Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Random Battle - dead at last

"Alright, that's it. Squads 1 through six move in. Seven through ten standby. If they resist don't hesitate to kill them." Jackson ordered. Karn nodded.

"Yes, sir." The red haired swordsman agreed and called the order aloud. Exactly thirty archers moved out of the snow and into position, arrow notched and ready.

"All three of you are under arrest by the authority of Lieutenant Jackson Howell. If you resist you will be killed. The charges are as follows: Withholding information, lying to a ranking officer, and a suspected assassination attempt on General Aaron. You have the right to choose your judge from any officer ranked major or above. Withholding information will result in your death."

Seijin

Seijin stared around him at all thirty archers aiming their arrows straight at Nin, Zen and himself. They were all in a circular formation surrounding them and blocking any escape. Seijin looked toward Nin and wondered what he should do at the moment, whether or not he should kill them all and get it over with or not. Seijin then remembered that he said there were three more squads on standby, and he imagined that there might be reinforcements on the way. He also knew now that Heru was sealed and dead he could not be able to use his shadow demon knowledge and spells.

Under his breath he muttered over and over again. "What to do...What to do...What can I possibly do?"
He sighed and lifted up Joukai pointing it directly to the heavens. The falling snow started to form around the kodachi and shape into a funnel that kept increasing in size until it stopped at 12 feet. It just floated there attached and motionless.

"Sing the time Joukai..." The funnel lifted into the air and turned into a cloud that kept spinning and spreading out until it separated into thirty smaller snow clouds. Each cloud kept moving until they found their individual targets, the thirty archers. "...Death to all heat and energy. Become the lifeless statues you were meant to become. Absolute Zero."  Seijn's blue eyes flashed just as a brilliant white light shot out of Joukai into the air. Moments later thirty of the white lights shot down from the sky like lightning, crashing down into the clouds. Immediately the clouds reacted and crashed down like an avalanche surrounding all thirty archers, the snow floated up blocking view of the archers. The moment the snow settled back down, the archers stood there lifeless, cold and unmoving.

"Don't worry Jackson, they're still alive, they're just frozen in time and space. I'll let them go, the moment you tell me what is going on around here. We are not withholding information, nor are we lying to you. I am about 87 years old, we Necromongers age at a very slow rate. We have not attempted to assassinate this General you speak of called Aaron."

"Now..." Seijin dropped Joukai back down once again and pointed it at Jackson. "....Tell me what is going on here. Where the hell is here exactly. Who the hell are you people. And for the love of God, Why do you believe us to be your enemies. One last thing to add before you decide something, we have been honest about the only question you have asked us, which if you have forgotten has been the "How old are you" question... Oh! And a warning, don't try anything else or I'll kill you." Joukai began to absorb more falling snow around it and a funnel was beginning to reform. 

Jackson's eyes never left Seijin for the entire display of force, but Karn's did, scanning the statues of his allies.

"Oh well." He sighed. "Go for it, Jackson."

The arrow flew straight at Seijin's midesction. The necromancer tried to jump over it, but ending up having the projectile impaled through his leg. from a good distance away a volley of arrows began to spray into the group - an attack from the four squads told to stay back.

"I warned you. I warned you not to lie to us about your ages, and I warned you not to resist." Jackson stated simply as he pulled back a final arrow.

Seijin

Seijin stared in disbelief at Jackson, he couldn't believe he actually fired at him. Seijin began to burn with hatred on the inside, it was consuming him and strengthening him. The arrow in his leg sending sharp jolts of pain throughout his body, but he simply ignored it. It was nothing compared to what was dealt to him before by Teal and Mithos. It was nothing more than an irritating annoyance, just like the men standing before him.

"We have no choice Joukai... Sing the symphony..." Joukai began to vibrate and resonate a beautiful musical tune that spread out through the area and hit each of the frozen archers.
In a flat and merciless tone, Seijin said. "Do my bidding you broken time statues. Wipe out your formal allies." The archers turned around and aimed at the four squads in the back, and let a volley of arrows rip through the air.

Seijin then silenced Joukai, put Heru back into its sheath and then lifted up his right hand in the direction of Jackson his palm open and aimed at his face. "If you will not kindly believe us and answer us, then I at least will fight back."

A ball of white energy formed in Seijin's right palm.
"Holy nova bomb." 
The energy ball shot forth and intensified as more time and distance passed. It was the size of a giant boulder as it came close to Jackson and Karn.

Zen was running for his life, The arrows flew by his ear creating the most annoying noise. One did manage to get him the the back, It only caused a cut due to his thin armor that lay below his swordsman robe. Jump, Dash, Dodge is what the did most of the time, He thought to himself "Damn! I need a sword, these fucking snow people are retarded". the Teen noticed the red haired swords man and sprinted towards him, The sword that was sheathed was a nice steel blade. Vaulting in the air zen drop kicked the man. While him and the other swordsman fell he managed to grab his blade and jumped right up and said "What now freak".

Bubby Mc BuggyBear finally stood up in response to the voice of others. His armor was near frozen, yet he felt nothing. He turned towards Ashe and gave her a fierce glare.

Standing tall and profound, Bubby Mc BuggyBear responded. "Fool! I am the almightly, all-powerful Bubby Mc BuggyBear. I am the most powerful creation in the lands, destined to rule over the weak, and punish them for being just that! Soon I shall rule all these lands, and slaughter the populace for my self-enjoyment, anyone who stands in my way shall have their heads roll!" Bubby then laughed in one of the loudest, most menacing way ever heard, loud enough to almost cause an avalanche around the nearby mountains.

Bubby suddenly lost focus of the two, and turned to General Feng. Filled with rage and in the mood to start violence, Bubby approached the general head-to-head. A red, evil eye staring at him. "You had a lot of gull to look at your future ruler like that. I'll make sure your blood baths me when I'm through with you!" He held his axe tightly and was about to raise it to strike.

ALLIANCE GROUP

Jackson stepped back, wary of the incoming spell. He need not have worried, however, as the white ball was pulled into a portal in space created mere seconds before collision.

"Mark!" Jackson called, recognizing the defensive spell. A magician entered the scene, a green cape wrapped around his heavy black robes.

"Reinforcements are here, Jackson. My men have already dispatched of the traitorous archers. There were no casualties. all around the trio magicians stood, spells at the ready in their arms. Archer stood outside them, bows pointed at Seijin mainly. The archers that had been under the necromancer's control were dead, burn wounds over their body.

"Now, where were we?" Jackson asked. "Oh yes, you are under arrest. This time, I am taking you to Aaron alive. You have forfeited your rights, and I will suggest that you are executed without a trial. Karn, are you quite down with that swordsman?"

The Major squared off against his foe, a spare dagger drawn to combat Zenrdy. He pulled it back and tossed with expert aim, digging his weapon into the boy's arm and reaching out to pluck his sword back quickly.

"I got him, Sir. Ready to return to HQ?"

Mark nodded his head. "I will esort you. My men will keep the prisoners held down until they are in Aaron's custody."

"Thank you, Lieutenant Mark. Lead the way."

OTHER GROUP

"What the hell... Shoot them both, Ashe."

The girl cocked the gun and fired, amazed as her bullet barely dented Bubby. "What matreial is that?" she marveled. "Nothing stands against one of these things!"

Zen looked at the wound that the major inflicted with his dagger "What the hell you jack ass! I just got that healed". Zenrdy still though attempted to attack his foe, He leaped froward and cut his enemy around his shoulders. The cut was not deep but, gave zenrdy enough time to dash up to the hill that the archers were at. Sliding to one of the archers body's he stole a smoke grenade from one and pulled at the pin holding the smoke inside. Still holding the smoke grenade, he ran towards the major once more and threw it at the man named mark. It bopped him in the head, Once the grenade hit the ground plenty of smoke began to cover Zenrdy and his allies. With the strength he had left he grabbed seijin and the near invisible ninja, He lead them towards the hill adjacent to the one with the archers in.

Seijin

Seijin laughed and laughed and couldn't stop laughing. He just found the situation they were in hilarious, surrounded by enemies weaker than them and yet he couldn't do anything since he did not want to kill anyone. All he wanted were answers, answers that were already lost from their main lead. They were now surrounded by mage reinforcements who had their spells at the ready, not to mention the unharmed archers from the remaining squads. It was a shame though he thought, they killed their own allies who were under my control. Just goes to show that they are cruel and to the point. Seijin lifted up Joukai and pointed it up toward the heavens with an evil smirk on his face. He was planning on freezing them all and extracting the information.

"Joukai...Sing the melody of...." Seijin was cut off just as Zen threw a smoke grenade at the leader of the mage reinforcements and grabbed him forcefully leading him to a hill along with Nin. Seijin was annoyed to the point he might actually just consider killing them all. They reached the hill which was above the reach of the archers, and Seijin regretfully had to give credit to Zen for bringing them out of the archer's harmful reach.

"Zen treat your arm wound before it slows you down." Seijin said to Zen while he looked down upon the small army of the organization called the "Alliance". There were three leaders who together might cause some trouble, the soldiers were fodder separated from their leaders and could be taken out. Seijin looked around from the top of the hill looking for any sign of a village or human settlement, he saw smoke billowing to the northeast.

"We might as well head in that direction if we're going to escape these guys, hopefully people might be there and it isn't abandoned." Muttering this mostly to himself he turned once again to look down at the alliance force below them.

He smiled and aimed Joukai down at the base of the hill. "Might as well slow them down eh Joukai?... Sing the crystalline aegis!"
Seijin slashed an imaginary line across the entire base of the hill leaving only the northeastern area free and the air materialized, swelled together twisting and churning, hardening into a thick crystalline wall of defense. This will buy us time no matter how powerful the mages and that archmage may be, they will have trouble breaking through the aegis.

Seijin then turned around facing the northeastern direction, sheathed Joukai and then proceeded to push Zen and Nin in that direction. "Come on! There might be a settlement over there let's go now!" They all hurried toward the billowing smoke, Seijin was hoping that they could take refuge there and be able to disappear from the alliance and have a chance to collect information, but he knew all too well deep within the back of his mind that this might as well be a trap. With a small smile he thought to himself, if it is a trap then I might as well give them hell.   

"Heh, so you're not as dumb as I thought you were Zafe."

As Ashe's shot rang out, the General took it as his queue to make a move. So he whipped around Zafe and roundhouse kicked him, the General's heel just catching Zafe as he spun around. While Zafe went flying, the General moved as quick as possible kicking up the light snow into a large white cloud as it went around the group. The enemy soldiers prepared their guns for an order to fire after this and filed along the wall of the keep.

Without much more time, for the cloud would only last a minute, the General drop kicked Ashe and roundhouse kicked the swordsman in one swift combo. As the cloud of snow died away, the General's leg was still against Bubby's chest, but it didn't even scratch it. "Owwwwaaaa! What the heck is that thing made of?" the General thought outloud to himself as searing pain shot from his leg. Noticing he was now open, the General looked for somewhere to escape, but he knew if he made another move the soldiers would probably start firing, so he just stood there in the same position waiting for someone to make a move.

ALLIANCE GROUP

"Damn." Jackson swore. "Mark, break don the wall."
The mage frowned. "I can't. This magic has no elemental connection to my spells. I can't counter without a connection of some sort."

Karn stumbled up the hill after them, the Archer squads close behind. "Good news." he reported. "Aaron is on his way with Ceremony." A smile broke out on the entire group.

"Excellent." Mark smiled. "As soon as he gets here we pursue with heavy force. I don't know why, but they seemed uneased by the snow. We acn catch them, easily."

OTHERS

"Black Armory, stand down." Zafe laughed as he slid across the snow towards General. His feet steped lightly - so lightly they left not even a trace of a footprint. About ten feet from his foe he stopped and drew his sword, a magnificent black blade with a eerie red hilt.

"Excuse me, 'General Feng', but do you really want to fight? It is now clear to me that you have absolutely no idea what you are doing here, so choose carefully."

Seijin

At the halfway mark between the hill and the billowing smoke Seijin lost feeling in his right leg, tripped and fell down face first into the snow, which melted away into a puddle of warm water. Seijin got up and sighed knowing that he would be dying from the freezing temperatures right about now if it weren't for his hellfire aura. It was the only thing of demonic origin that was left to him after Akuma was sealed away. Seijin wondered how long it would be before the seal on Akuma would deteriorate so that he could use his most sinister and diabolical spells. Seijin stepped forward with his left leg and it suddenly collapsed and he fell forward once again, causing the snow around him to melt even more

Seijin frustrated got into a supine position and sat up to look down at his left leg. What he saw made him slap his forehead with his palm, the arrow that Jackson had shot into his leg was sticking halfway out of his middle thigh. Suddenly pain from the wound started coursing through Sejin's entire left leg making him wince. "Heh, shot in the leg with an arrow how original. Damn! That Jackson has good aim I have to give him that. Well might as well take out this arrow..." Seijin grabbed the part of the shaft of the arrow nearest the entry wound, he took in a deep breath, held it, and then started pulling out the arrow. Having pulled most of the arrow out, Seijin then with one strong tug pulled out the arrow causing blood to squirt out and then ooze out heavily.

"Tch, bastard got a main artery, crap gotta heal this and fast." Seijin put his left palm on the wound and said a line of prayer. His left hand radiated with a green aura and it began to spread out and cover the entire leg, Seijin lifted up his palm and the green aura immediately sank into the wound. It lingered there for a second or two and then disappeared with a bright flash, the wound had disappeared and the bleeding stopped.

Seijin got up and started moving his leg up and down, testing to see if it could still move. His left leg worked perfectly, he then picked up the arrow, enchanted it and slammed it into the middle of the field.

"Heh, a "little" explosive surprise for our friends if they manage to catch up to us. Come on let's go." Seijin, Zen, and Nin then resumed their fast pace toward the billowing smoke and whatever may be causing it. 

"That smoke grenade really got to me...
Good thing I've gotten a little 'rest'," Ninjitsu said to the two who had been dragging him across the tundra-turned-battlefield.

"Without rest, I'd be all but useless. I've been making too many crazy rifts lately..."

Ninjitsu stood to look back at the Aegis wall Seijin erected. It was strangely beautiful, with its lustrous gleaming aura. He looked down at his armor, and almost felt dull in comparison.

Ninjitsu shook the thought out of his head, and drew his Misericorde. He sheared the air around him in a wide circle, opening a spiral of schisms. 

8 small creatures poked their heads out of them, looked around, and popped back in.
"Don't worry little guys, its all right, just allies here," said Ninjitsu reassuringly to his minions.
No, minions was what Seijin called his zombie creatures.
These guys were cute. And ferocious.
At the same time.

Spinning the Mercygiver in his fingers, Ninjitsu took stock of his warriors.
Standing at about 4 feet tall, the letters T, E, A, and L stood at attention.
The two T's both held stilletos and Rondel daggers, and were proficient knives throwers.
E's held crossbows and had quivers with different colored trick arrows slung over their backs.
A's wielded katars on their wrists, and had the ability to stretch any part of their bodies, giving them a wide radius of attack.
The L's both held Glock pistols on small holsters.

Ninjitsu opened a small vial he held on his belt, spreading a pinkish dust over the heads of his warriors. Almost instantaneously, the snow around each one changed to match the color of the fighter.
It was a trick Ninjitsu had learned from Seijin. When your warriors are skilled and deadly, but dont last very long, here's a very simple solution. Make them replaceable. A Necromancer could enchant his minions to be reborn after falling, an Astral magician had a fix of his own.

He pulled his favorite ninjatÃ…

Zen sat their in a daze, He was the only one without any Good magic and a weapon. He jumped up and sprinted across the fields that laid at the base of the hill. He rushed through the thousands blades of grass, There were also dandelions and lily's all over. It felt like a dream to the teen, Maybe a bit to much like it. The sky began to shine a great pale blue. Only moments later a small katana like blade came gracefully floating down to the ground. As it descended slowly it seemed like forever to zen, After what felt like years of waiting it finally dropped in front of him.

It glowed a bright blue now, Zen picked up his hand hand grabbed the end of a Royal blue and Pitch black sheathe. He gently pulled the sheathe off, When it finally came off it was heavy, It almost pushed Zen backwards. The blade was different, It was light and spoke "Hello Zenrdy...what brings you to your mind". Zen dropped the blade like a  hot potato, Confused as ever he tried running away. As he began to dash towards the direction he came from, Zen felt a surge trust towards the blade. He turned around and once again picked the katana up. "No need to fear me Zenrdy, For I am the true soul of your destined sword. Bohemoth was just a replica, Zen I am your true sword". Zenrdy was confused but, he still accepted that this swords may be his only sword. "Why couldn't you be any bigger" Zen remarked. The blade floated in mid air again and spoke as her voice echoed through out the dream realm "Zenrdy, before you can wield the full power of me, I will only give you a potion of my power. For now you will only wield a quarter of my ultimate power". Zen yelled out before his newfound swords would disappear "Wait! Don't I need to know your name before I can use my God powers!". Moments before the dream realm disappeared the blade yelled "Awaken, that is the name I was given by the gods". As nijitsu was yelling "Hey Seijin. While those losers try to break down the wall, wanna nuke my boys?", Zen awoke from the slumber that gave him awaken. He stood up and stoke out his arms, He bended his fingers in a claw like posture. "Awaken, Let's see what we can cause today", A bright blue orb began to form in the palms of his hand. Large Dove feathers began to fall around Zen and his allies followed by small particles of blue sand.

The Orb began to disappear form zen's palm and so did the feathers along with the sand. But now a diffrent blade appread, It was a curved blade and a strange hilt.On its blade he engraved his maker mark, "Zenrdy, Let the blood flow my brother's,Now, we shall let the blue river erode darkness,". The hilts were crafted of wood scaled in black whale hide, hardened in resin, and bound in leather, with cast and chiseled metal fittings. Zen looked at seijin and said "Heh, I think we need to reform".

((If you need to know everything about my sword here it is.
Overall Length: 42-3/4"
Blade Length: 22-3/4"
Blade Material: 420 stainless steel, false-edged.
Handle Material:White Gold handle parts,Titanium finish,Leather-wrapped grip.
Image Link(take note that these are not the colors but, just what my swords looks like currently)
http://www.cbswords.com/images/KR0025.jpg ))

Seijin

Seijin stared at the 16 warrior-like creatures that Nin had summoned. "Heh, your little letter friends eh Nin? You haven't changed at all." Seijin pulled out Joukai and cut all 16 warriors in half with one fast strike, the moment he sheathed the kodachi the 16 warriors with a puff of smoke turned into 32.

"I think 32 is enough, besides you might want to keep them in stealth, just in case we actually do reach a neutral settlement where that smoke is coming from." Seijin looked at where his aegis shield stood, it was barely visible from where they stood. "I wonder how they're trying to break it down... Ah well, what we should worry about is getting somewhere safe, that is, if the place we're heading to is safe."

About to start walking again Seijin stopped and noticed a bunch of feathers falling from the sky. He started looking around to see what was causing the falling feathers and rested his eyes upon the blue orb forming in Zen's hand. Blue sand started materializing and mixing with the air around them, tinting everything with a blue like color almost as if the world had been sunk underwater. Moments later it all disappeared and in Zen's hand was a new strange blade.

" A new weapon eh? Congrats to you then Zen. Reform you say? Yes we should but not out here in the open. Come on, let's go. We'll form a defensive position in the smoke if worst comes to worst." Seijin then turned around and headed toward the black billowing smoke. The closer they got to the smoke the more dirtier and ashier the snow and air around them got. They were about to reach the destination they had set out to investigate. Suddenly a huge gust of wind slammed into them from the direction of the smoke, the wind itself alone was harmless, but the smoke had been swept into their direction and now they were covered in a smokescreen.

They kept on walking until they could hear inaudible voices around them, Seijin immediately pulled out Joukai and got ready. He was hoping that the people the voices belonged to were neutral villagers, but just in case... "Nin, Zen..." Seijin whispered through small coughs. The smoke was starting to get to him. "... Be on your guard, we don't know where we are, we could be in the center of the area we came to seek shelter in..." The voices got louder as they got closer, and the wind seemed to die down a little causing the smoke to disappear. "...Be ready for anything, if they seem to be civilians put away your weapons. If they are enemies... Then you know what to do..." Seijin whispered letting the words linger in the ears of his friends. He was hoping it was the former and not the latter, just as the wind started to die down even more.

ALLIANCE GROUP

"Alright, Jackson. I don't see why you want them dead so badly."

"The one mage is a threat. The others are fodder." he replied.

The voice laughed. "Man, you need to lighten up kid. I'll kill 'em for us."

Jackson, Karn, Mark, and another taller, leaner swordsman stepped forth. The had obviously smashed their way through the barrier. Numberless warriors filed in behind them, some with bows, some with swords, and some dressed in the same heavy robes Mark wore.

"Yo." the new guy said. "Which one of you is Seijin? I gotta kill you."

Seijin

The wind died completely and the smoke resumed its normal billowing upward into the sky sending down ashy snow. The people surrounding them were the enemies they left at the hill, it seemed while they were caught in the smokescreen it gave their enemy the chance to catch up and surround them.

"Heh, I knew this was a trap. Oh well, my own stubborn fault for falling into it." Seijin said dropping both arms to his side and staring at everyone around him. "Oh! I see the whole welcoming committee is here as well! All of this for us? That makes me all warm inside!" Seijin just laughed at them, he had never felt this way. This feeling of superiority, and yet he knew the generals would be a hassle but he didn't care. He didn't feel that threatened by them. Joukai began to glow more intensely now, and began to purify the ashy snow that came near it and Seijin. It began to send waves of energy into Zen, and Nin; Improving their strength and awareness.

"So you want to play with them Joukai? Ok, we'll play with them for a little while..." Seijin said to Joukai as he unsheathed it and pointed it at the new swordsman in front of him. "You're looking for me? Oh wait, You say you want to kill me? Then bring it!" The hellfire aura around Seijin began to burn more intensely and his eyes turned a darker blue. " I'll even let you have the first move." Seijin said with a taunting grin and laugh.

Zen glared at seijin, He thought of him as crazy for the times that he did act like it. Despite all that he just wanted to get out of there, His asthma might take a hold of him. It actually slipped his mind during the years that he has traveled with seijin and general. Something as important as that should have never has in the first place, Fiddling with his little pouch that hung on a strand on the side of his belt. A throwing knife and a couple of grenades could be felt, "There it is!" Shining in the light a small inhaler was pulled out. Raising to his mouth he stuck it in and pressed down on the medicine bottle that was attached on to the plastic airway thing. Feeling refreshed he sat down and rested, He wondered if the general was doing much. That man was like a father figure to him, Always getting him out of the troubles that clouded a young adult. Seijin was talking to his sword when he looked back at him, Zen was freaked out by this. He had never seen seijin talk to anyone besides Zen and the invisible guy who was standing a couple of yards away from him.

"Hmm? I get to go first?" The boy said, confused. "That doesn't make sense, 'cuz I already attacked." he indicated the new wound that cut across Seijin's stomach.

"Man, kid. You are slow. My name is General Aaron Aefairie of the Alliance, protector of all that wish for a better world. You have been granted the death penalty under my power as General. Prepare."

Turning to Jackson, he ordered. "This guy won't be a problem for me, Jack. Go kill the runner."

Unlike his ally seijin zen was a little weaker, He felt proud that he killed that shadow guy. Despite that a man was running towards him zen didn't feel like fighting. "Hey, I don't feel like it today you jackass, So go away" He yelled, Still that man didn't listen to a thing he said. "Fine have it like that! Awaken Spread your wings!" Feathers began to surround him and his enemy. Glowing in the light the feather's connected and wrapped themselves around the man who was meant to attack zen. "Don't struggle, your death will just speed up".

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.