Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] PR ABS + Add Ons- 10/16

Sweet... I'll have to down load it and learn your programing style! You know the best why to learn is though others! I'll Probubly start nawing away with everything that's wrong with it if I have the time and start throwing out Addons like I did to Crissagrims ABS. =3

Saidly I have work to do D= so I mostlikly wont get to this one. Oh well...

All the same it looks nice and was nice and smooth.

On a side note, there were quite a few bugs and the system was easy to break... You might want to look in to it.

RTH

Thank you, we've alredy done the SBABS and some new add-ons, waiting for a new demo to post it.

Mikee":36o9u6g6 said:
This ABS is absolutely beautiful.  The spanish in the demo threw me off for a bit, then I realized that I was going to live. XD

This is honestly a gorgeously scripted battle system.  I kept weighing the differences between XP and VX for my next project, and I was mainly discouraged by the graphics and the lack of an ABS for VX.... well guess what.  VX just won due to you're magnificent system.  I thank you, kind sir.

A++

Oh really, so my job is done. xD

Necro_100000":36o9u6g6 said:
Sweet... I'll have to down load it and learn your programing style! You know the best why to learn is though others! I'll Probubly start nawing away with everything that's wrong with it if I have the time and start throwing out Addons like I did to Crissagrims ABS. =3

Saidly I have work to do D= so I mostlikly wont get to this one. Oh well...

All the same it looks nice and was nice and smooth.

On a side note, there were quite a few bugs and the system was easy to break... You might want to look in to it.

Really, i hope you do add ons for this ABS, some bugs are already fixed but not uploaded yet. And what do you mean by "easy to break"?

I would like to use this script, but don't want to make all these different attack animations. How can I remove the animations from being used?

RTH

Selacius":2ikxt1pn said:
I would like to use this script, but don't want to make all these different attack animations. How can I remove the animations from being used?

On script Config - Weapons. You will find something like this:
Code:
  data = [
  # Normal Attack, Image "Graphics/Characters/CharName + FrontAttack", delay 0, Continue the combo
  [SEQUENCES["a"], 0, "FrontAttack", 0, false],
  # Front + Attack Button, Image "Graphics/Characters/CharName + FrontAttack", delay 0, Continue the combo
  [SEQUENCES["fa"], 1, "FrontAttack", 0, false],
  # Front + Front + Attack Button, Image "Graphics/Characters/CharName + FrontFrontAttack", delay 0, Finish the combo
  [SEQUENCES["ffa"], 2, "FrontFrontAttack", 0, true]
  ]

These "FrontAttack", and "FrontFrontAttack" are the pictures name. Just let it "".

I am getting an error:
Script 'PR ABS' line 1366: TypeError Occured.
nil can't be coerced into Fixnum

This happens when I do what you say about the animation graphics.

Selacius":2o10xvom said:
I am getting an error:
Script 'PR ABS' line 1366: TypeError Occured.
nil can't be coerced into Fixnum

This happens when I do what you say about the animation graphics.
I also get this problem. Is it possible to fix it?

RTH

Very very weird, i keep playing and trying to find it and there are no problems. Tell me more details like when exactly it happens.

sorry for the bad english >.<
I am getting an error:
'PRCoders Module' Line 606: Win32::Registry::ErrorOccured.
The System File cannot find the file specified.

when i click the "Game.exe" in the compressed and encrypted data this error poped-up. but when im
editing it and click "Test game" Im not getting this error.

O_O wierd..please help me >.<

Sorry I am learning, i downloaded it and I cannot find the script to put in the script editor? Could somebody help me out?

This Abs rocks! a few things id like to see implemented are:
1. Knockback system... like Zelda where if you hit an enemy they get knocked back 2-3 tiles/ Also if the hero gets hit, he gets knocked back.
2. Compatability with Omega's Equipment customization scripts..for the life of me i cannot get these two scripts to play nicely together.

I'm new to the scripting thing, but i do sort of understand it...
Is it possible to call a script or an event upon taking damage? (whether it be enemy or hero)

thanks for your time

Blaz3r

Could you add animation display if Level up? an same thing to Critical hit.
olso add gold counter (on/off) to hud.
Add frame/animation config to weapons, like each weapon or some o weapons have his own animation.

Muito Bom RTH,ja comentei muito sobre esse seu sistema de ABS.
Na minha opinião um dos meus favoritos cara^^
Recomendo que baixem essa demo que ela é maravilhosa
e melhor feita por um Brasileiro xD

In English:

Very Good RTH,I already very I commented on this its system of ABS. I
n my view one of my favorites man^^
I recommend that fall that demo what it is wonderful and better made by a Brazilian xD

I have to say this abs is the best i have ever seen on the VX and even rivals the XAS for xp

However i may be missing something but is there anyway to add to a variable when the enemy dies along with the enemy respawning after 60 seconds because i can only get a switch or variable to work when there is no respawn comment

any help would be appreciated

Can anyone tell me how or if I'm able to call script and change the maximum hero combo? I want to set it low at something like 2 in the script but after my character levels up a little, I'd like his combo possibilities to increase to 3. Is there some way I could call it?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.