Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Why Your Title Screen Is Ugly and How to Fix It

TwistedFateC.png

I figured even though the background is dark and detailed, the title is bright and sylver looking, and kinda POPS, and it looks awesome to me honestly.. Oh and it's pixelated because it's for a very retro game...
Oh and the font i am using is actually one i JUST found when searching.

My actual plan was not really to have a still image for the title, as soon as i find a script, i plan to have it animate, the background will scroll by and the sword will move into perspective, and the title text will do this fade in from like... you.. as in.. i wanted it to start big and invisible and shrink down as it fades in, as if it lands on the screen.. the still image was just a mok up for the most part... also the title i had before was gonna animate to honestly... i was gonna have the sword and axe come in at different angles and the text and text shadow come from 2 different parts of the screen and center on the screen.. most of these titles are mokups.. but i wanted something that has some sort of animating..

-EDIT-
I realized i don't care what people think, if i think some things look good, i am going for it... the input i am getting back from people everywhere is that the name of my game makes it sound serious... i need to do this, and that.. and what ever else.. it's more work than i want to, i already spend all my damn time trying to figure out scripts and crap on my own.. i can't focus on things i am better at than others... so at this point it is, what you see is what you get...

I'm going to bump this partially because it's a really good and useful thread, but secondly so I can lynch some advice...

Is this going in the right direction?

lVygL1v.png

I'm not sure what I'm doing with the command window yet but the commands themselves will be in that position.

Definitely going in the right direction.

However, I think something about the blood seems a little off. I'm having trouble putting my finger on it. That's about all I'd complain about.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.