Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Xephyr's Event Systems (Requests Open!)

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... domsig.png[/img]

^Me messing around in PDN for 10 minutes^

Well, basically, I'm an eventer.  I've been told I'm very good at it, but it's just eventing, in my opinion, it's just knowing how the program works, it's not all that special.

Some people can't figure it out very easily though, and that's where I come in.

On request, I'll make you any event system you want for free (depending on the size of the system).

If you want some examples, they are in my sig, but I'll post them here in a spoiler too if you want to look.

Guitar Hero System NEWEST* ; 9/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... tled-1.jpg[/img]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic ABS Structure  Old ; 5/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
none
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side-View Turn-based Duel System New-ish ; 7/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... reen-1.jpg[/img]

Also, I have both XP and VX, so you can request a specific system if you want.

Staff - it would be cool if you could sticky this.  I doubt you guys will do that...but that would be cool ^_^

Very large requests (Ex: Card game, large battle systems like Quintessence, complete game systems like Guitar Hero) will require some sort of payment, whether it be money (5 dollars tops), or some sort of resource pay-back for me.

Current Requests:
1 - someperson - Football Game ;; 2% Done
2 - Open
3 - Open
4 - Open
5 - Open

1. Mikee's Vampire System
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ttk1jwoz14o

2. Mikee's Vampire System Alignment Add-on
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjtj5zmwm2t

Unka Josh":ibmaic11 said:
Autorun events should do this.

Failing that, Set Move Route:  Move Towards Player ought to do it.

Good call.  While the first player is frozen, the second has to move using the WASD keys, so autorun won't work, but I'll give the move route a try.  Thanks!

Danny2000":ibmaic11 said:
I tried making a strategy type game, and did pretty well, i got a fog of war, hp of units places that made units and half a typically RTS game, using pictures to create nice visuals. I never finished it because i just could not make a enemy with AI. Couldn't make them build units and come attack you so i just gave up. I might have given it another shot but my folder containing this is all gone. So if you are going to make a strategy type game, how do you plan on making the enemies' AI? (Enemy build units, enemy attacks you, enemy harvest units etc.)?? If i knew how to do that i might have gotten pretty far at making this RTS-based game.

Unless of course your making a different type of strategy game...

Actually, this is going to be solely 2 players, maybe 4 in a later version.  Remember FF Tactics?  It'll be basically a simple battle system like that.  No enemy AI at all, actually (Unless I decide to make a summon skill)  So far it's a 20X15 map with two players, each having 5 spaces before their turn is up.  When their turn ends, they can choose Attack (Showing a list of 2 different skills - Experience will unlock skills as you go) Heal, or End Turn, making it the second players turn.  It's a pretty simple system.

So far, the most complicated part is the skill.  Like... If you use a ranged skill, you have to check the player's coordinates to make sure you're in range.  So I had to do this long conditional branch system for each skill.  If there's an easier way, I'd love to hear about it.

You know, Danny, you could have done random numbers for your enemy's building situation, and then just done something like:  if troop variable is >= 6 then move toward player (or event)  Then make a guard station that doesn't move that checks to see if the enemy is in range.  if they are, have him fire.  Same with the moving enemies.  Something like that is the only thing I can think of for your system though.

Xephyr":pbswn9yf said:
is that a request or a challenge?  I know you've made one before, or someone has (I remember seeing it), so I assume it's a challenge.
challenge V_V
i dont have RMXP so can you screenshot the event pages and post them up? =3 when you are all done of course.

Mikee":1pwddwf6 said:
Actually, this is going to be solely 2 players, maybe 4 in a later version.  Remember FF Tactics?  It'll be basically a simple battle system like that.  No enemy AI at all, actually (Unless I decide to make a summon skill)  So far it's a 20X15 map with two players, each having 5 spaces before their turn is up.  When their turn ends, they can choose Attack (Showing a list of 2 different skills - Experience will unlock skills as you go) Heal, or End Turn, making it the second players turn.  It's a pretty simple system.

So far, the most complicated part is the skill.  Like... If you use a ranged skill, you have to check the player's coordinates to make sure you're in range.  So I had to do this long conditional branch system for each skill.  If there's an easier way, I'd love to hear about it.

You know, Danny, you could have done random numbers for your enemy's building situation, and then just done something like:  if troop variable is >= 6 then move toward player (or event)  Then make a guard station that doesn't move that checks to see if the enemy is in range.  if they are, have him fire.  Same with the moving enemies.  Something like that is the only thing I can think of for your system though.

Oh you're making that type of strategy game. Thats seems a lot easy then what i was trying to do. What you said I could have done but when i started making that it was quite some time ago :P

Xilef":1xfsh9qi said:
Xephyr":1xfsh9qi said:
is that a request or a challenge?  I know you've made one before, or someone has (I remember seeing it), so I assume it's a challenge.
challenge V_V
i dont have RMXP so can you screenshot the event pages and post them up? =3 when you are all done of course.

K.  Make a charcter of two pong paddles and set up the arena with the ball.  The paddle will be compromised of 4 squares.  When the ball is started, it gos straight right.  If the Y coordinate of the ball hits a part of the paddle, it will go back.  If it hits on the top square, it will go hard down left, or it will go slightly down left if it hits the slightly top, depending on the Y variables of the paddle.  Vise versa for the lower parts of the paddle.  If the ball doesn't hit the paddle it continues going.  If the Y of the ball is equal to the scoring area, a point is given to the first player.  If it hits a wall, it goes straight back.

Repeat the process for the other paddle.

I would have never thought of how to get the ball to move at different angles.  You're pretty good, Xephyr.  Is the ball an event though?  If so, how do you get it to move at angles without a script?  Or is it a picture??

Mikee":3vkn43wx said:
I would have never thought of how to get the ball to move at different angles.  You're pretty good, Xephyr.  Is the ball an event though?  If so, how do you get it to move at angles without a script?  Or is it a picture??

Well, if it were an event, there is a "move lower left" "move lower right", etc option in set move route.  You realized that right?

Im guessing that the paddles have three parts to them... a middle a top and a bottom. If the ball hits the middle part it goes straight right/left. If it hits the top part it goes lower left or lower right, same with the bottom. Its probably more complicated then that though. Thats what I think gonna happen...

Xephyr":1dfpe57q said:
Mikee":1dfpe57q said:

Well, if it were an event, there is a "move lower left" "move lower right", etc option in set move route.  You realized that right?

Ha ha!  I totally wrote my response right in the middle of your quote... Doh!

EDIT:  Heh...  I got it now.  XD  I've never used those, so I guess that's my excuse.  How's football coming?  Screenshot?

Mikee":3e7g6oy4 said:
Xephyr":3e7g6oy4 said:
Mikee":3e7g6oy4 said:

Ha ha!  I totally wrote my response right in the middle of your quote... Doh!

EDIT:  Heh...  I got it now.  XD  I've never used those, so I guess that's my excuse.  How's football coming?  Screenshot?

There's nothing to take a screen of because nothing works yet >_>

Xephyr":nolixtmi said:
K.  Make a charcter of two pong paddles and set up the arena with the ball.   The paddle will be compromised of 4 squares.  When the ball is started, it gos straight right.  If the Y coordinate of the ball hits a part of the paddle, it will go back.  If it hits on the top square, it will go hard down left, or it will go slightly down left if it hits the slightly top, depending on the Y variables of the paddle.  Vise versa for the lower parts of the paddle.  If the ball doesn't hit the paddle it continues going.  If the Y of the ball is equal to the scoring area, a point is given to the first player.  If it hits a wall, it goes straight back.
That is precisely how I did it, but I used both X and Y cord's to determine where the ball is.
So if the ball hit top Y it went downwards at the angle it hit (Using variables to determine the angle), if it hit bottom Y is went upwards at the angle, if it was around p1X then compare the ball Y with the p1Y, if it is above then it bounces up, if it is bottom is bounces down, if it is same it goes straight, if it is g1X then player 2 gets a point, and do something similar for P2's side of the screen.
I had both paddles have 5 parts, only the middle 3 were visible and the top and bottom ones only work when the paddle moves into the ball.

Well, my newest event system is ready to be released, but only as a basic shell.  As of now, it's barely even stable and there are dozens of odd bugs that I haven't taken the time to try and fix yet.

Design Notes:
MP use is awkward.  Skills are still unstable.  Not recommended that you use skills.
After using skills or defend/heal, the cmmand menu doesn't show up on your next turn.
Occasionally you can attack while the ATB bar is still filling.
Attack functions perfectly.
System is made in VX.

Here's a download link for people to check out if they wish.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5OSEPVOW
Version 0.001

Please remember that it is very unstable and not recommended to use let alone even attempt to edit.

Oh yeah, what it is:

an ATB 1-on-1 side view battle system in VX created with all pictures.

Enjoy.

You should really try to name all the events you use and put comments in.
As for the event itself, it's a simple sideview battle system. I don't like evented battle systems, not that it's not awesome or super special skillful use of events, but events should really stay away from the normals RPG battle systems.

Xilef":160xunhh said:
You should really try to name all the events you use and put comments in.
As for the event itself, it's a simple sideview battle system. I don't like evented battle systems, not that it's not awesome or super special skillful use of events, but events should really stay away from the normals RPG battle systems.

I'm too lazy.  I'll put those things in when the system is actually finished.

I've got to say, Xephyr.  It's surprising that you got it to work thus far.  Not extremely tough, though.  It is good, but not your best work.  And it would be very unlikely to see it in a full length game, probably because of the immense problems with editing it and/or adding skills and such.  However; it is pretty interesting how you got it to work.  Nice job.  Can't wait to see more!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.