Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

SBABS Add-On - NeoABS

BUGS
-After pressing R 2 many time's i got a stack level to deep error.
-When i left my partners somewhere then hit T the teleported to me. (is it suppost 2 do that.)

A quick question about the whole "different animation with each hit" feature you mentioned - How exactly does that work? I didn't see it in the demo, and didn't find any reference to it when looking in the skills/weapon settings.

RPG~NOOB!!!":asuuvqz8 said:
BUGS
-After pressing R 2 many time's i got a stack level to deep error.
-When i left my partners somewhere then hit T the teleported to me. (is it suppost 2 do that.)

ok and yes

Clayfang":asuuvqz8 said:
A quick question about the whole "different animation with each hit" feature you mentioned - How exactly does that work? I didn't see it in the demo, and didn't find any reference to it when looking in the skills/weapon settings.

I didn't mention it much cause its buggy at this time. I'm waiting on people to finish the resources i need in order to finish it.

O_O

SBABS - NeoABS. Wow...

I'm downloading right now, I'll tell you how awesome it is once I'm done downloading.  :)

EDIT: Ok... it's perfect, no errors so far. But what's with all the lag? Is there anyway to reduce it?

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I did have one suggestion if you'd be interested - The way the "defend" system works, the player can just hold onto defend indefinitely, and even attack while holding it. Could there be a way to make the player unable to attack while defending, and/or make it so the defend only lasts for a second or two, kind of like a timed parry/block? Keep up the great work, man

ChaosMaxima":rtxnm9ly said:
O_O

SBABS - NeoABS. Wow...

I'm downloading right now, I'll tell you how awesome it is once I'm done downloading.  :)

EDIT: Ok... it's perfect, no errors so far. But what's with all the lag? Is there anyway to reduce it?
Not really.

Jensen":rtxnm9ly said:
Mr.Mo":rtxnm9ly said:
Hmm..what other scripts do u have in game?

Besides your scripts from the SBABS-demo, the only cystom scripts I use is Prexcraft and the UMS...

I think either UMS or Prexcraft is incompatible with my script. I can't remember which one though.

Seda":rtxnm9ly said:
Does that HP glitch happen to anyone else or is it just me?

What HP glitch?

Clayfang":rtxnm9ly said:
Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I did have one suggestion if you'd be interested - The way the "defend" system works, the player can just hold onto defend indefinitely, and even attack while holding it. Could there be a way to make the player unable to attack while defending, and/or make it so the defend only lasts for a second or two, kind of like a timed parry/block? Keep up the great work, man

Hmm, didn't know you could attack while defending XD. I'll look into it later.

Seda

There is a HP glitch in the scripts. What happens is if you are playing as one of the characters, and their HP hits 0. they are still able to roam around and attack, while the monsters ignore them.

Seda":o38rtrds said:
There is a HP glitch in the scripts. What happens is if you are playing as one of the characters, and their HP hits 0. they are still able to roam around and attack, while the monsters ignore them.

You sure its 0 or 1?

I don´t know what I did, but it works now... But I think something´s up with Common Events. If I have a Common Event (parallel process) running, the SBABS stops working properly. I can hit enemies, but they won´t take any damage. When I erased my Common Events, I could battle normally again...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: This error pops up pretty often when you´re fighting (I think it happens more often with enemies with a Trigger switch that leads to an event page witch erases the event via autorun):

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6573/errorcj4.th.png[/img]

It´s line 751 in Class Additions

@collapse_character.character_name = @collapse_character.page.graphic.character_name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2: The Kick Back effect randomly don´t work. Or maybe it´s not that random... It seems the Kick Back doesn´t work against enemies with two or more personalities (for exampel both "able to attack" and "run when dying").

Keep it up, Mo! This is one of the greatest scripts here...

Seda

Yeah im pretty sure its 0 because i went and looked in the menu where the characters stats are displayed and it said the person's hp was 0.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Problem: The demo works fine, but whenever I add the scripts to my game, or even copy the entire Data folder of the demo into my own, I try to testplay, and I get an error report with the Game.exe, any reasons or solutions ?

Mr.Mo, I edited my first post with an error that occurs when your party leader dies. I'm not sure if this is just an error I get or if you have tested it. If it's something I'm doing wrong tell me when you get the chance please, lol.

Some of the errors seem urgent but I won't be able to fix them until the weekend. Sorry guys but I'm really interested in my new script at the moment.

Seda":3363j0n8 said:
Not trying to sound like I'm trying to rush you, but have the scripts been updated yet...? Just curious.
He probably won't have the time to update this script until the percentage in his sig says 100 :/
Tactical Battle System Feedback - 80% Done <--- You should wait until he's finished with this before you ask for updates.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.