Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

SBABS Add-On - NeoABS

Hello. I've been using this SBABS for a few days now. It's awesome! Everything is great! Kudos to scripters, because some of us can't make this stuff up. Now, the ABS works great with 1 guy in my party. When I add more, however, all allies stop moving (once we're near a monster) and don't attack, though they change direction and can be attacked. Not even changing tactics with the T key makes them budge, and no respawn, either.

Also, how can I temporarily deactivate (then reactivate later through events) the use of keys like R to prevent crashes, etc.? Or can I not?

Keep up the good work, Mr. Mo. I hope you're not drowning in compliments and errors...

EDIT: Rather than just deactivating keys, can I disable all ABS, etc. scripts so, when I event it (I'm trying to make it like Star Ocean: TtEoT), it's like normal RPG Maker, but I enter battle with ABS? Should work either way... thank you very much.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention, frozen allies still can be pushed around by my main character. Oh, and another question, is it possible to make a monster take actor data instead of enemy data? Can I equip weapons to enemies? Can I change attack mash time from a monster (or is that just Frequency in comments)? Again, thanks and sorry.

EDIT3: I'm not using SBABS anymore, but problems/solutions/suggestions/etc. are still legitimate. Also, I think I know why my characters were immobile in combat--I input their class i.d.'s (all 20 of them, mixed around) into the script wrong. I went something like this:

something_something.cqc_ids = (1,2,3,4,5,6,9,11,12,13)

...only those weren't the exact numbers and such. I think that, maybe, if I rearranged the class i.d.'s to go more like

something_something.cqc_ids = (1-13)

...and obviously fix up the order in the database, it might've worked.

But, that's not my problem anymore...

Hey,

I'm looking for an ABS for years now. But then there was this script. It's so totally awesome!
But I had one question. The script says that you can set your own hotkeys for skills in the game, with de code given in the FAQ. But what FAQ and what code?

Thanks in advance,
Matthewmaster

@Matthewmaster--Okay, go to the NeoABS Settings page in the script. There, you should find a whole bunch of stuff pertaining to weapons, items, magic, etc.. You can switch up buttons there by following examples and instructions found right by them. That should work...and if not, look for something like this (ctrl-F search in script): ('Q'), ('W'), ('E')
(Note that that may not be exactly it)

It's a little bump, but more. I'm still using it, and it's still great and all, but the script doesn't display the charactersets when I hit S or when I'm hit. What could that be? (btw: My character's named Devo, and in the folder are charsets named: Devo_hit, Devo_cast, Devo and Devo_melee. Still, nothing happening.

Matthewmaster_02

Umm, last I remember Mr. Mo was still working on the animation system of NeoABS, and in turn this add-on
isn't 100% complete either.

His activity on this site dropped about a few months ago. I wonder if he'll ever complete this or have the time to do so.

revee

yeah, the animation seems crash.... btw just wait, his TBS still 90%
until 100% i think he would update this.... yay!!

Mo's not going to update this. He disappeared a while ago...

I've managed to catch him on MSN a while ago. But he like logged off really fast. :/

All hope is lost on this one.

Unless you can manage to get in touch with him...

I'm surprised he hasn't come out with anything for VX...

@Matt: You have to cut animations on.

Go into the script and where it says

'NeoABS settings' its on line 15 on that part of the script. Set it to 'true' instead of 'false' and your animations should play. accordingly.

And yes you can set Hot-Keys in game. Its also under NeoABS settings on line 25-33

Those are your hot-keys.

revee

makasu, i know that if its true , the animation will run... but, if you get attacked by enemy, it'll crash... attack animation become defend animation and so on....

Matthewmaster_02":2p2opa6m said:
My god, thank you so much. Now I can proceed with my game!  :grin:

No problem.

revee":2p2opa6m said:
makasu, i know that if its true , the animation will run... but, if you get attacked by enemy, it'll crash... attack animation become defend animation and so on....

Is there a possibility that you can upload a demo for me to see what you're talking about because I'm horribly confused.

What error does it give [[if any?]]

That ways I can further asses the situation.
PM me or post it here but I don't know if thats allowed by the forum rules y'know?

Now are we talking about for the hero or for the enemies?

Because for the enemies it seems to be pretty normal.
In fact there isn't and enemy sprite that has the '_def' tag or whatever it is in it.

And your demo made me smile. :]

That little green guy.

Its pretty funny.

EDIT:
OH I see what you're saying now. I'll look into it and mod this post with the problem.

EDIT 2:

While upon further investigating its a glitch. I've also noticed that you can guard even if you don't have the shield equipped! Now I suck ass a scripting but I'll either try to get in contact with Mo, or you might want to open up a RGSS support topic. Thats the only thing I can advise to you. Because I even tried it in my UCSBABS version and the same thing occurs.

And a reason for this is because I don't think "_defend" has been defined in the player process part of the script. :/ Because if you look all the others ones for _melee, _cast and whatever all say something along the lines of,

"if Melee_Custom[actor.weapon_id] != nil && Melee_Custom[actor.weapon_id][2].nil?
        animate($game_player, "_melee") if Player_Animation
      elsif Melee_Custom[actor.weapon_id] != nil
        m = Melee_Custom[actor.weapon_id]
        animate($game_player, m[2].to_s,m[3]) if Player_Animation
      end"

But the defense doesn't.

I may be entirely wrong though because like I said my scripting level doesn't even exist.

EDIT 3:

In fact thats it. Because I just messed around with it and sorta fixed it. It'll display properly but then it displays the attack animation and then the defense animation. I'll play around with it some but you should also open up a help topic just to be sure. The only problem is I don't know what the "shields" or whats the word the constant for them! are defined as in RMXP. or this ABS. Because its not shield, armor, or defend...

But thats your problem for the most part...

EDIT 4:
This is what you need.

"if Melee_Custom[actor.armor1_id] != nil && Melee_Custom[actor.armor1_id][2].nil?
        animate($game_player, "_defend") if Player_Animation
      elsif Melee_Custom[actor.armor1_id] != nil
        m = Melee_Custom[actor.armor1_id]
        animate($game_player, m[2].to_s,m[3]) if Player_Animation
        else
      actor.guarding = false"

It needs to be added under the "Player Process" part of the ABS at line 120 but the only problem is the Melee's that you see need to be defined by whatever the shields are under. I've tried every known word to man for blocking but nothing seems to work. So figure that out and you'll be alright. Again I have no scripting skills and I pretty much stumbled my ways around this. Hahaha.

Words I've tried:
-Defend
-Guard
-Block
-Melee
-Shields
-Armors
-Armor

and thats all I can think of.

So g'luck and if you get any further then let us know m'kay?  :thumb:

revee

okay... you can see the script to allow defend key or not... and, even the defend disallowed, the animation still crash, so... maybe the defend key's not the problem..., you can edit the defend to false, then attack after that cast, and do it again continiously, and the animation will crash!

zchin

Sponsor

This is REALLY GOOD correction it is made well but it doesn't have the wall scrity thingy well can you edit it or give me a script that will make the enemy's and allies not try to run through walls plz

Eh, I can't seem to find something. In the script it says that the creator (me) can forcefully set hotkeys to a character. It says the code would be found in the faq, but it isn't. Just wondering if anyone knew the code that should be used.

Sorry to necropost, but I was looking for this add-on and the link is outdated so I couldn't download. Could someone post a new link to it, preferable by Mr.Mo, but I'll accept the link posted by anyone else, seeing how Mr.Mo hasn't been active for a few months now.

Icedmetal57":1y31d5zd said:
Sorry to necropost, but I was looking for this add-on and the link is outdated so I couldn't download. Could someone post a new link to it, preferable by Mr.Mo, but I'll accept the link posted by anyone else, seeing how Mr.Mo hasn't been active for a few months now.
Wait, do you mean, like, you want a copy of the SBABS demo thing? I have it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.