Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
The Reaper

[Full Game] Reaper [Horror-RPG]

I played this game for 2 minutes, heard the Freddy Krueger music, died, and spent the next 15 minutes laughing hysterically. Pretty funny. Then I tried it again and lived, and the game got more interesting. I still have no clue what's going on, but it's not that bad really. I hope that shadow doesn't come back again, that sucked.

GNB

Thoose gray ones, some of the lamps are from the tileset you use ( I have that one also ) but the other ones, and how to you get that glow effect around them?

Also: I love your game , I completed it in 17 minutes ;)

I hope this game has some insurance included that'll clean the stains from my chair...

I get scared way too easily... Heh, great game mate, was scary and good fun. Hope you make another :)

Ok, i give the statue the baby. It points it's ring finger at me. A shimmer of light appears, and then i melt and die.

Solution?

Deranous":21cgf2q1 said:
Ok, i give the statue the baby. It points it's ring finger at me. A shimmer of light appears, and then i melt and die.

Solution?

Explanation of 'Melt and Die' please?

@ GNB
Ty and I think you're either talking about the particle engine (a script) or the fiery aura charactersets I moved over the fire charactersets.

@ Deun
No insurance for you. =]].

Dezzy

It's a great game you've made, it's all very creepy and to do that with rpg maker graphics. It deserves a round of applause.

I love it!

You know if they baby touches you, you die. Well, when i hand the burnt baby to the statue while the baby is chasing me, the baby doesn't dissapear. So as soon as the text ends for giving the statue the baby, it kills me.

Oh, do you also mind PM-ing me Inquesitor's tilesets. His website is down and i can't find them anywhere.

You really don't want to run away at that point.  I mean, it's not like you could give the statue the baby later, and that little ghost girl probably won't kill you, she just wants a friendly discussion about ponies.
/Sarcasm.

Try running away ^^.
Oh - and I'll give you the tilesets in a bit, or a link for them neway.

Mb, i thought you had to run past her and give the statue the baby while she was still chasing you :S.

I got away and hid in the wardrobe in one of the rooms.

I completed the game. It was good, but it didnt quite scare me much. And t would have been a lot cooler if the house was bigger.

And thanks, eagerly awaiting those tiles ;)

Wario, if you were scared of this, i know an RMXP game that will scare the pants off you ^^

Edit:
Oh crap. i just reliased you were being sarcastic ><

Im such a tard =/

megamariohead":3f9em9ih said:
it looked fun, but i got too scared to play. i turned the game on, saw the picture of the ghost, and flipped out!

You try making a scarier horror game using RPG Maker and I'll accept that comment, but you're helping no-one if any criticism you give isn't constructive (in which case go waste yourself).  Unless you're not being sarcastic (in which case sorry =x).

I don't think he was being sarcastic (as far as I can tell).  Anyways, I played most of the way through, but the little girl killed me and there wasn't any save point before hand, so I kind of lost interest.  The puzzles were decent, but pretty straightforward.  Most of the time, I'd pick up an item, know exactly where to go with that item, get another item, know exactly what to do with that item, etc.  If you were to ever work on this kind of project again, I'd like to see some that would make me think a little more.  The graphics didn't wow me, but were passable.  If anything, I'd say the rooms were a bit too wide open, and didn't give you much to look at except for the same bookcase 5 times.  I wasn't particularly scared by this, but I realize horror is a difficult element to pull off in RMXP, so kudos for trying.  Looks like you scared a few people!  Overall, I thought it was decent, my main complaint being that the game was a little on the shallow side.

Ok - I've finally fixed some bugs but before I upload the new version, is anyone still getting the multiple keys error (from the mirror)?
And Ace of Spade, thanks, I'll try to entertain you a little more with my next game 8].

Finished the game and I can say it was a fun ride.
I jumped a couple times and that's always good!

But a thing that I kinda didn't like was the absence of build up. I mean you go straight in and the mansion is crazy right away! Not necesserily a bad thing but there was no mystery!

Anyway, like I said it was a fun ride. Good job!

I got the key from the mirror, now whenever I renter that hall I get asked if I want the key again.

Also, I can't use the key on anything. I don't know if thats intentional.

mtgmaster":260abvtq said:
I got the key from the mirror, now whenever I renter that hall I get asked if I want the key again.

Also, I can't use the key on anything. I don't know if thats intentional.

Sorry, the first part is a glitch.
I guess I didn't fix it.  I will later.
And for the second part:

Use the box in the garden with that key.  (The clue was the key had a heart on it and the padlock of the box was heart-shaped too).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.