Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] PR ABS + Add Ons- 10/16

Hi everybody.
Thanks for this script it's a really good one. And easy to configure and customize even for someone who don't know Ruby (like me) with a little effort.

I can custom a lot of things (skills, items, animations, enemy, weapons, shield) but there is two things I can't find...

The first one is about delay
I can easily put a delay for basic attacks in the "Config - Weapons" page, but I can't put a delay to my skills and items. So I can flood skills and it's not fine for poor monsters (and for the gameplay). I searched during some hours without success. Do someone know what to do for this trouble?

The second one is about Range in Skills/Items
After some tries, I realized that a skill can't have a 3 cells range. It's difficult to explain but i'll try...

Examples :
# Thunder Storm (range = 1)
SKILLS[5] = [5, 1, QUAD, "Picture"]
Here, the skill Thunder Storm will hit 5 cells in front of the player and have a 1 cell range (with [5, 0, QUAD, "Picture"] it's the same effect)

Player > > > > X

# Thunder Storm (range = 2)
SKILLS[5] = [5, 2, QUAD, "Picture"]
When i put 2 for the range, the effect covers 2 cells around the 'impact cell'... so :

------ o o X X X X X
------ o o X X X X X
Player > > X X X X X
------ o o X X X X X
------ o o X X X X X

So it's impossible to put a skill like this :
------ o o o X X X
Player > > > X X X
------ o o o X X X

or a little cross around a target for example, impossible again :
o o X o o
o X X X o
o o X o o

I don't know if it's possible for me to fix this Range problem by myself, so if someone have an idea to what to do, I take it.

Well, I hope someone will answer for the skill/item delay at least.
(Sorry if there's some syntax mistakes in my sentences, i'm not an English speaker).

I don't know if this is how you post(I'm new to forums) but I think I'm posting to the PR ABS thing posted by RTH?
I dunno but I need some help. I downloaded the Overdrive system and added the script properly.
But Every time I try my game(I am using the latest PR ABS), I get the error message:
Script ' ' line 39: NameError occurred.
uninitialized constant PRCoders.

Help?

I too get the 'PRCoders Module' Line 606: Win32::Registry::ErrorOccured. error..

Can anyone please try it and see if they get it too?

I am having an issue with a PRABS script for rpg maker vx, Whenever I start my game and teleport to the map with enemies I get an error message:

Script 'Game_Event' line 29: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'x' for nil:NilClass

It happens when I press down,down, S ( the FrontFrontAttack combo ) is their a way I can either fix this or simple disable the combo? Its very irritating...otherwise nice script

mcman1

I cant believe im reviving a 4 year old topic, but i cant seem to find a demo or script of this? anyone got it on hand?

This might sounds dumb but... Can smeone please tell me how to download this? I'm new to RPG maker and I jsut want to start something awesome ,and I really liked the combat style for this! I'm not sure how to download this and install it in the files, so it would be much appreciated if someone could help a fello rpg maker out C:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.