her and the moogle is her enemy. I might be wrong but that's what it seemed like to me.

Also, I'm all for leadership. :P

I step down from the leader position, Good luck to whoever becomes leader.
I guess I'll hold off on missions until we all go on the guild mission.

Injury

Awesome Bro

Oh my, I'm sorry Yggdrassil :P

This stuff gets backed up because I'm a busy person in RL... :P

Y:
Uh... I think she mixed up her guys. I think she thinks the guys near the tent are her and the moogle is her enemy. I might be wrong but that's what it seemed like to me.

@:
Shiroun is a girly? didn't know. Anyways, I made it clear in the sign up post what is what. Black is player, red is enemy, and objective is green.

Like Nishi Tetsu, I will be holding off on missions as for now, in preparations for an upcoming clan mission.

So I guess we need one more player for the Mission 4: Guild War 1 @ Jagd Bridge quest. Probably Shiroun too? How about that for consideration?

Injury":3qjbviqo said:
@:
Shiroun is a girly? didn't know. Anyways, I made it clear in the sign up post what is what. Black is player, red is enemy, and objective is green.

Argh... no I think he's a boy? I have a horrible tendency to judge people's gender based off the gender of their avatar.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.