Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request Tutorials Here!

i would love a simple puzzle event system tutorial you know like slide puzzles the puzzles wher you have to push objects onto switches etcetera

Any tutorials out there for some mini games? Maybe a maze game, collection game, push the block type puzzle, etc...

I'm looking for any puzzle related games really, just to add a little fun to my side project.

Thanks a lot guys =D

Come on there's gotta be someone who knows how to make puzzels and minigames around here i've been waiting for ages
I want to know how to set up push puzzels and other puzzels

Yeah, it would be nice if there was a tutorial on variables since they are ,imho, the hardest part about eventing. There was one but the link doesn't work (the link was to a different site).

I'll consider posting a group of tuts for dungeon puzzles and the like. If someone would like make a list or add to the list I've made. I can write up the following, and if I do they'll be roughly in this order:
Box-push "passage" puzzles.
ie, push the boxes in the right order or they get stuck and you cant get past them.
Box-push "switch" puzzles.
ie, push the box into the right place to activate a switch or event.
Ice-slide puzzles.
Slide till you hit a wall, try and find the exit.
Conditional Puzzles.
ie. of all the statues are facing left, the door will open. Also, if the pillars are destroyed the roof will cave in. These kinds of puzzles are quite similar in some senses. I’d attempt to cover the basic understandings of them rather than one specific one.
Advance Puzzles
ie. containing multiple maps and complexities.

I can provide more spesific complex tutorials.

Let me know what the demand is, write up a list of what (Event/puzzle based) tutorials You want and i'll see what I can do.

Might as well go the whole nine yards and throw in Moving Platform Puzzles, Word Puzzles, Switch Order Puzzles (you have to hit the switches in the right order), and "Find the Enemy" Puzzles (there are a group of monsters in a small room and all but one is fake).

Cait

I want to know if anyone has thought of creating a tutorial for: How to create your own game logos? I mean, I don't like asking people, and really begun to start to experiment with gimp. However, I have never really done logos, and wouldn't know what I can do, or how.

A tutorial for RTP sprites sheets, like how they work (like the window skin and auto tile tutorials) how to make them, how to import them etc....

idk if one already exists... if it does i must have missed is

Hi everyone! I just started importing my own graphics, like portals and stuff but everytime i try to use it as a graphic for an event it only uses up 1 "square" of the pic. can anyone tell me how to make it use the whole picture? please?

~~Skweeky

You need to make 16 pictures of your portal. in a sprite set there are 4 frames of it facing up, 4 for facing down, etc. So just duplicate it, to make a 4x4 grid, like all sprites have.

not really difficult, more like "oh shit I've worked for 10 years and I'm still not done!" difficult
look at what happened to Wyatt's vengeance

but if you really want to go through look for netplay + in the script archive

ok thanks i might look into it AFTER i have finished the actual game part, ha ha ok another question, (probably a nooby simple one :P) how do i add character faces into the speech box?

EDIT: also, how do i make the battle system so its like runescape or something, i.e. the battle akes place on the map

Let's say if you make an online game with RMXP, you'll be the first one. Seriously, Beyond DOES let you make online games, and there are tens of completed, working, stable, games made with it. Why don't you try it out? it's free.
You can also try Game Maker, I'm not sure how easy it is, but there are online games made with it, and it's cheap(20$). You may also wanna try the professional program called Multimedia Fusion 2 (MMF2).
If you must use RMXP, well, don't make an online game.
Also, this isn't the place to ask for support, you better make a new topic.

I am looking for someone to make a jungle mapping tutorial, with this tileset:

jungle.png
*I already know how to do a square style jungle, but I don't think that's even good enough.

Well, I'm trying to make a mingame in RMXP where you have 2 people you can control, and switch by pressing a button. It would really help!! Thanks! :cheers:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.