Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Xephyr's Event Systems (Requests Open!)

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... domsig.png[/img]

^Me messing around in PDN for 10 minutes^

Well, basically, I'm an eventer.  I've been told I'm very good at it, but it's just eventing, in my opinion, it's just knowing how the program works, it's not all that special.

Some people can't figure it out very easily though, and that's where I come in.

On request, I'll make you any event system you want for free (depending on the size of the system).

If you want some examples, they are in my sig, but I'll post them here in a spoiler too if you want to look.

Guitar Hero System NEWEST* ; 9/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... tled-1.jpg[/img]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic ABS Structure  Old ; 5/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
none
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side-View Turn-based Duel System New-ish ; 7/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... reen-1.jpg[/img]

Also, I have both XP and VX, so you can request a specific system if you want.

Staff - it would be cool if you could sticky this.  I doubt you guys will do that...but that would be cool ^_^

Very large requests (Ex: Card game, large battle systems like Quintessence, complete game systems like Guitar Hero) will require some sort of payment, whether it be money (5 dollars tops), or some sort of resource pay-back for me.

Current Requests:
1 - someperson - Football Game ;; 2% Done
2 - Open
3 - Open
4 - Open
5 - Open

1. Mikee's Vampire System
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ttk1jwoz14o

2. Mikee's Vampire System Alignment Add-on
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjtj5zmwm2t

Ooh!  Pick me pick me.

*Has a strange feeling that he just posted about opening a request forum for this...*
XP
Anyway.  I'd like a basic vampire system with the following features.  I'm going to be using Mr. Mo's ABS (I forget the name but it's the most recent one (I'll edit this later with the name))

Anyway. 

• A slowly draining thirst bar (Can be SP bar, since there is no magic in the game)
  • When the thirst bar gets to the bottom, the screen flashes red and your health begins to drain.
  • When the health bar gets below 20% (or a certain number would be fine, like 50 hp) your movement decreases.
    • And then, before you die, you are transported back to a certain area (like a safehouse) and restored to full health.
    • When you are fully restored, you lose 10% of your exp.
    • A feeding event that works when you use the action button while holding a certain key (like Q + Enter).
    • The feeding event will regenerate your thirst quickly but only 80% of the way, stunning and confusing the enemy)
    • Sunlight hurts the player slowly, draining hp - each map will have a switch that turns on or off.

Okay, I've realized while typing this that because this isn't very generic, it might be pretty difficult to do.  Keep in mind that I'm not completely hopeless and if I need to tweak or edit something in the system, I could probably handle it myself.

And... if this IS too complicated, or too wide because of all of the features, then don't worry about it.  I need a simple blacksmithing system also that I could throw at you while I worked on the vampire system.  (I just have problems with strange errors quite often. Probably because I'm using ABS scripts that complicate things.)

Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you'd rather do the blacksmithing system.  Either way, I'd be stoked.

Alright, Mikee.  I'm gonna start working on yours.  To make everything easier on me I'm gonna use my own HUD just to make sure everything works without constantly opening the menu.

Xephyr, I just looked at the vampire system.  I LOVE THE ANIMATIONS!  It makes it much more realistic.  Thanks again.

Oh, and by the way... since you haven't got much business right now.  Would you mind doing an addon for the system? 

If yes;

An alignment system so when you drink the blood of an innocent (like a villager) you lose alignment points and when you feed off of evil doers (like thieves) you gain alignment points.  Maybe start with 50, and when you get to 25, you change classes and your graphic changes (I'll make the graphics, don't worry about that, obviously) and when it gets to 75, your class changes and so does your graphic.  Sound like something you'd be interested in?

Let me know. If someone else requests something before or during this, please, move on to theirs.  I've already had my place in line.

Mikee":1182pyp0 said:
Xephyr, I just looked at the vampire system.  I LOVE THE ANIMATIONS!  It makes it much more realistic.  Thanks again.

Oh, and by the way... since you haven't got much business right now.  Would you mind doing an addon for the system? 

If yes;

An alignment system so when you drink the blood of an innocent (like a villager) you lose alignment points and when you feed off of evil doers (like thieves) you gain alignment points.  Maybe start with 50, and when you get to 25, you change classes and your graphic changes (I'll make the graphics, don't worry about that, obviously) and when it gets to 75, your class changes and so does your graphic.  Sound like something you'd be interested in?

Let me know. If someone else requests something before or during this, please, move on to theirs.  I've already had my place in line.

I'm already nearly done.  :)

Here's your add-on.

The problem is that for some reason the HUD disappears occasionally, but that's a script problem, not my eventing.  XD

But yeah kill the evil guy and your class will be Good Fighter and kill the good people and its Bad Fighter.  Lol I rushed it.

Edit the class change and put a character graphic change for your game and it'll be good.

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjtj5zmwm2t

Chalupa":2z1r2zbo said:
I'd like a racing minigame for VX if at all possible.

That's the type of thing that would require a payment of some sort, unless you want some brain-dead opponents.

I would have to set up some sort of AI for each opponent, like where to drive and tactics on the course (aggressive, cutting corners, varying speeds and levels for the opponents), and then I would have to set-up an ever changing move route for the racers depending on where everyone else is.  For instance, if the player cuts in front of that opponent, they would have to take a quick right/left turn to get around.

Then, there's the move routes themselves.  I would have to set up a long move route for each character and for each track, which would be hell.

I'm just saying.  It's not that I can't do it; I can, and I know I can, because of tried this before, it's just that it's unbelievably difficult, a script would be better, and you probably don't wanna spend much money.

My logic: 4 dollars an hour once the project exceeds two hours.  The vampire system took 30-40 minutes, no payment.  If a project takes me two hours, no payment.  Once the time is takes me to make it exceeds two hours, every hour from there is 4 dollars.  When I did this same exact project about 4 months ago, it took me many, many hours.  Enough that you'll be fishing out maybe 20 bucks, when a scripter would do it free and it would be a hell of a lot simpler.

The End

Thank you for reading.  This has been a long, stupid ramble by your friend Xephyr.

Xephyr":3hjbgcql said:
Chalupa":3hjbgcql said:
I'd like a racing minigame for VX if at all possible.

That's the type of thing that would require a payment of some sort, unless you want some brain-dead opponents.

I would have to set up some sort of AI for each opponent, like where to drive and tactics on the course (aggressive, cutting corners, varying speeds and levels for the opponents), and then I would have to set-up an ever changing move route for the racers depending on where everyone else is.  For instance, if the player cuts in front of that opponent, they would have to take a quick right/left turn to get around.

Then, there's the move routes themselves.  I would have to set up a long move route for each character and for each track, which would be hell.

I'm just saying.  It's not that I can't do it; I can, and I know I can, because of tried this before, it's just that it's unbelievably difficult, a script would be better, and you probably don't wanna spend much money.

My logic: 4 dollars an hour once the project exceeds two hours.  The vampire system took 30-40 minutes, no payment.  If a project takes me two hours, no payment.  Once the time is takes me to make it exceeds two hours, every hour from there is 4 dollars.  When I did this same exact project about 4 months ago, it took me many, many hours.  Enough that you'll be fishing out maybe 20 bucks, when a scripter would do it free and it would be a hell of a lot simpler.

The End

Thank you for reading.  This has been a long, stupid ramble by your friend Xephyr.
Hmm...  what about a Point-A to Point-B Time Trial thing?

Alright, Xephyr. 

If you have a few minutes, I've got a situation for you.  I've been using your vampire system.  Well, actually I just used the basics, changed scripts, added a bit, got rid of the alignment thing completely, and tried using some common events.

Anyway, I wanted to make a skill where you throw the enemy back two spaces, but I cannot seem to get it to work for me.  I'm beginning to think that I'm going to need a script to get it to work.  However; I'm thinking of uploading the project to megaupload or something and then sending you the link.  You can look over it, test it, critique it a bit, and then see if you can get the throw skill to work for me.

Are you up to the task??

Mikee":1qwsljwh said:
Alright, Xephyr. 

If you have a few minutes, I've got a situation for you.  I've been using your vampire system.  Well, actually I just used the basics, changed scripts, added a bit, got rid of the alignment thing completely, and tried using some common events.

Anyway, I wanted to make a skill where you throw the enemy back two spaces, but I cannot seem to get it to work for me.  I'm beginning to think that I'm going to need a script to get it to work.  However; I'm thinking of uploading the project to megaupload or something and then sending you the link.  You can look over it, test it, critique it a bit, and then see if you can get the throw skill to work for me.

Are you up to the task??

I don't get what you need, because it seems like you've done it just fine o.O

Yeah, the system works perfect.  Just this morning I added a day/night system that incorporates hours and dates. 

What I was requesting was a "throw" skill.  That knocks the enemy back two to three spaces and stuns them.  I just can't figure out how to get it to work with my abs and current system.  So I sent you my project so far IF you wanted to try and help me out.
Does that make more sense? lol

Mikee":2m8t4oab said:
Yeah, the system works perfect.  Just this morning I added a day/night system that incorporates hours and dates. 

What I was requesting was a "throw" skill.  That knocks the enemy back two to three spaces and stuns them.  I just can't figure out how to get it to work with my abs and current system.  So I sent you my project so far IF you wanted to try and help me out.
Does that make more sense? lol

Lol I know I saw the throw testing map and whatnot and it seemed like it worked just fine to me.  What about the throw system doesn't work?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.