Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Xephyr's Event Systems (Requests Open!)

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... domsig.png[/img]

^Me messing around in PDN for 10 minutes^

Well, basically, I'm an eventer.  I've been told I'm very good at it, but it's just eventing, in my opinion, it's just knowing how the program works, it's not all that special.

Some people can't figure it out very easily though, and that's where I come in.

On request, I'll make you any event system you want for free (depending on the size of the system).

If you want some examples, they are in my sig, but I'll post them here in a spoiler too if you want to look.

Guitar Hero System NEWEST* ; 9/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... tled-1.jpg[/img]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic ABS Structure  Old ; 5/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
none
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side-View Turn-based Duel System New-ish ; 7/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... reen-1.jpg[/img]

Also, I have both XP and VX, so you can request a specific system if you want.

Staff - it would be cool if you could sticky this.  I doubt you guys will do that...but that would be cool ^_^

Very large requests (Ex: Card game, large battle systems like Quintessence, complete game systems like Guitar Hero) will require some sort of payment, whether it be money (5 dollars tops), or some sort of resource pay-back for me.

Current Requests:
1 - someperson - Football Game ;; 2% Done
2 - Open
3 - Open
4 - Open
5 - Open

1. Mikee's Vampire System
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ttk1jwoz14o

2. Mikee's Vampire System Alignment Add-on
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjtj5zmwm2t

Mikee":3tr0290k said:
I've got to say, Xephyr.  It's surprising that you got it to work thus far.  Not extremely tough, though.  It is good, but not your best work.  And it would be very unlikely to see it in a full length game, probably because of the immense problems with editing it and/or adding skills and such.  However; it is pretty interesting how you got it to work.  Nice job.  Can't wait to see more!

When I've finished it and have added all the features I have planned, you'll be saying otherwise.

Oh yes! Me Me Me!
Could you design some sort of;
System where the hero must creep in the shadows? And if he steps outside the shadows, guards get alerted?
For my new game.
That would be sweet!

Thanks,
        ~AdamationStudios

AdamationStudios":19y35tgw said:
Oh yes! Me Me Me!
Could you design some sort of;
System where the hero must creep in the shadows? And if he steps outside the shadows, guards get alerted?
For my new game.
That would be sweet!

Thanks,
        ~AdamationStudios

In the tileset where this will take place, go into the database and give the "shadow" tile a terrain tag of, say, 3.  Then, in the map where this is taking place, make a parallel process event where if the player's terrain tag is = to 3, then nothing, but if else, put the "guard event" in.

This isn't really a request, but can you show/make me an example for an animation solely based on pictures?
Some of the animations that I am going to make are just going to show pictures, and not animation frames.

Xephyr":2cz8iiym said:
In the tileset where this will take place, go into the database and give the "shadow" tile a terrain tag of, say, 3.  Then, in the map where this is taking place, make a parallel process event where if the player's terrain tag is = to 3, then nothing, but if else, put the "guard event" in.

Thanks man!

Xeph, you helped me out one other time, so I know your capable... Once again I have a request that probably isn't that hard, just I'm dopey.

AdamationStudios requested a shadow creeping event, I have a similar request:

I need a vertical hallway with guards that are standing back against the wall, every few seconds they will turn down to look for intruders, and the player must hide in shadows, to avoid being seen.

I need it in VX.

Thanks~

I'm trying to do a Kingdom Hearts game... can you get the menu-bar thing like KH in the bottom left, so I don't actually have to go into battles - just when the player presses enter selected on an option, it performs that action... is there any way you can do this? (I don't mind if it's scripting, although I'd rather it wasn't)

EDIT: VX please!

lmao!  Whoa!  Look at this guy.  Have fun, Xephyr.  And, ScarredForLife, why don't you pay attention to the thread.  At least the title.

WeaponOD":ihjt4eed said:
Xeph, you helped me out one other time, so I know your capable... Once again I have a request that probably isn't that hard, just I'm dopey.

AdamationStudios requested a shadow creeping event, I have a similar request:

I need a vertical hallway with guards that are standing back against the wall, every few seconds they will turn down to look for intruders, and the player must hide in shadows, to avoid being seen.

I need it in VX.

Thanks~

When you're sneaking in the hallway, do the guards ONLY look down, or do they turn randomly?  Randomly is more difficult, and Xeph will have to explain it.  But if they only turn around every once in a while, then you can do the exact same thing that Xeph told the other guy.

Just use a conditional branch to check to see if the guard is facing down, or even toward the player might work (I can't remember if that option is even available... durh) If he IS facing in the right direction, then run a conditional to see if you're on the right tile tag.  If so, you're safe.  If not, run the "caught" event. 

Simple enough.  No?

@ WeaponOD:

What Mikee said.

@ Scarredforlife:

Well I could (have tried before, it worked) make a menu at the bottom left controlled with Q, A, Z, and W...but I don't totally understand what you want.  If you want Q to attack, lemme know what ABS your using first.

Sero":1f6ged4x said:
I have a request. I need the field of attack on Blizz-ABS 4 XP to be limited for short ranged attacks. Can you do that?
Here is what it looks like:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... e4dc93.jpg[/img]

I think you would be a lot better off simply requesting that as a script.  Blizz is a nice guy he'll do it for ya. 

Honestly, I don't think it's possible to re-write a part of Blizz-Abs in events. 

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php

He lives there.

Hey, Sero.  I'm pretty sure you can change the range using the interface Blizz included.  You can use it to set certain skills to do all sorts of different things.  I used this script in my Last Awakening game and my feed skill worked only on enemies in a really close range, but my dominate skill worked for about twenty feet away.

Also... you should really pay attention to the difference between scripts and events and watch what you post on here.  This isn't the first time you've posted something completely out of place. 

Man you are the best eventer I think I have ever seen  :thumb: but, then again I have only seen a few really good ones XD

Anyway, on to my request. I don't know if this is possible with events or not but I'll ask anyway. Is it possible to make a small screen at one of the bottom corners that has the players face graphic and HP/SP bars, and It won't go away when the screen fades, aka it is there all the time exept main menu and start screen? If you cant don't worry about it.

( in XP please )

I'm positive that Xephyr can do that.  But there are dozens of scripts out there that will also do this.  And usually they work a bit smoother.  However;  even I have evented something like this before.  Good luck getting the request filled.  If you don't mind scripts, I'd undergo a search for "hud script" or something of the sort.  Mog's HUD looks pretty nice.  It even has little boxes that show your icons for your equipped gear like weapons and armor.  It shows your character's picture too, and it's easy to set it up.

Mikee":8b8ffe7x said:
I'm positive that Xephyr can do that.  But there are dozens of scripts out there that will also do this.  And usually they work a bit smoother.  However;  even I have evented something like this before.  Good luck getting the request filled.  If you don't mind scripts, I'd undergo a search for "hud script" or something of the sort.  Mog's HUD looks pretty nice.  It even has little boxes that show your icons for your equipped gear like weapons and armor.  It shows your character's picture too, and it's easy to set it up.

I agree totally, but unfortunatly my scripting know-how is little to none :(. Because of that I feel like I am confined to what the scripter of that script gave me (I am not possitive this is makeing any sense at all XD) with events i can see how he/she did it a learn how. I don't want to keep bugging the creator for fixes or bugs...   (This is just me I may just be crazy)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.