Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFT:AIA Out of Character Chat

shiroun":hx4onqwi said:
"Never again will you call me a dog," said Tach'ri, and with one stroke of his blade, the human spoke no more.

I think that it's up to Injury to decide whether or not the enemy dies or not, and for that matter, where he moves. I'm not sure you can say whether he sees you or not and say whether he is against Nus or not, calling them dogs.

It is a guild mission, and there are many enemies to give personalities, so the whole shouting thing I was okay with, but something just seemed off. Whether it was the fact that you controlled the enemy so much or that you killed him off, I'm not sure.

Also, the enemies moving near us are currently up near the sniper. If one noticed you and began shouting, he would bring his friends with him. Additionally, the enemies coming are an archer and a white mage, neither of which uses swords. The person you are thinking of is moving down near Enne, not coming to us. This last point I am not sure of, however, for I couldn't decipher from Injury's post whether the noise he heard caused him to walk towards our group or Enne's.
        Now, I believe that the person you said attacked you was the soldier to the west, which would explain the above paragraph. If indeed he was coming towards us than that is all fine and you can completely ignore the above part about who attacked you.

Last two, there is only 1 sniper, and you cannot say that the opponent was to slow to block or attack. Injury decides that.

Oh, and ignore all this if you have a skill that causes you to do an undodgeable instant kill. Just make sure you do something to make it clear that you used the skill, such as [THIS] or THIS.

I apologize if any of this seems mean, I just wanted to point these out.

Well, what I meant was, since the outcome of the fight is in my favor (I will probably win) when I said he will speak no more, that can be interpreted as we got into a fight, and didn't speak, only fought.

That doesn't mean he dies, injury can just say he was hurt, and then go into a regular fight.

Sorry for bad wording.

Ah, well that does mean something entirely different.

The way you had said it made it sound like you killed him guarenteed. Though you cannot assume you are stronger because (to my knowledge) you are level one and he is a member of an experianced guild.

Injury

Awesome Bro

I was going to bring this up. Shiro, you have a bad tendency to make stuff up, I've been very lenient on it the whole subject, so this is what I have to say. I made the RP, I control anything that isn't yours. You have Tach'ri, and your little companion. I'd like to see you just go with what I write, and work with it, but don't take it as far as making the characters do things they would, couldn't, or shouldn't do. That is playing god, my friend :P

Oh, and please look at this:

'I find it insulting to be proclaimed useless' thought Tach'ri. He saw the mog be attacked, and  was amazed at the accuracy. He went around the bend, attempting to try and do the same to one of the snipers. On his way, he was spotted,
"Hey, YOU! WHO ARE YOU!"
Tach'ri kept moving, thinking nothing of it. Maybe it was someone else.
"I SAID YOU! YOU LITTLE DOG THING!" (this is a hume of ivalice, he is companions with a nu, he'd know what it was :P)
That pissed him off. He saw a human like male come at him. (human like? it is !:) ) He knew he had to do quick work of it. The human was slow, his large blade came down on the grass, and before he could get it up Tach'ri was behind him. (This a low level guild mission, this soldier couldn't carry blade that big.)

"Never again will you call me a dog," said Tach'ri, and with one stroke of his blade, the human spoke no more. (<-that first part would've been great if you stopped there :) )

All in all, I just want to see people really writing, reading each post carefully, planing their attack, then executing it.

Then I want to see my sorry ass replying to it. Faster than normal. I'm eager to read lengthy replies, so don't feel shy. Make a basic reply, then modify it while I'm logged off so when I come back, I come back to some good looking paragraphs. You've all come a long way from that first mission, but it's not over yet...not yet!

ps-feedback time! Is this RP the worst evar? or is it a little better than that?!

I want to know what would make this better!

Oh, and I'm hoping everyone supports me in my new campaign: Role Playing Forum Mod

I hope it's achievable. I sit here all day all night waiting for nothing really. The sun to burn out, you know. Might as well chill here while it dies...

thanks thanks thanks!

I support you in your campaign, Injury! *runs off to get userbars*
In my opinon, I really don't think the RP needs changing. Its pretty good as it is.

I love this RP! I can't think of anything at the moment the needs changing, but something might come to me after the mission, so we'll see how that goes. Maybe HP can be shown for enemies?

No problem, Inury! I made these three just now:
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3038/fft1lz2.png[/img]
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2128/fft2mk2.png[/img]
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6648/fft3ny8.png[/img]
Anyone part of the RP can use it in their sig, if they want. And Injury, if you want, you can put them up on the sign-up page as long as I get proper credit. I am also thinking about making a bar for each little team, like the one I have in my sig for Leon and Keiichi. If I do, I'll probably get them all done on Thursday or Friday. Enjoy!

Injury

Awesome Bro

yea, sorry guys. I've been trying to pull together for lots of things, learning Ruby, applying for college, recording, working, etc. I know you all understand, so I thank you!

Injury

Awesome Bro

Your probably right, but we'll just say he used two arrows. I've got a lot of crap on my plate right now with recording, mastering, cover/back/insert drafts for my band, so I've been a bit stressed on time and lacking on any good writing that I was doing. It's a pain in the ass, but in the end it will be worth it....

I might have to rush through and put this on pause, I've gotta get that outta the way for committing myself to this and my game, which isn't the same one anymore. Dark Koji and I have been talking a bit, and he's come up with some AMAZING (did I mention amazing?) art for my characters, so project is going to be a great undertaking...

I'll try to remain on top of things everyone, if I can't do it to well, I'll need someone to continue our questing, but we'll wait and see right now.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.