Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
The Reaper

[Full Game] Reaper [Horror-RPG]

mawk

Sponsor

Who signs their posts anymore? I thought that was the reason our usernames are displayed just to the left of our posts. :x

Chimmy Ray":idl7adtx said:
Who signs their posts anymore? I thought that was the reason our usernames are displayed just to the left of our posts. :x
I think it gives me an air of profesionalism. [/snob]
  -KRoP

Okay I just finished playing this. I only died once (because I rock) and honestly... I thought the game was actually really good! It freaked me out once or twice and man, the story was really fun to watch unfold, the ideas were brilliant, seriously you were using traits of a professional. THOSE were the good.

Here's that part that the game maker wishes didn't exist. The bad.
Okay first of all, in the beggining quite a few people complained about how that monster kept killing them, I think he made a good touch but you should have made him run just a little bit slower.
Next is another thing a bunch of people were complaining about, the screen darkness, uh.. yeah I know it's a horror game and all but still it's really a bitch having to squint to see whats on the damn screen.
And there were a few minor glitches that have been mentioned a few times by other people which I hope you fix.

Other then that it was really amazing, and the animations were great, seriously it was really good.
Make a sequal or another game or something. And good work.

@ Missing
Considering the amount of complaints, I'll make the screen lighter, and if you want I'll change the .bmps to .pngs (though I don't kno the difference).  Where is the screen dark?  At the beginning in the forest or in the house?  In the house I think it's relatively light.

@ Chrome
Thanks - I love all feedback 8].  It's strange, because on my computer the screen is quite bright and I can see perfectly, but since this many people are complaining I'll guess I'll lighten up the screen tone a tad.  The monster is fast so you don't know what it is, and that it catches you off guard.  Maybe making it kill you is a bit harsh, considering the speed.  I'll think about that ^^
I'm working on a sequel, not directly linked to this game but not not linked at all =].

can you please give me the script for Item menu?
I've been asking everywhere for it, and nobody can tell me..I'm working on a Silent Hill RPG, so i kinda need it..

Are you referring to the Icon Inventory or the way you press a button to access the Item Menu?
The Icon Inventory is a script on here - just search Icon Inventory in the bar.  I evented the 'press-a-button-Item-Menu'.  Find a tutorial for that please.  Sorry, I don't have the time to go through that fully right now.

Homunculus don't make a Silent Hill game, make your own original game, they are always better then remakes. This isn't my opponion it's a common fact.

well i'm not exactly making it to be Legit, and putting lots of effort into it..i'm currently working on a proper RPG series of my own and they are quite good..i just wanna make a little quick game on the side, and my idea for a SH game was pretty kool..you play as a priest who is about to start the towns religion (The Order) (yes, its a prequel of the prequel).. anyway, Alessa from the future comes back to try and prevent him (yes, you're the bad guy in this)..she tells you how lots of people are going to get hurt and how things will change in the town..but you're naive and ignore her, so she locks you into a dark room..inside this dark room is a door to the outside/normal world, and this door has about 5 locks on it..but the gods that you worship give you power to travel to locations around Silent Hill via portal in the wall (kinda like SH 4)..these locations dont feature monsters, but they are all corroded and freaky looking..and it's up to you to solve puzzles and find the keys to each lock..and when you finally get all the keys from each SH location, you unlock the door and decide to go through with starting up the Cult..and thats where SH: Origins would start from (few years later of course)..
the guy you actually play as is Jimmy Stone, who is Walter Sullivan's first victim, and some even say he is Pyramid Head..so it kinda interwines with all the other games in the series..and the theme song is 'Rain Of Brass Petals (Three Voices Edit)..

what ya's think?  It's called 'Silent Hill: Despite These Chains'

I think you should make a new topic for that.
By the way - if you want my advice - I wouldn't make a Silent Hill game, even if it isn't following the main plot-line.  People appreciate originality.

mawk

Sponsor

A: Get on topic, dudes.
B: Homunculus, man, that's just rude. You can disagree with criticism without insulting someone. :x

Bogus

(Wow, this thread went way off topic)

I just played a few minutes of this but it had me giggling, which I'm not sure was the intention behind it. I love horror movies so the "music with creepy lyrics" that were mentioned quite a bit actually made me laugh. That was creepy the first time I heard it in the Nightmare on Elm Street films, but here it was just silly(couldn't say why though...). The nurse from Silent Hill as the Game Over screen was interesting, not sure what it has to do with anything, but it's a nice picture.

Nice mood, the music and the color/fog really set that well. That indoor map was huge, but you mentioned not wanting to hear of mapping issues so I'll shush. The giant shadowy figure that popped out of nowhere was where I stopped, not sure how it killed me but it added to my giggle-fit...so now I'm here to tell you how silly and fun that was.

I'll play more when I'm done giggling, I'm enjoying it so far though.

Well, wasn't my intentions but I'm glad you're enjoying the game =D!
Where did I mention not wanting to hear mapping issues?  Tell me of my issues my friend =]
And as for the music - I couldn't find anything better, so I had to make it work.
Yeah -I guess the shadow-figure is a little unfair to spring on you as soon as you enter the house.

Hint:
The figure bursts through the door by the fireplace, therefore unlocking it.  There is conveniently a pillar in the middle of the room to separate you from the fireplace door too.

WOO HOO I finally beat the game!  :lol:
But there's one error when I played the game.
When you get the glowing key and every time you enter the room
it well say "The Key is glowing, take it?" When I looked in my inventory
I had like 7 keys!. You probably forgot the self-switch there.
OH yeah, I didn't understand the storyline,
Who was the thing that attacked you in the beginning?
What is that maid ghost talking about her daughters marriage?
Where did the Rock Golem come from?
Where did her daughter come from?
The storyline is too hasty and all.

Yeah - the plot was a little rushed because I planned it out before I decided to make a 'short' game.
I won't do that next time =].

And thanks - I'm aware of all the glitches and will be fixed in the next version.

Np
BTW if your making another game like this try to move at least a few days before the climax
(Such as entering the House) or put a brief history on what?when?why?how?

waves of the lagoon":l3wqyc9d said:
Glitch-
Every time I hide from the ghost girl, I can't get out after she leaves the room.

That's a Glitch that I've encountered too.
At the moment, you'll just have to hide in the second save room where you meet Housekeeper ghost.

When I bang against the mirror with the spade, is there supposed to be a girl laugh? There are quite a few errors but they are minor. I should also point out that when you keep digging in the whole more boxes can be acquired.

Great first attempt at making a game. You managed to slip quite a few neat effects in there.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.