Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Random Battle - dead at last

After listening to General Zafe's story, Feng was overcome with disgust with himself. "Why hadn't I noticed it sooner? There was a good reason they wanted to take me in...I am the oldest." The General continued to pity the young armies for a while longer, wishing he had stopped himself from fighting when he noticed their age. Finally, Feng realized what he was doing, pity is not the answer, it won't help them from their disease stricken lives. No, he must help them and try to seek Ninjitsu, knowing he may be the only one who could help rid them of such a curse.

"I see now the nature of your request, and I shall humblely accept our alliance. And since we are to be on such good tidings, I have but one favor to ask," Feng said with the aura of the greatest of leaders, careful about the things he says, "I had arrived here with only the Armored Swordsman there, but we far from allies, you must rid him from your land. He can only bring you trouble and despair." After he let Zafe think for but a moment, he started again, "But this is not my request. My request is for you to help some of my friends that I believe should have arrived in this place, though I fear they are most likely in the hands of the Alliance, I must seek their aid if I am to cure all who inhabit this Earth of your accursed disease."

Noticing the serious tone of his speech, Feng changed the subject. "Well, we wouldn't want to keep them nor Ashe waiting, she seems to be a little testy," he said with a smirk.

"For the time being, I'll second Seijin, and put a little faith in you, Mark," said Ninjitsu as he was rudely shoved into a small, dank cell.

"Well, boys," as he looked around at the bare interior, "you mind me sprucing this place up a bit?"

As Seijin shrugged, and Zenrdy was in his own little world, Ninjitsu took that as an emphatic yes.
Cracking his knuckles, he drew 2 large four poster beds in one corner, and a small shoddy one in the other.

"Seijin's magic looks cooler, sorry Zen."

Scribbling over the dingy utilities that came with the cell, he drew a large shag carpet, with the design of howling wolves on a cliff. He also adorned the walls with a shifting display of calming colors, like orange, yellow and red.

He also made sure to materialize a clock in the cell. He had no idea how long they would be in the cell, so he covered his bases. He might have already been declared insane(17 times,) he didnt want his companions losing their minds.

Actually, what the hell? He began sketching a large tv, but then realized he didnt feel like expending the energy to actually conjure up electricity and create images on a shifting screen. He wanted to be in fighting form upon his release.

He drew a small race track on his bed, and commenced racing small figurines, wondering how his soldiers were faring. Without a leader, they were sure to be in chaos. Maybe they were even killing each other!
Such optimism brought a smile to the assassin's face.

"So, Seijin. Been a long time, hasnt it? How are you? Any rushes of creativity I should know about?"

Despite the ninjas insult zen didn't care much, He slept in worse conditions before. "No thanks, I sleep better on the ground. But it doesn't beat sleeping outside under a tree and gazing at the stars." The young hero commented.

After a short sigh, the swordsman walked over to the jail gate and leaned upon it. He decided to take a deep thought about what he was doing, the original purpose of him being here was gone. Some friends and innocents died just cause of Lord Yggdrasil's actions, Many of them were harmless. The Plan was to only take him down quick and easy but, after he became the ruler of the universe it proved to be an adventure of no other. Lot's of the bad luck they had were caused by him, General was always there to bail him out during these moments. That thought reminded of how much he endangered his role model also, He didn't want to kill him. General Feng had a wife and kid to go home too but, still he fought and looked after him like his own. Seijin was another matter, He was his best friend and even acted like his brother zeon before he went insane. Zen barely knew the ninja but, if he did have anything of value to him zen didn't want to threaten it. Maybe just maybe, if he did leave it would give the team a fighting chance and maybe they would bring down the lord once and for all.

After the ninja conjured up a bit of furniture zen snapped out of his negative thinking and laid his trench coat that was stuffed inside his bottomless leather pouch that hung on the side of his belt. Out of energy, Zen spared no time and went to sleep on his trench coat immediately. If he didn't sleep he wouldn't have time to think later on.

((Talk for now. You can assume Aaron is still away, so wait until next round.))

In a large theater, 10 minutes later.
"Soldiers of Black Armory, the promised time has arrived! To recap for our guests, a few weeks ago the Alliance, led by General Aaron himself, managed to put a heavy setback in Project Cranosis, efectively ruining all progress we had made up until this point. We had to retreat to this base and hide out for a bit, but that is no longer the case. I'm proud to announce Cranosis is ready yet again!"

A collected cheer went up from the hundreds of soldiers in the seats, and Zafe raised his hands for silence. The cloth on the wall behind him dropped to reveal a large poster, promising clear skys and and fields of grass as far as the eye could see. Above the picture were the words 'Project Cranosis: A Better Future'.

"Project Cranosis - We shall summon down the lord of ice, Crano himself, and have him end this disease. Aaron opposes this project because of the heavy cost, of course, but there is no other way to end this disease. If human lives are the cost, that is what we shall pay!"

A cheer.

"Now, I have the pleasure of announcing the new head of the Research and Development Department, Aile."

A blond boy, aged about fifteen but much shorter than Zafe, who was only a year older, stepped onstage and took a bow. There was no cheer for him.

"Aile will be working closely with us on Cranosis, and he will be the primary spellcaster for the project. That is all."

Groups got up to leave the room and soon the theater was empty aside from Zafe, Aile, Ashe, General, and Bubby. "You two should get some sleep." Zafe said to Feng and Bubby. "You'll need the energy soon. Reports say Aaron is gathering resources for a final strike."

He turned to walk away, and his purple and gold treanchcoat flapped out behind him as if blown by a gust of wind. Ashe followed suit, and so did Aile.

Seijin

"Heh and here I thought you were dead my dear ol' friend! Please tell me, what have you been doing after our last merc mission ended in failure no doubt thanks to that Necromonger ambush..." Flashes of thousands of civilians dying and cities burning crossed through Seijin's mind causing hot anger to course through his body. "Damn bastards killed everyone on that planet, and who would've thought that the damn leader we were sent to kill would be a hidden Necro agent! Honestly though, the last thing I can remember from that mission was me fading out and Zetsumei taking over.... No doubt I imagine he caused most of the destruction... Anyway, after that I woke up in one of their scout ships." Seijin started to laugh a little, recovering somewhat from the anger. "Poor idiots... I killed the lot, took over the ship and landed on some planet who's name escapes me. But, after that I returned to my old mission and concentrated on training and learning new magic....."

Seijin got lost in thought and started remembering his peaceful days as a child in the Necromonger capital. He smiled remembering his father training him hour after hour in kendo and many other sword arts, while his mother would teach him some basic necro magic spells. He remembered coming of age and being trained by his grandfather, one of the strongest elders of the Necro. They soon turned  into the horrid memories of his grandfather being killed, and him being exiled and hunted down like some kind of rare beast. He remembered gaining the kodachis afterward and the pact that he made with their spirits.

He was about to get lost deeper in thought until he noticed Zen going to sleep on the floor with his trench coat as a blanket and a bed. Seijin sighed, too tired to convince Zen to sleep on the bed. He walked over to the four poster bed, took off Heru and placed it under his pillow, while taking Joukai off of his back and placing it near the bed. He then noticed that the sword had yet to return to its original kodachi form. Funny... Seijin thought to himself puzzled and curious. ...First time Joukai has ever stayed in its true form for this long. I guess its this planet and the endless snow...

Seijin then lied down on the bed staring up at the ceiling, while pointing his right index finger at it. A ball of black and white energy formed at the tip of his finger, balanced itself there and hovered for a couple of seconds. It then began to dance around his finger in a circle, spinning while doing so. After awhile a second ball formed, and then a third, and then a fourth, on and on each one doing the same thing as the first until hundreds of small ones had popped out, all dancing in unison around his entire finger like a chain of circlets. "Stellar illusion...." The balls merged together at his fingertip imploding until there was nothing but a small speck of light, it then expanded outward forming a dome to fill the entire cell. All was black, the cell's door and the walls could not be seen. Little by little small stars were forming within the darkness everywhere, and then small planets, then constellations until it was an actual small model of a galaxy that fit within the entire cell.

" You wanted to see my creativity right Nin? This is one of the few creative illusions that I've mastered. Hey, Zen... If you're still awake what do you think of it? By the way, this illusion is going to last for as long as no one enters through that door, or until you guys want me to get rid of it. Sorry about the walls and carpet Nin, but I imagined you would like this better." While talking, Seijin concentrated on keeping the illusion up and trying to relax, after awhile he got the hang of it and was able to relax in the bed, while staring at all the stars and planets. He then remembered that the stellar illusion spell had been the last spell his mother had taught him before.... Instantly he was struck with grief and pain from remembering what had happened to his mother and father. The illusion then started to fluctuate and slowly break apart, due to the awful memories and his emotions.

Seijin immediately blocked out the thoughts and concentrated on keeping the illusion from disappearing. After getting it back under control and ignoring those thoughts, Seijin then asked Ninjitsu "What happened to you after that Necro ambush?"

"I've been good, buddy. I have to admit though, the necromongers did get the jump on us. That type of deception, it was worthy of my own mind."
Secretly, Ninjitsu was embarrassed that a bunch of disorganized barbarians were able to pull a fast one on him, but it was in the past. Without actually putting effort into it, you couldn't go back in time to change things. And Ninjitsu was feeling a bit lazy at the moment, so, "Eh," was all he uttered.

He looked around at the change in decoration, and murmured "Nice," under his breath. He had to admit, again, that someone was moving up. The problem with being a jack-of-all trades was that you were proficient at everything, but not the best at anything. The necromongers had shown cunning he wasn't able to read into, Seijin was now able to create beautiful illusions, that didn't just make one laugh or grimace, but think.

Following Seijin's gaze to the swordsman lying on the ground, he made up his mind. The cruelty, no matter how innocent, was unnecessary and low behavior to a now, member of his team. He would need all the help he could get, especially against the Black Armory, whose almost endless soldiers were even a match his soldiers.

Startled at the sudden fluctuation of the illusion, Ninjitsu's eyes snapped to Seijin, seeing him distraught. He soon recovered his composure, but something was still wrong...
"You all right, Seijin? After all this time, I would assume you weren't clumsy with your illusions. Or, is that not it...?

He pulled a small stiletto from his belt, and cut a small rift in the air, through a bright blue-green planet. He wanted to keep the rift as small as possible, to not draw attention of the guards. "All right, if we're going to be here for a while, lets make it a bit comfortable. I like your stellar theme, but let me, adjust a few things."

From the rift floated small figurines, who settled in the numerous planets. Over a hundred small beings came out, and started forming colonies and cities on the planets.

"A bit better than an antfarm, eh? Choose a planet, and its citizens will obey you. Don't abuse the little guys though. A little game we can play while in here."

"And to answer your question, after the ambush, I've been exploring. I've learned to create matter itself, breaking the laws of conservation. I can also teleport now, and increased my proficiency with ranged weapons. And yeah, I've made a few friends in other planes. Apparently, Zetsumei is quite popular with the denizens of the punishment plane. All I had to do was mention your name, and I made dozens of allies, quite deadly ones at that."

"And yes, Zenrdy? Tell me if you want better accommodations."

As he started to walk to his room, the General began thinking about what he just got himself into after the Project Cranosis speech. "I wanted to help end the disease thats afflicting these people, but not at such a high price... now I will really have to get my crap in order. Tomorrow I must discuss this with Zafe, if the disease is eliminated, great, but at what cost," he said, thinking to himself as he sat on the edge of the bed. "How can he be SURE that his plan will work? Unless he's completely sure, he may be just going to risk the lives of hundreds, maybe thousands, of people who may just be ordinarilly happy with their lives? If he expects my help, it won't come easily..." And with that, he lay down on the bed, hands under his head, still cross about it.

"Whats more is: Why have I been transported here? I was just fighting, or at least I think I was..." Feng began to think as he closed his eyes. "And I figure the rest of our small group were transported to the other army... which may be trouble for me later on... So much going on, nothing makes much sense anymore, and all that I used to know is dead and gone. What's next in this, the story of my life?" he said as he fell asleep, dreams and nightmares ensuing.

"Out. Now."

The cell door slammed open and Mark stepped in with jackson by his side. The two gestured to Seijin and Ninjitsu, and Mark walked over to Zenrdy and kicked him awake before herding them out of the dungeons and up into the lobby, where most of the soldiers were already amassed and in full battle gear. Aaron stood before them, heavy armor on and sword strapped to his waiist.

"You three, fall in. We are moving out now, and so help me, if you try to pull anything I will kill you and burn your corpses." Mark hissed to the group.

Aaron was speaking to the army, telling them what was going on.

"We have recieved reports that Zafe has prepared a summoning yet again, and is once again preparing to sacrifice human lives and bring down the Demon Lord Crano upon the earth."

Boos and hisses greeted this information, and Aaron waited for everyone to settle down before he continued.

"I know it has only been a little over a month, but we must move out immediatly. My sister has provided us with funds, and I have hired some of the nearby mercenaries to aid us, for what little help they will be. They will join up with us after a two day march west. We should arrive in California in two weeeks, hopefully in time to kill Zafe and his lieutenants before they have a chance to cast the spell. We cannot show mercy this time. Kill any Black Armory unit you see, unless they are unamred and surrendering. Understood? Good. Move out."

"That means you too." Jackson said as he prodded Zenrdy out of the base. "Fall in line, don't pull anything, and you'll be fine."

"Mr. Feng. Come quickly. There has been a... well, Zafe will tell you."

Grey had burst into the room, dressed in full battle armor to summon General to Zafe's room, where the two promptly went as soon as General was prepared Buby and Ashe were waiting for them, with Zafe pacing around the room behind them. As General and Grey entered he stopped and moved to join the four warriors.

"Aaron is coming again. There will be no holding back from him this time, I'm sure. His plan is to kill each and every one of us, indiscrimanantly. He sees us as evil incarnate, and himself as the Angel of Righteousness. It is true, our method comes at a very heavy cost, but it is a necessary one. The only method that is guarenteed to work is ours, bringing Crano down and asking him to end the snowfall forever. Aaron wishes to end these wars more peacefully, and has developed a way to end the snow... in a few years. He won't live to see his project suceed or fail, and that makes it risky. There is no way to know whether it will be continued after his death, so this is the way it must be done. We cannot allow them to stop us this time. We are Black Armory. We are the saviors of this world! Now, mobilize your units and prepare for defense. They'll be here before dawn."

Ashe and Grey left, and Zafe began to speak to the remaining two fighters.

"Feng, Bubby, will you fight with us? We will need all the help we can get here, and though I cannot offer much reward, I can give you this."

He slipped a gold ring off his finger and bradished it before him. "It is called the all-to-one ring, and I have been asked for it by many powerful figures, including even Lord Yggdrassil, so I assume it is important. Up to you, Feng."

The army came upon the BA base after a very long march. Immediatly the squads split up and surrounded the area, while Aaron planned with his Lieutenants.

"Jackson, split left and lead the archers to the west wall. Tyler, right and swordsmen to the east wall. Mark, go around the base and assault from behind with mages. I will charge straight in with the special forces and try to take down Zafe in the confusion."

Alrighty, for the Alliance group, go with what you consider yourself to be. If you think you're a mage, go with mage, swordsmen with Tyler (he's a swordsguy who I haven't really described yet but go with it), and archers with Jackson. Not that any of you are archers.

General, if you accept, position yourself wherever.

The General gave it a thought for a minute. "If I don't accept to help them, they may lose and no one will have to be sacrificed to end the disease. And though it may take a couple years, numerously less will have to die before the cure is found." He almost voiced his choice to Zafe, but held it for some reason, "Then again if I help them, this battle may end quicker and I may be able to stop the battle with this Crano, or at least end it quick enough to sacrifice a very few. And that ring, I may be able to do something with it...

"Alright, I've decided, I will fight with you under one condition. Your army must display the utmost morality on the field, it's all I expect. Now lets go." The General walked out, throwing the giant doors open, angry at himself for getting into another battle. As he went through the massive army, he grabbed a sword, put it on his belt, grabbed a quiver, and shouted, "A bow, someone throw me a bow." As one flew out of the massive crowd, the General caught it without stopping and set an arrow. "Let's get this over quickly!" The General stood behind five rows of people and awaiting the attacking army, bow drawn.

Zafe approached General at his position near the roof of the castle-base.

"You say that their way will have less lives lost? I assure that is not the case. Not all of our warriors are here, you know. If we do not summon down Crano now, the wars will continue and people will continue to die for no reason. And as for a fihgt against Crano, I assure you we have countermeasures to assure we get what we want if he doesn't give it to us willingly. We have put a great deal of planning into this, Feng. Trust us."

They looked down at the rows and rows of archers and mages below them. The castle was layered so that rows of long range units could be placed on the outside to make it easier to defend. It wouldn't be an easy assault.

"Feng, do not engage Aaron if he comes. He is the redheaded one, and will probably tear through our ranks very early on. If he tries to get to me, let him pass. There is no way for you to hold him off at this point. If anyone Lieutenant rank or below makes it to this point, take them out: shoot them in the leg or something but make sure they can no longer fight."

He passed General two crude sketches of Jackson and Tyler, which General studied before handing back.

"Those are the Lieutenants. There is a third, but I have someone on him already. We will try our best to be merciful, but they are trying to kill us. If our side starts to lose, I will have no choice but to order them to fight back with all they have."

Zafe turned away and began to walk back to the roof of the castle, where a large chalk circle had been drawn already.

"One hour, Feng. After one hour this can all end."

Seijin

Seijin was exhausted after marching for two long weeks, the moment the army stopped he collapsed on his knees into melting snow, his hellfire aura still covering him. He was wondering why the army had stopped and was about to ask, when he looked up and saw the castle that belonged to the Black Armory.

He then saw Jackson lead the archers toward the western wall, while Tyler led the infantry which was entirely made of swordsmen to the eastern wall. Seijin planned on going with Tyler, but he hesitated. Something deep within him told him not to go with Tyler, but instead to go with Mark. Just as Jackson and Tyler disappeared from sight, he saw Mark begin to lead the mages around to the back of the castle.

Seijin got up and murmured some quick words, a green aura intermingled with the red aura around him. His body regained its strength and he was ready for the upcoming war and bloodshed. The moment the green aura disappeared, he ran to catch up to Mark. Seijin caught up to him and slowed his pace to a walking one. After some time walking Seijin bored started walking backwards and said to Mark." Well! I'm going to be assisting you today! Just tell me what to do, where to go, what to destroy, and what to blow up, after all you are the one in command!" Seijin then noticed Mark stop walking and the rest of the mages did the same. Seijin then turned around and noticed that they had reached the back of the castle. "Heh... We're here already eh?" Seijin smiled, his adrenaline pumping. "I'm ready to fight, what are your orders Mark?"

"You will join with the-"

"Mark Archmage, current holder of the title of ultimate magician and lieutenant of the Alliance, I challenge you to an official duel for your title and your life."

A blonde boy stodd on the high wall of the castle, flanked by several squadrons of archers. With a sudden leap he flew off the wall and into the snow below, landing perfectly on both feet infront of the first line of mages. A small icicle extended from between his middle and ring finger on both hands and the two warriors infront of him lost their headds.

"I, Mark Archmage, accept your duel on the terms that it will be a battle to the death."

Aile smiled and leaped at Mark, who twirled and let the boy fly over him and into a pile of snow. The Archmage sent a flurry of fireballs after his new foe, who retracted his magic icicles and created a shield to absorb the blow.

"Change of plans! New guy! You and the rest of the mages seige the castle wall! Work your way to the top and erase the hexagram at the top!" Mark shouted as Aile went onto the offense.

"Go! All squad don't let up!"

The archers of the alliance opened fire upon the fighters infront of them, but it was little use. The swordsmen's armor delcted the majority of the arrows. Jackson twirled his bow and notched another projectile anyway, determined not to lose their position. He pulled back and was about to let go when he felt a heavy pain in his shoulder, one that dropped him to his knees.

"Die, Jackson. Those that live in the past are killed by those that live in the future!"

Ashe cocked her gun and fired again, but Jackson gritted his teeth and managed to barely roll out of the path of the bullet. He attempted to fire with his bow, but Ashe was faster she fire again and this time aimed incorrectly, striking above Jackson's head.

"Guns aren't allowed Ashe. What the hell are you doing?"

"We've entered a new age. Besides, victory for the Black Armory is essential for the world to survive, therefore I should use everything I have to make sure we succeed. If cheating brings me victory, then I'l cheat."

"Karn, can you take him?"

The colonel looked at Grey for a while, sizing him before nodding his head.

"Then he's yours." Tyler said. "I'll lead the soldiers up to the wall, but with those mages assaulting us I'm not sure how we'll be able to do this."

As Tlyer ran off, hollering for the swordsmen to file behind him, Grey and Karn battled back and forth, each's sword slammng into eachother with enough force to kill a normal warrior. After only two minutes their armor showed heavy wear and they were panting, nearly out of energy already.

"You're not... bad... " Grey said. Karn only nodded and lifted his sword to charge again.

"Geez, you just keep coming!" complained Grey as he prepared his counter, and the two began to fight again.

Silently the General of the Alliance cut through the lines of enemies before him, the only group that was actually making progress into Zafe's fortress. He fought silently and steadily, not speeding and making sure to kill each and every warrior he came across, so they couldn't attack from behind after he moved on. He made good pregress and before the half-hour was up he stood oone floor below the roof, Zafe looking down on him.

"Aaron. How are you?"

"Considering the circumstances, Zafe, I'd say that's a pretty stupid question."

'Sure, sure. So, Aaron, you want to stop me?"

"Don't play dumb, Zafe. Come down and let's settle this."

"You won our last fight by a fluke, Aaron. Why are you in such a hurry to die?"

Zafe lept down, drawing his sword and swinging during his descent, the red-black blade extending to reach out at it's foe. Aaron's Ceremony sword knocked away Zafe's and the two strafed eachother. All the special forces units split off as they had been ordered to take out all Black Armory units that might interfere. It was just Zafe and Aaron, one on one.

'This is how I'll kill you, Zafe. Look upon this! Sixth Ceremony! Aaron Aefarie!"

Aaron God-Mode/Rank 2: Sixth Ceremony

The leader of the Alliance's blade changed only slightly, extending and thickening itself a small bit, but Aaron's power skyrocketed and so did his speed, and before Zafe knew it Aaron was in his face, hilt raised to split the BA leader's forehead.

"Damn, Aaron!" Zafe shouted and he ducked and spun away. "If you want to play hardball, we'll play hardball."

Zafe God-Mode/Rank 2: Zafe 100%

Zafe's power began to grow as well, but unlike Aarons massive boost it was more of a slow continual increase.

"You need to end this fast, Aaron." Zafe taunted. "In about a minute I'll be the stronger one again, and all this would have been in vain."

Seijin

Seijin stared at the duel between Mark and the weird ice child. Wow.... Fire versus ice, this ought to be an interesting fight to see. His thoughts were interrupted by Mark screaming at him to destroy the hexagram on the roof of the castle. Seijin turned around to face the wall and noticed that the archers that had been around the boy were now letting off a volley of arrows. "Shit! Watch out!" He screamed at the mages but they were too busy watching their leader fight to pay any attention. "Argh! You MORONS!" Seijin ran into the center of them and raised up his arms to the sky, both palms of his hands open. "CRYSTALLINE AEGIS" A giant shield appeared in the air covering the squad of mages, just as the arrows slammed into it and were absorbed. "Refract the payment!" The shield burned brightly and ripples could be seen surging through its surface. From the ripples, bright white needles slowly started to emerge, Seijin then lowered down his extended arms till they were at chest level and the bottom of the shield slammed into the snow covered ground, facing toward the squadron of archers. "Nova needle barrage!" The needles finally out of the shield, hovered in front of it for a couple of seconds, just as the shield exploded, propelling them into the castle wall and the archers.

The needles pierced the wall and the archers, and stayed embedded inside of them. The archers felt nothing and looked at each other and then down at Seijin, thinking that they were ok, they pulled out more arrows and notched it on their bows. Seijin walked up to the halfway point between the mages and the wall. The mages now interested in seeing what Seijin was capable of watched him intently. Seijin, now standing in the center of both the mages and the wall, looked up straight at the archers with a grin on his face. "Death of a small star... Nova burst." He snapped his fingers, and an explosion ripped through the wall and the archers. Blood and gore rained down everywhere, and the wall now accumulated by thousands of deep craters collapsed, revealing the inner ward of the castle.

"Alright, you mages! Come on, you heard Mark! Kill anyone and everyone standing in our way! Let's get this over with and erase the hexagram!" A fierce roar was heard from the mages just as they charged in, sending waves of fire into the inner ward and whoever stood in wait. While Seijin searched for the staircase that might lead to the roof.

The General started scanning the battlefield, when all of a sudden a hail of arrows came toward the castle walls, thats when he chose his next target. Feng leaped down from the wall and began to charge through the ranks to the archers. Pulling out the sword, the General easily managed to dodge most of the missiles that were screaming past him. "Heh, no guns, and I thought learning how to use a sword would be a foolish endeaver," he said as he noticed his sword swings were without any grace or power. All of a sudden, an arrow came from behind and ripped into his right arm, the searing pain causing him drop the sword. Seeing the arrows source, he pulled the arrow from his arm and stabbed the point into its owner's chest, "No more playing around, I have to end this quickly."

After awhile, the General finally found Jackson. He started making his way through, undeterred by the enemy, merely tossing them out of the way, though he barely dodged a couple swings from some heavily armored swordsmen. He finally made it to his enemy, only to see him on the ground wounded. Feng jumped off the shoulder of one of the enemy soldiers and kicked the gun out of Ashe's hand. "No guns allowed, little lady," he said as he pocketed the gun, stepping onto Jackson's chest in one swift movement. "Surrender now, or I let her kill you." Suddenly, an explosion ripped through the castle, distracting him as he turned to see the cause of the explosion.

"Eh...only i can cheat!" Ninjitsu came hurtling out of a rift behind Ashe, drop kicking the general in the back, sending him sprawling to the floor..

Standing behind them, he slashed at the air, creating shockwaves that spread towards the two. They served to disarm them, as the gun the large man had pocketed and two of her other small handguns clattered to the ground, and exploded violently, as well as the General sword breaking into three.

"Come on boys! Don't let up! The arrows look like they arent doing anything, but I'm sure Lil' Miss Sharpshooter here is getting annoyed," yelled Ninjitsu as he dodged an angry blow from the irate woman.

Looking the General over, Ninjitsu decided it would be best to not engage him one on one, as he teleported mid-air and drew himself a platform to watch from. Explosions were always pretty.

When he noticed that the soldiers didnt stop coming, he decided to help out the archers, who were slowly shrinking backwards. "Alrighty, lets bring in the cavalry. Ill just open this here... and Bingo!" as hundreds of his alphabet soldiers poured out like ants onto the battle field, immediately engaging the enemy soldiers.

As Ninjitsu looked up, he saw worried faces. The archers were worrying about accidentally shooting the seemingly insane minions, but were relieved when Ninjitsu explained how expendable they were. Then he noticed Jackson.

Teleporting himself back to the west wall, Ninjitsu leaned down to check on Jackson.

"Hey bud. What do you like in your nurses...?" asked Ninjitsu to a bewildered Jackson.
"Just get up there and fight. Keep an eye on the General there. The jokes arent needed, or appreciated," said Jackson, as he pondered the question.

"Hey! Ninjitsu!"

He turned.

"How 'bout a blond?"

Ninjitsu just grinned.

"Traitor! I'll kill you for this! Don't you realize the importance of eliminating the lieutenats! If we kill this guy right now, the whole group attacking this front will scatter."

As Jackson rose to his feet, staggering slightly but able to walk thanks to the nurse, General got up as well.

"Hey, hey. You know this guy, pawn?" Jackson asked Ninjitsu, pointing at General. "If so, he's all yours. Ashe is my problem."

The archer and gunswoman eyed eachother for a full minute before her eyes drifted slowly over to her weapon, lying in the snow a few feet away.

"Want to go for it, Ashe? We'll make a game of it; who's faster? The girl or the arrow?"

She snarled and lunged, not at the gun but at Jackson, who was too stunned to fire in time to stop her assault. Ashe carried the lieutenant to the ground, where she began to viciously pummel him until he managed to roll into a ball and kick her off of himself.

"Dammit! Why the hell won't you die?!" Aile screammed as he fired off another volley of icicles at the stationary, levitating Mark. A translucent shield of fire surrounded his body that shielded him spat out three deadly spheres of flame to engulf the projectiles before the came even close to a worrying distance.

"This doesn't make any sense at all!" The blonde boy complained as he drew more energy from the surrounding snow into his body and bega to materialize it into yet another volley fo icicles. "You are using flame techniques, drawing in energy from the heat arround you. Since most everything is frost, you should inly be able to gather enough energy to support you for three minutes, five tops. I've been using ice, and since, as I mentioned before, everything is frost, my spells should be on a whole different plane from your's! There is no way you can be competing with me on this level! It's physically impossible!"

Mark let his energy shield drop and lowered himself to the ground, a humoungous smile over his face. "Oh, you can't fathom that I'm just superior to you? I thought you would at least be smarter than that. I'm the Archmage, strongest in the Universe. No little kid is going to kill me."

"I'm fifteen! I would hardly say that's young!"

"Oh, getting angry? Don't let emotions take control of the fight, Aile."

The head of the BA Research and Development lunged, channeling all his energy into his fists and beginning a fistfight with Mark, who had also placed his mana into his fists.

"Gah, Dammit!"

Blood sprayed out of the massive wounds across Zafe's arm and chest. The general groaned and made a desperate swing at Aaron, who parried it effortlessly.

"It's finally over. I've won, Zafe."

"Not yet. I can't beat you, but that was never the point, I guess. All I need to do is stall for time, now."

At these words soldiers spilled onto the floor and surrounded Aaron, who fought desperatly to try to reach Zafe. The BA General was ascending a staircase straight to the roof, where a group of tied up soldiers and a magic circle awaited him.

Seijin

"ARGH!!!!!" A wave of fire erupted out of Seijin's palm and connected with 10 BA soldiers incinerating them into nothing more than floating ash. He had finally seen the stairwell that led to the roof of the castle but there were a major problem. There was a giant army of soldiers blocking his way and the mages from getting to the stairwell "Damn it! Damn it! DAMN IT!!!! DIE ALL OF YOU!!!" Seijin lifted his palm and aimed it at a large column of charging soldiers, "Nova inferno!"  An Incandescent beam of white flames shot forth from his palm and swallowed the soldiers, engulfing them and leaving not even ash to mark their existence. Panting Seijin started swaying back and forth, suddenly his legs gave out and he fell to his knees. "Need... A.... Quick.... Break..." Although using his nova spells don't usually drain him of energy he had been using them over and over again, and they had begun to take their toll on him. He then noticed that they had carved through 2/3 of the soldiers blocking their way to the stairwell, giving him hope and excitement.

"Alright! We're almost through!" Energy surging through him again, Seijin got up and rallied the remaining mages to him. "Ok! You 30 stay with me!" He pointed at a squad that still seemed capable of fighting. "The rest of you! Give us cover and push through to get to the stairs! Come on! Let's go!" The mages got into a wedge formation and burned through the soldiers that were in the way, while Seijin and the 30 mages he had picked followed. He needed to conserve his energy in case there were any threats on the roof waiting for him. They finally reached the staircase, just as from the broken wall, and other entrances more soldiers started piling through hoping to stop the advancement of the enemy. "Tsk!" Seijin bit his thumb, a nervous habit he could never get rid of. "I hate to do this to you guys but I need you to hold them off here, if you guys start getting pushed back retreat to the staircase and start pulling up. You thirty!" He pointed at the mages with him. "You guys have the most energy, watch over the others and protect the weak and wounded! I wish you guys the best of luck... Goodbye!" Seijin then turned around and ran up the stairs, just as he heard battle cries and the roar of flames.

Seijin reached the end of the spiraling stairway only to find himself face to face with a heavy metal door. He started pushing upward on it trying to open it, but it wouldn't budge an inch. After several minutes of useless physical effort, his eyebrow began to twitch out of anger and annoyance. "I don't have time for this!" He concentrated a ball of energy into his palm and aimed it at the door. "Nova bomb!" It shot out of his palm and connected with the door. The force of the explosion caused the door to break off and fly into the air, in that short amount of time Seijin jumped out of the stairwell's entrance and landed on the roof, just as the door fell through the hole and crashed into the staircase.

Seijin noticed the group of tied up soldiers, along with the hexagram. He immediately rushed forward to erase the hexagram when a soldier appeared in front of him and charged. Seijin jumped back just as the soldier's sword missed and slammed into the roof getting stuck. "Sucks for you doesn't it?" Seijin asked amused just as the solider looked up at him. "Good... Bye!" He grabbed the soldier's head and it erupted into flames. As the body fell and began to be slowly consumed by fire, Seijin noticed a wounded man reach the roof. He held in his hand a black and red sword, interested and knowing not to underestimate this man, Seijin walked cautiously to the edge of the hexagram. The wounded man was on the other edge of it watching him. "Who are you? And are you going to try and stop me?" Seijin asked him quietly as his fists started to glow between red and black. 

"Pawn? Heh. Alright. And i assume that makes you the -!"

Ninjitsu stopped short as the gunswoman launched a furious assault, and decided to actually follow orders for once.

Dashing up the strange stairlike structure, Ninjitsu launched himself into a backflip, vaulting towards the General. He knew he was a open target midair, so he drew a long crescent bow and started firing, as well as summoning a volley of knives to fall towards his opponent as well.

Nin also threw a small boomerang like weapon behind the General, opening up a small rift. He remembered something, and now that he was an "archer," he should be able to utilize it.

"Sorry big dude, but I'm supposed to kill you now. I promise, I'll miss you when you're gone."

The General was actually surprised by Ninjitsu's full scale attack. "So, you would kill me instead of them? Fine, but I won't go down without a fight!" As he said this, he somersaulted to the left, flipping around onto his feet to dodge the incoming missiles, though a couple did manage to hit him in the leg and stomach. "You would listen to these fools?" The General gave a swift roundhouse to the flying Ninjitsu, trying to push him into the rift. "No matter if they are you're commanders, they are all much weaker than the four of us combined," this time the General stopped, waiting for Ninjitsu to stop himself before going into the rift, but readied an arrow for the next attack. "I may not be able to beat you, but maybe I don't have to!"

The General started to run for the top of the castle where the pentagram was, hoping to find either Zenrdy or Seijin, knowing he may be able to talk some sense into at least Zenrdy. Only he noticed he wasn't getting very far, "Dammit! I can't run with my body in tatters like this," but still he continued to run as fast as he could up the stairs.

"Well, if you're going to run away...
Wait a sec.

Dude!" called Ninjitsu after the running man. "I'm not some stupid barbarian. From what you said, it sounds like you want to compromise or something. Plus, you arent an ugly goblin or something, so I wont get any pleasure from spreading your blood on the wall's of your mother's bedroom."

"What's up?" asked Ninjitsu as he drew a conference table and floating chairs halfway up the stairlike pyramid.

"Tell me what's on your mind. You look your heart isnt in this fight anyw-

An arrow whizzed by, and Ninjitsu suddenly remembered that they were on a BATTLEFIELD, so he promptly called up a crude shield around them. "Ok, yeah. Theyll have to put a little effort into breaking this thing."

Glancing at the rift he created earlier, he remembered to make a mental note of it, and closed it, keeping the destination's astral coordinates in mind.

"Now, you were about to say? Menstrual cramps, or stress? What's up?"

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.