Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Yet another Visual Equipment script!

I'm trying to have the clothes that my characters wear change depending on what equipment they have equiped. It works for my main actor-the player character, but when I try and create an event that changes costume dependant on what a character is wearing it doesn't work, the visual equipment doesn't seem to change. Help

Due to a hack attempt on NetPlayPlus's website a month ago (just before version 2's release) and the subsequent server crash over there, Me(tm) is a ... little busy???

Visual Equipment
(temporary demo)

Okay... now this is an older version, but it'll have to do as an example. Please study and learn from it, and note the following:
  1. It's for SDK v 1.5, not 2.0 (so it may not be compatible with the newer SDK)
  2. It's an older one so the 1st page has a newer one.
  3. It's set up only for Guillaume777's Multi-Slot. Not "T's"
  4. Until Me(tm) becomes available... this will be the demo available
And finally, as a request so this post and this demo remains visible until ME(tm) updates this topic... no more request/help bumps. You'll add to the topic so this post won't be visible for fellow members.

'Kay??? :please:

Hey Great Script! Everything works out sound for me aside from one problem which I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've configured NetPlay+ 2 (works fine) but after adding this script to the end above main the login window/character information window will not dispose properly(When the actual game loads the name/password window and the character information window are still showing above the map) Any ideas? (Side note: I have successfully gotten gubid's battle system working with NetPlay+ but the same issue arrives*Not using visual equipment script*) Any help would be great. It has to be something simple I'm overlooking...Thanks.

• DerVVulfman":zj2f6dxb said:
    Due to a hack attempt on NetPlayPlus's website a month ago (just before version 2's release) and the subsequent server crash over there, Me(tm) is a ... little busy???

Visual Equipment
    (temporary demo)

Okay... now this is an older version, but it'll have to do as an example.  Please study and learn from it, and note the following:
    1. It's for SDK v 1.5, not 2.0 (so it may not be compatible with the newer SDK)
    2. It's an older one so the 1st page has a newer one.
    3. It's set up only for Guillaume777's Multi-Slot.  Not "T's"
    4. Until Me(tm) becomes available... this will be the demo available
DerVVulfman":zj2f6dxb said:
And finally, as a request so this post and this demo remains visible until ME(tm) updates this topic... no more request/help bumps.  You'll add to the topic so this post won't be visible for fellow members.

'Kay??? :please:

Me(tm) has dropped off for an unknown length of time.  I cannot say when (or if) he's coming back.  So queries into using this system should probably be kept in the RGSS Support forum so this does not get bumped off the screen as it did before.

Okay??

Hey all,

I haven't wrote much lately, mainly because I am trying to save my parents asses from getting bankrupt. Schools pretty demanding, so I won't be able to do much these days regarding old scripts and/or RMXP at all. However, I recreate this script in the near future with more options, more compatability and cleaner coding. Just don't count on anything real soon.

@DerVVulfman Thanks for everything!

Meâ„¢

Hey, if it is possible, could you please make this script a non sdk version...please. Even if it isn't compatible with those other scripts, just the visual equipment would be nice.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.