Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Xephyr's Event Systems (Requests Open!)

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... domsig.png[/img]

^Me messing around in PDN for 10 minutes^

Well, basically, I'm an eventer.  I've been told I'm very good at it, but it's just eventing, in my opinion, it's just knowing how the program works, it's not all that special.

Some people can't figure it out very easily though, and that's where I come in.

On request, I'll make you any event system you want for free (depending on the size of the system).

If you want some examples, they are in my sig, but I'll post them here in a spoiler too if you want to look.

Guitar Hero System NEWEST* ; 9/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... tled-1.jpg[/img]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic ABS Structure  Old ; 5/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
none
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side-View Turn-based Duel System New-ish ; 7/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... reen-1.jpg[/img]

Also, I have both XP and VX, so you can request a specific system if you want.

Staff - it would be cool if you could sticky this.  I doubt you guys will do that...but that would be cool ^_^

Very large requests (Ex: Card game, large battle systems like Quintessence, complete game systems like Guitar Hero) will require some sort of payment, whether it be money (5 dollars tops), or some sort of resource pay-back for me.

Current Requests:
1 - someperson - Football Game ;; 2% Done
2 - Open
3 - Open
4 - Open
5 - Open

1. Mikee's Vampire System
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ttk1jwoz14o

2. Mikee's Vampire System Alignment Add-on
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjtj5zmwm2t

Lmao!  Alright.  Well... Ha ha.  I'm amazed that I've been able to stump the master... well... more like stump him with pointless complications. 

But still.  This is how it makes sense to me!  lol  Thanks for the help, Xephyr.  What did you think of the visuals?  Good? lol

Mikee":1ht8nt1h said:
Lmao!  Alright.  Well... Ha ha.  I'm amazed that I've been able to stump the master... well... more like stump him with pointless complications. 

But still.  This how it makes sense to me!  lol  Thanks for the help, Xephyr.  What did you think of the visuals?  Good? lol

The visuals were nice.  It will certainly be an entertaining mini-game in the full project.

Alright, thanks, I'll look at your guitar hero minigame and edit it from that. I was also wondering if a football minigame was possible from events as well. Don't worry about it if it's to much work or requires scripting.

Kabam!  Hail me, for I am king of extremely difficult eventing! (That didn't need to be so difficult.)

alright.  I totally got it to work.  I had my event pages in the wrong order, so it wouldn't activate the one with the switch condition.  DUH!  And I made it so you can't just hold the up arrow and wait for it to unlock because it will reset the lock when you mess up.  I might make this even more difficult and add a lot more locks on special doors, or something like that.  Sweet!  I'm going to reupload it right now.  I'll send you the link so you can check it out, but don't worry about it if you're busy.  I'm just stoked!

Hmm, that sounds interesting, someperson. 

I bet you could do it, with eventing, but I don't know if you'd really want it to be a minigame.

EDIT:  Sorry for the doublepost.  He posted while I was still typing my last reply.

someperson":1jdi65m6 said:
Alright, thanks, I'll look at your guitar hero minigame and edit it from that. I was also wondering if a football minigame was possible from events as well. Don't worry about it if it's to much work or requires scripting.

Are you European?  Cause I don't know soccer at all and you would need to teach me some soccer or make my lazy ass go to wikipedia and read up.

Otherwise, American football, I could try, but it would most likely be like old school Tecmo Bowl--only like 3 available plays, players move blocky, etc.

I looked through it and it was good. Nice visuals, good eventing, yet it was good. A bit too easy though.
Also if you do want, I have a Lock-Picking script similar to the one in Oblivion if you need. Not made by me though.

Hey there Xephyr!
I thought I'd ask for some help here instead of making a new thread. =]
First off, I'm using XP and if it has any effect I am also using the GTBS script which comes with an enemy detection script.

I know this does sound rather simple and I've had a pretty good amount of experience in eventing but I can't quite seem to figure this one out.
Alright, so I'm using roaming sprites that charge you when you get into a certain range to engage a battle. The thing is that I'd like for these sprites to disappear after the battle is finished but reappear in their original starting placement when you reenter the map.
So I tried a few things like checking "Continue even when loser..." and simply added "If Victory ... Change Graphic to None"
But apparently wasn't working.
Any suggestions/thoughts?

Kaleidx":3jh6nnhm said:
Hey there Xephyr!
I thought I'd ask for some help here instead of making a new thread. =]
First off, I'm using XP and if it has any effect I am also using the GTBS script which comes with an enemy detection script.

I know this does sound rather simple and I've had a pretty good amount of experience in eventing but I can't quite seem to figure this one out.
Alright, so I'm using roaming sprites that charge you when you get into a certain range to engage a battle. The thing is that I'd like for these sprites to disappear after the battle is finished but reappear in their original starting placement when you reenter the map.
So I tried a few things like checking "Continue even when loser..." and simply added "If Victory ... Change Graphic to None"
But apparently wasn't working.
Any suggestions/thoughts?

Well, when the battle is over, simply activate a switch that gets rid of all the enemy events, for starters.

Second, put a parallel process event somewhere with Control Variables that have the X and Y coordinates of all the events you want to go back.  Then put a self switch turning that event off.

Put events in the top corner of the screen or somewhere with the graphic of the events you want returned to their place.  Have them activated only when the switch that turns on after the battle is activated.

In another parallel process (activated by the end battle switch), put a "set event location" for each event, with the x, y variables.

If this makes no sense whatsoever, lemme know.

Current Request:
someperson's Football Game.

the football system is NOT going well.  I made a field and set up offense and defense.  But making a defense AI is hell and trying to set up even remotely realistic offensive plays is just NO.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to quit.  This is pretty much un-doable with events.  Well, not un-doable, it's just not possible to make it good.

I suggest requesting a script instead.  Sorry.

Hey, Xephyr.  Have you ever tried making a 2 player strategy based system?  I got bored earlier and I'm playing around with it (Entirely with events, of course.)  It's not too tough.  Just a little time consuming.

Mikee":bcuxshsv said:
Hey, Xephyr.  Have you ever tried making a 2 player strategy based system?  I got bored earlier and I'm playing around with it (Entirely with events, of course.)  It's not too tough.  Just a little time consuming.

Actually I've tried many different two-player things (utilizing different sides of the keyboard).

It's pretty fun, but kind of awkward to test.  I gotta be like "hey brother come here"

But yeah if someone ever feels like they wanna request a two-player system of some kind, go right ahead, cause I can do it.

Sweet.  So far it's working out pretty good.  I'm trying to be creative in how I come up with my health and energy bars since I'm going to make them entirely out of pictures and no scripts whatsoever.  I'll figure something out.  I'm starting to lean toward Zelda's heart health system.  But with different visuals, obviously.

That football system;  did you use the actual character sprites for the players, or did you make a real minigame type deal out of it with pictures and all that jazz?

And hey, Xephyr.  What's the easiest way to make the player immobile using eventing?  I just can't seem to figure it out.

I tried making a strategy type game, and did pretty well, i got a fog of war, hp of units places that made units and half a typically RTS game, using pictures to create nice visuals. I never finished it because i just could not make a enemy with AI. Couldn't make them build units and come attack you so i just gave up. I might have given it another shot but my folder containing this is all gone. So if you are going to make a strategy type game, how do you plan on making the enemies' AI? (Enemy build units, enemy attacks you, enemy harvest units etc.)?? If i knew how to do that i might have gotten pretty far at making this RTS-based game.

Unless of course your making a different type of strategy game...

Xephyr":a29pczu2 said:
the football system is NOT going well.  I made a field and set up offense and defense.  But making a defense AI is hell and trying to set up even remotely realistic offensive plays is just NO.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to quit.  This is pretty much un-doable with events.  Well, not un-doable, it's just not possible to make it good.

I suggest requesting a script instead.  Sorry.

Oh alright, that's cool then.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.