Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Xephyr's Event Systems (Requests Open!)

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... domsig.png[/img]

^Me messing around in PDN for 10 minutes^

Well, basically, I'm an eventer.  I've been told I'm very good at it, but it's just eventing, in my opinion, it's just knowing how the program works, it's not all that special.

Some people can't figure it out very easily though, and that's where I come in.

On request, I'll make you any event system you want for free (depending on the size of the system).

If you want some examples, they are in my sig, but I'll post them here in a spoiler too if you want to look.

Guitar Hero System NEWEST* ; 9/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... tled-1.jpg[/img]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic ABS Structure  Old ; 5/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
none
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side-View Turn-based Duel System New-ish ; 7/10 Difficulty
Screenshot:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... reen-1.jpg[/img]

Also, I have both XP and VX, so you can request a specific system if you want.

Staff - it would be cool if you could sticky this.  I doubt you guys will do that...but that would be cool ^_^

Very large requests (Ex: Card game, large battle systems like Quintessence, complete game systems like Guitar Hero) will require some sort of payment, whether it be money (5 dollars tops), or some sort of resource pay-back for me.

Current Requests:
1 - someperson - Football Game ;; 2% Done
2 - Open
3 - Open
4 - Open
5 - Open

1. Mikee's Vampire System
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ttk1jwoz14o

2. Mikee's Vampire System Alignment Add-on
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjtj5zmwm2t

Chalupa":1yl8vnsl said:
Well, It would be cool if you used pictuers to make a target, and throw snowballs at targets.  The more targets you hit, the more points you get.

Or you could just get a mouse script and work from there.  I'll try it though.  No guarantees. 

why must you request such obscure event systems?  I could do this, but it wouldn't be all that good.  Again, this would be so much better with a script.  See: Master of the Wind.  Their shooting games use a public script (I think), so why not try to see how they did it =P
If you still want me to do this, I'll get to work.

Xephyr":cfaz0vo3 said:
why must you request such obscure event systems?  I could do this, but it wouldn't be all that good.  Again, this would be so much better with a script.  See: Master of the Wind.  Their shooting games use a public script (I think), so why not try to see how they did it =P
If you still want me to do this, I'll get to work.
If you don't mind.  If it seems a problem for you, then it's fine.

Don't worry about it, Xephyr.  Thanks for taking a look at it.  The throw thing was just a demonstration for what the SKILL should look like.  But I can see that you don't get what I'm getting at so I'll just figure it out on my own.  Thanks anyway.

Alright, Chalupa, the shooting system is basically done.  It was easier than I thought, but still not easy.

The set-up is weird.  Test play your game then line up the crosshairs as best you can with the event you want as a target, then press F9 and check out your crosshair x and y variables, and right them down.  Set that events x and y variable coordinates to those coordinates.  I had to do this because there was no easy or logical formula to figuring out how to make the coordinates the same without just doing this.

You can request add-ons to the system if you want, like reloading and ammo and stuff.  Something that will take a lot of time: moving targets @.@

Oh yeah, arrow keys move your crosshair and space/enter/c will shoot.  enjoy =/

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ocyu1zzmuyy

Xephyr":29iio9r2 said:
Alright, Chalupa, the shooting system is basically done.  It was easier than I thought, but still not easy.

The set-up is weird.  Test play your game then line up the crosshairs as best you can with the event you want as a target, then press F9 and check out your crosshair x and y variables, and right them down.  Set that events x and y variable coordinates to those coordinates.  I had to do this because there was no easy or logical formula to figuring out how to make the coordinates the same without just doing this.

You can request add-ons to the system if you want, like reloading and ammo and stuff.  Something that will take a lot of time: moving targets @.@

Here's the link:

SHITTT Toatally forgot to say it had to be VX  :cry:

Chalupa":2kbolrrp said:
Xephyr":2kbolrrp said:

Here's the link:

.........-_-'

well...I'll uh.....get to work.....(damn it)

Xephyr":1aoga4g8 said:
Chalupa":1aoga4g8 said:
Xephyr":1aoga4g8 said:

Here's the link:

.........-_-'

well...I'll uh.....get to work.....(damn it)

Uggh, I'm so sorry!!  You can kill me if you'd like ;;

Uggh, I'm so sorry!!  You can kill me if you'd like ;;

That wouldn't accomplish anything.  I'll have it done tomorrow probably.  It's different now, cause VX has different sized tiles and it's a bit tougher to figure out.  I'll need to shrink my crosshair pic. 

someperson":1upa2ldh said:
Is a possible DDR minigame in XP possible with events or will I need to use scripts? I can't script so that's why I'm asking. It's ok if it's not possible or if it is to much trouble.
It can be done in the same way his guitar hero minigame was made.

xephyr, can I just say that a racing minigame if it is an obstical dodge racing from one side of the map to the other against a CPU it is rather simple to do, just use one variable to constantly record the Y poitions (Or X if you're going from left to right or w/e) and then if CPU is at a point finish line: fail, if player is at point finish like: win. With my one I implemented multiplayer, betting and then obsticals and a boost that lasts three times, ofcourse the CPU was set to paths defined with random variables, but it was most certainly racing.

@ someperson:

take my guitar hero system, reposition everything to the left, change the graphics.

@ Xilef:

good idea.  Never thought of doing it like that.

@ Mikee:

Never played Oblivion.  What's its lockpicking system like?

Well, actually... I think I'm going to give this one a shot.  I'm pretty sure I can handle it. 

What I have so far:  (Stop me if it's not going to work, or if I need to change something.)
I've got a picture of a door with a key hole, doorknob, and two deadbolts that I made look like you could only see with x-ray vision.  Then I have two more of the same pictures that shows (1) with only one of the deadbolts out (2) no deadbolts out.

Then I 've got a lockpick graphic and two arrow graphics.  I figured I'd just set it up to show the lockpick in a central position in the keyhole, then show an arrow telling the player to move up or down.  If it moves the right way, then one of the deadbolts will release, then another arrow will show up, releasing the other deadbolt

(I'm thinking of using variables, so you have to get so many correct movements before one of the deadbolts releases.  And if you fail, you lose a lockpick and have to start over. )

Sound good?  Or should I let you, the professional handle it?

EDIT:  I got it to work.  I think... For some reason, the pictures won't change like they should, but I'm working out the kinks.  I'll post it so you can see how I did it once it's completely finished.

Mikee":2r3aum8s said:
Well, actually... I think I'm going to give this one a shot.  I'm pretty sure I can handle it. 

What I have so far:  (Stop me if it's not going to work, or if I need to change something.)
I've got a picture of a door with a key hole, doorknob, and two deadbolts that I made look like you could only see with x-ray vision.  Then I have two more of the same pictures that shows (1) with only one of the deadbolts out (2) no deadbolts out.

Then I 've got a lockpick graphic and two arrow graphics.  I figured I'd just set it up to show the lockpick in a central position in the keyhole, then show an arrow telling the player to move up or down.  If it moves the right way, then one of the deadbolts will release, then another arrow will show up, releasing the other deadbolt

(I'm thinking of using variables, so you have to get so many correct movements before one of the deadbolts releases.  And if you fail, you lose a lockpick and have to start over. )

Sound good?  Or should I let you, the professional handle it?

EDIT:  I got it to work.  I think... For some reason, the pictures won't change like they should, but I'm working out the kinks.  I'll post it so you can see how I did it once it's completely finished.

Well, your method would work.  I can think of some methods that would work better and less likely to screw up.  Lemme know when your finished so I can check it out.

Just keep at it and it'll come together eventually, young apprentice (although your probably older than me >>)

Mikee":1f4nkdpb said:
Ha ha.  Well, I can't get the variables that unlock the door to add up... garr.  Okay, I'll send you the link so you can see it.  Maybe you can give me some more pointers.  I think it looks really good though. lol.

And I really appreciate your help.  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S286P0RT

Oh, how I despise megaupload.

Anyway, impressions:

First mistake:
on the lockpicking map, on the event on the top right corner, (event 6), you placed the "up" conditional branch within the "down" conditional branch.  Make them separate conditional branches.

Second mistake:
on the event in the top left conditioning the success variables, you did the same thing.  Separate conditional branches; this caused errors, im sure.

There are things that can go wrong when you do things like that.  It's hard to explain, because I do it too, but when handling variables and having separate things that happen within the variable conditional branches, it just screws up =P

Okay, with that fixed, it should work, buuuuut, now I see what the weird thing is.

What's up with the events in the white spaces?  I don't understand at all.  If something you did even baffles me, you did something wrong, lol.  Player moving down?  There's no player on the map its a lockpicking game =P

Ha ha.  Alright.  Well the player is what activates the events.  So... underneath of those picture, your little guy is running around activating the lockpicks.  No?  When your guy walks over the top event, it changes the picture and moves him back down to the middle.  (moving the lock pick picture back to the middle as well.)  Then when you move down, it does the same thing.  It's just so you end up back in the middle.  Because with my scripts, the "When A button is pressed" events won't work.  So I had to use those instead?  Won't they work? 

Everything works perfectly EXCEPT for the switches being triggered.  When the arrows show up, they're supposed to trigger a switch that allows the player to add a variable so when they have two of those variables, the minigame ends and your transferred into the room.

EDIT:  Okay, this is what I don't get.  I fixed the conditional branches.  You were totally right.  They made the arrows move more randomly now.  But for some reason, the arrow graphics move, which means that the switches MUST be turning on and off like they're supposed to.  But when you walk over the event, the switch won't trigger the right event, so you can't unlock the door.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.