Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

SBABS Add-On - NeoABS

This is another error I get when fighting an enemy with a ranged attack, and with one additional party member:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2312/errordu9.th.png[/img]

It´s this line:

get_range(attacker.event,a.event) - get_range(attacker.event,b.event)}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

This happen when my ally tries to inflict a State on himself via a skill (at least that´s what I think is causing it):

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5654/error02bp3.th.png[/img]

This is the line (Class Addition):

if ((skill.scope == 3 || skill.scope == 4) && self.hp == 0) or

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for being a pain in the ass. I like this script. Hope you
don´t give up on it.

Full bug report.
If a character's health reaches 0, he still walks and strikes.
If the main character dies, game crashes.
If the character the player controls is walking left and then begins wlking right, the other character will walk to the right in front of the player and displaying the walking down pose.
If a non-controlled character is over an event tile and the player switches to that character, the event won't be triggered.
If a non-controlled character senses an enemy on the other side of the wall, he will keep on going for that enemy unless another enemy appears closer afterwards.
If the player shoots arrows, they will go through walls.
If the player changes direction, the other characters will take too much time to correctly reagrupe, walking in wrong stances for some time (when turning righrt from left they will remain incorrectly positioned).

Besides this, I don't know how to go through the second metal door, since I can't trigger anything to open the door for me. Hope someone gives me a hint. That's all.

Some of these errors are a pain..I knew I shouldn't have done the SBABS XD. I'll see what I can do, sooner or later I'll post an update.  I wanna work on my game a bit is all. Sorry guys.

And Jensen, why are you using an auto-event to erase???? Thats the main reason for that error I think. I'll add safety so u can do it but ABS has it's own erase feature :-/, or you can just make a selfswitch and the event will be erased when going to the empty page. If the error is not because of this..The safety will prevent it.

Souloux":1yn5r3x7 said:
How would i call the HUD in this ABS to show up?

$scene.hud_hide = TURN OFF, $scene.hud_show = TURN ON

Mr.Mo":1yn5r3x7 said:
Some of these errors are a pain..I knew I shouldn't have done the SBABS XD. I'll see what I can do, sooner or later I'll post an update.  I wanna work on my game a bit is all. Sorry guys.

And Jensen, why are you using an auto-event to erase???? Thats the main reason for that error I think. I'll add safety so u can do it but ABS has it's own erase feature :-/, or you can just make a selfswitch and the event will be erased when going to the empty page. If the error is not because of this..The safety will prevent it.

Ah, come on, Mo... These errors can´t possibly be hard to fix fo a great scripter like your self! Just go get them, tiger...

Hehe, about the self switch - autorun - erase... I don´t know why I do that. I know I can self switch to an empty event page, instead of erasing the event. But I´ve always done that. In some weird way I believe that erasing the event helps the game run smoother, beacause it has one less event to calculate for....

Souloux":1597wcdz said:
Jensen":1597wcdz said:
$scene.hud_hide = TURN OFF, $scene.hud_show = TURN ON

yeah... that didn't help at all...

Call the script from an event:

$scene.hud_show

in order to show the HUD

Jensen":1597wcdz said:
Ah, come on, Mo... These errors can´t possibly be hard to fix fo a great scripter like your self! Just go get them, tiger...

Hehe, about the self switch - autorun - erase... I don´t know why I do that. I know I can self switch to an empty event page, instead of erasing the event. But I´ve always done that. In some weird way I believe that erasing the event helps the game run smoother, beacause it has one less event to calculate for....

It makes no difference ;)

Its not really the errors but the AI. If I try and make it better, the game starts lagging.. I have to think of better ways to certain things, thats for sure... :dead:

Seda

Hmm, I have an idea, maybe you can include something that will make it so the user can customize critical attacks to have a different animation then normal attacks, depending on the weapon, kind of like Golden Sun. For those that don't know, a critical hits animation depended on the weapon, like, a weapon will shoot fire out of it, or summon the reaper to kill the monster.

You know how when you press r it rotates, and t it waits, would there be any way to script it so if you press, for example 'k' say, the team shows and hides? I know the scipt to call it in an event is included, but when i try to do it via events and variables etc, it doesn't always work right... so is there a way to put it into the script itself?

EDIT: And a Bug!! If you have the party not showing, and press the 'r' button, an error comes up...:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/r ... /Error.jpg[/img]
This happens when you press 'r' and a) You have only one preson in your party, or b) you have used this scirpt:
Code:
$game_map.hide_actors

I'm getting a save error, reading :
------------------------------------
Script 'Window_SaveFile' line 30: ArgumentError occurred.

undefined class/module Game_Controls
------------------------------------

This is awesome! I there a way instead of have a caterpillar have it where if you have two party members one stands on each side one tile behind you. Also if you have more than a couple of party members do like the old SBABS and have them kind of bunch. I don't mean to sound like a noob. I was just wondering. Thanks.

well I get the scope error deal whenever any party members start casting spells or dies... actually when they die it didnt come up until i siwtched maps while they where dead... so basicly due to the error i had to remove the party... thus it not being a sbabs... this is bad becuase this is the ONLY battle system that works with a visual equipment script... thanks for making it mr mo but id really appreciate it if you could fix this scope error even if it makes the game laggy i dont mind...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.