Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Yet another Visual Equipment script!

Another question...
Does this work with pixelmovement scripts? i.e.: jumping, eight-directional movement, dashing etc

EDIT: Seems as though it wont work with fukuyama's train_actor... -_- (yet;) )
Also a bug with retaime's shadow script; the shadows show up, but they wont move, like they are printed on the screen. And when you open the menu(easiest to see with ring menu) it refreshes the shadows...but afterwards, same thing happens.

another EDIT: I really shouldv'e done this five minutes ago...but I tested the script with retaime's stuff. Since fukuyama's train_actor doesnt work with it, than the reflection wont either(and neither will mirrors i think...) kinda odd when it reflects my original character sprite when what i have eqipped makes me look totally different.(good for main characters with schizophrenia :P )

I have a SDK compatible (So... better coded) version made of Raitaimes script. The shadows so update there, but it doesnent show the equipments as shadow yet, but it uses the ATS too ;)
Since fukuyama's train_actor doesnt work with it, than the reflection wont either(and neither will mirrors i think...)
You can't tell ;)

I will make a version to work with Raitaimes stuff. perhaps a merged script.

But wait a sec, Raitaimes VE works with the shadow stuff nd Fukuyama's Train Actor script? If that is true I will be able to fix it anyway I guess.

Yeah he released a compilation of his mirror, reflection, shadows, sun,visual equipment and destruction script with fukuyama's train actor script, all working in perfect harmony!

I'm wondering, if I were to set up an NPC of another character in the party, is there something I can use in the Call Script event that retrieves what they're wearing and puts it on the sprite?

@~Atlaswing~ Have you not been paying attention to the posts at all? Why dont you try reading before you write?

Oh and in retaime's demo, just get rid of the ring menu. IT causes errors. And Im not sure why but retaime's visual equipment isnt in there, but I know I put it somewhere...

Drake Miriel,
Code:
#How to add Equipment to the characters as in Events:
#   - Add comments in this format:
#       Comment: Visual Equipment
#       Comment: Body | [charset] | [hue]
#       Comment: Armor | [charset] | [hue]
#       Comment: Helmet | [charset] | [hue]
#       Comment: Weapon | [charset] | [hue]
#       Comment: Accessory | [charset] | [hue]
#       Comment: Shield | [charset] | [hue]
#   - Replace [charset] by the filename without extension
#   - Replace [hue] by the hue, default 0
#   ● NOTE: please use:  |  (with spaces) instead of | (without spaces)
#   ● NOTE: when no hue was found, the hue will be set to 0 (default)
#   ● NOTE: when not entering the hue, remove the last collon. (ex. Body | [charset])
#   ● NOTE: more/less maximum event equipments can be set at Visual_Equipment
#   ● NOTE: Body/Armor/Helmet etc. can be replaced by ex. 1, 2, 3, 4

I know that, I read how to set it up. I'll give you an example of what I meant.
Let's say I equipped the second member of my party with Iron Armor. However, by this point in time Steel Armor is available. As I don't know what the player will equip to the event, I want to be able to check which armor the actor's wearing and then add that to the event, instead of guessing which one out of 10 armors the person' wearing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.