Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request Tutorials Here!

Radma

You can say that I am a noob in RPG maker.

Is there a tutorial in how to make an object like a rock or picture you have or make move and try to hit you to take HP from you?

I want a tutorial for say, you picked up some dirt, and wanted to move it somewhere else. how do I make it so that my ant picks up ten bits of dirt with enter, and then it can drop them at the top of the hill with enter, where it wants. (Resolved)

And also, how do I make rooms where the character makes them? For instance my ant makes a little cave thing, and wants it to be a foodroom, so he goes to the inventory and equips the foodroom maker. he goes into the cave and pushes enter, and it becomes a foodroom square. how do I do that? (Resolved)

And finally, whenever my ant moves something inside the tunnel, and he goes outside the tunnel, (new map) the whole tunnel is reset! how do I fix this?

sup! im new here... im using RMXP... do we have a tileset tutorial here? i read the mapping tutorial of COS and i wanna know how to combine 2 tilesets into one map or do you do it manually like export the tilesets then combine them, then import them again for use?

and also i wanna know how to put facesets on RMXP like hte ones on RMVX

To put facesets into XP, you need a script. There is no basic face set command. Alternatively you could also show a picture where a face would go, but this is a lot of tedious work and doesn't look very good.

I like using Ccoa's UMS to show faces, as it can also do a lot of other cool things, like name display, and changing the position and size of the message box window. You may find a better script though.

Thank you for reading in advance

I've been need a tutorial for learning how to script. i've seen some really nice ones out there, but I cant really understand those all too well. I was wondering if someone could please give me a tutorial for learning how to script in RGSS2. Thanks

Joe

I would like a tutorial showing how to make a "dead" character unable to walk around or "lead". Not sure if this is possible... but if it is, I would greatly like a tutorial showing how to make that happen. :) Thanks.
I would need this for XP.

rasor

ok this might come off weird but im having a fair bit of trouble adding icons to the icon library.
ive downloaded it and imported it to the same folder as the other icon set but i cant make it show the icons when i go to weapon creation menu.

ive done a lot of work on XP but VX is so much different

i kindly request a tutorial on how to make scripts
i have been using scripts from others for so long now but i wanna try to make my own scrips
:bunny:

Hello there.
I'd like to suggest a "How to use multiple battle systems" tutorial for VX. The name is self explanatory, I hope.

I would like to see a "scripting a battle system" tutorial. I mean, people come in here all of the time asking for a battle system, I think we should show them how to make their own. You guys always point them to some website that teaches programming in ruby, but as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with rpg maker.

UMMX

How an Tutorial about making swipping char form one to the other. It seem my char is not showing up in the switch char screen.

I need a very advanced tutorial so I can master RPG Maker XP. I fanyone can make a Tutorial please post ASAP, otherwise I understand you can't and/or don't want to take and/or have the time to write it.

-CB

We already have a topic for requesting tutorials. No need to start a whole new thread for it. I've merged your post into it. Also please be a little more specific about what you want. And make sure you give the Tutorial archive a look-see. Thanks.
-Luminier

Brewmeister":1h00sluo said:
I still think this is one of the best tutorials for a noob to get started with. (even if it's never been completed, it gets you past all of the beginner questions, in an interactive way.)

Demystifying the Game Process

While I'm not the original requester, I will say that what is there is quite nice and very informative ... it's also missing some very important information and like many over "n00b" tutorials the coming soon tags are nothing more than the death note of the tutorial.

So, I request an expansive and understandable tutorial on the enemies and troops tabs in the database section. What do I mean by expansive. I mean that not only should abilities be described they should also be given context (i.e. str is the enemies relative strength which affects his ____ and affects the player character's ______ attempts) and examples to help the reader (whether me or someone else) associate with something to make understanding better.

Tutorial Request;

HUD;

Opacity: 50ish

|--------------|
| Face...Lvl: eg|
| Here ..........|
|--------------|
Hp bar along here
Sp Bar along here
Exp along here

Thats just a simle diagram, but if you could do it,
mmuch thanks ^_^

I think a good tutorial would be how to make it so the background on your graphics (such as characters and tilesets) can be deleted with photoshop, or a similar program. I downloaded the ultimate interior and exterior tilesets, and using the magic wand tool on photoshop is tedious for something like that, and even then, doesn't get the job completely done.

If you know of a tutorial like this that already exists, or if you or someone else makes one, please pm me. thanks :biggrin:

debo326":19g2jm0l said:
I think a good tutorial would be how to make it so the background on your graphics (such as characters and tilesets) can be deleted with photoshop, or a similar program. I downloaded the ultimate interior and exterior tilesets, and using the magic wand tool on photoshop is tedious for something like that, and even then, doesn't get the job completely done.

If you know of a tutorial like this that already exists, or if you or someone else makes one, please pm me. thanks :biggrin:
If you have photoshop, right click select colour range or color range, put fuzziness to 0 select the background colour hit ok, then hit Delete on your keyboard.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.