Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Yet another Visual Equipment script!

Riup

it took me forever to find a script, now i wish i could download the demo =/

would you be so kind as to fix it? =p

if you make an account on box.net the link will always work, the only thing is you cant upload something bigger then 10mb unless you pay for an account

shinnn;225287 said:
Could someone re-upload the Demo please???????

i need it badly.

Also, this was asked on the first page but not answered:

Do I need to make custom charsets for this game?

Please reply soon, we all know the value of time.

Meâ„¢'s probably a little tied up with NetplayPlus, both the repair/transfer of the hacked website, and the revised Netplay Plus version 2. Yep... Netplay Plus's site was hacked before the transfer... AND this occurred before a beta release of NPP2. Face it... he's busy.

But the script is 'still' available in the first page. 'Cmon.

Oh, yeah... custom charsets are a definite must. Picture if you will... a template charset. It has no clothes, armor or whatnot. Now picture if you will, a charset of the same size with only the helmet lined up perfectly. Same goes for the armor, with the accessories and weapons.

Folders for your graphics:
Within the Graphics folder in your project, you normally have subfolders of 'Animations', 'AutoTiles', 'Battlers' and etc. Now, you need to make one in there named 'Visual Equipment'. This folder is used to house even more folders: Armors, Ears, eYES, Hair, and Templates.

You could have one for weapons, but he didn't code it into the script even though it wouldn't've been hard.

As you can imagine, not only can you add various armors into the system but can add distinctive features of to a character through equipping them through the script.

Folder Customization:
If you look into the RPG module at the very end of the script, you will see how you can change the name of the 'Visual Equipment' folder to what you want.

And if you look at the def get_file function starting at roughly line #154, you can see how you can change the name of folders like 'Armor', set the charsets to the equipment you want to use, and add/remove folders (Shields/Weapons/Socks) to your design.

The template is for reference and also so you have a body for the armor to go on top of. You'll need a separate characterset for each of them.

This would be a template in which you can use as a body sprite and if you want you can add eyes and hair to it to, or have those as separate sprites like the armor and have the player customize their hair and eyes.
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1341 ... alerb5.png[/img]

This would be the armor.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3860 ... r01zo3.png[/img]

I need little help with this script i succseded to activate it and all working with Mr. Mo's ABS :thumb: (Super Script!!!!) , guillaume777's Multi-Slot :thumb: (Also Super Script!!!!), and lots of other really good scripts XD .
the problem is that each time i try to do a shield with visual equipment
the shield is placed at the buttom of all equips and it suppose to be above them @_@ . (i mean at the game graphics not inside the script).
please help as soon as possible i really need help.

sorry for double posting but i really need help as soon as possible
':| :yes: ':| :yes: O_o

O_o
someone??!!
help please???
Me(tm) help me please!!!!!!
:( :( :( :( :( :(

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.