Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request Tutorials Here!

Okay, the last topic was incredibly outdated. If you would like to see a tutorial, please request it in this topic.

Some guidelines for requesters:
  • Be specific and detailed for what you want. (ie. what program (XP/VX), etc)
  • Don't request anything too specific. The purpose of a tutorial is to help out the community, not just you. Therefore all tutorials should have a general application.
  • In other words: Don't ask for SUPPORT in the form of tutorials. Use the support forum if you hvae a question.
  • There is NO guarantee that your request will be filled. People write tutorials on their own time and usually on subjects that interest them. The more you contribute to the community, the more likely it is that your request will be taken.

Good luck.

zero312":3dphlc0a said:
Well I am a N00B at rpgmakerVX.

I was wondering if there was any tutorials on making quests?

thank you

What do you mean by "making quests"? I've seen SO MANY PEOPLE ask the same thing and I have absolutely no idea what they mean. Please provide specifics.

I really think when people say "Making Quests" they refer to the usability of Switches, since that's the simplest and most efficient way of making "quests".

ok, so i'm trying to make a game called oakstory, and i need weapons/armours/items that have level limitations.

Well, since I'm a noob spriter, how about making a tutorial on how to place weapons in the characters hands, and various other common poses?

(I'm using RTP, call me unoriginal, I dunno I like it)

Could someone please make a tutorial on equipping weapons that shows up outside of battle? I know you can do it inside of battle, because Rye.jp's CBS has it. I don't know if the post above me is talking about the same thing, but I am assuming he is talking about outside of battle.

It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ark.

No, sorry for the bad wording. I meant a tutorial on how to sprite weapons in characters' hands. You know, adding weapons. Like creating an attack pose, a hit pose, a spellcasting pose, etc.

I just got into this whole VX thing, I got it just because it sounded cool. Where's a good tutorial I can start with that'll show me some essential things about the game?

dastmo

Can I request scripting tutorials for beginners??? May Adun guide the soul of the one who help me with this!!! :sad:

Hi.  I'd love a tutorial on how to make a door that requires a password to open it.  I'm horribly stuck.  I've got the dungeon, I've even made the event where the characters are told the four figure code.  I just can't figure out how to make it a password.  The input number tab asks you how many digits...4...I can do that.  Then it asks for a variable, that's where I get horriby stumped.  I have no idea what variables do or how they work.  Oh for a coded door.  Please help.  Thank you very much.

FutileFantasy":139p5zz9 said:
Hi.  I'd love a tutorial on how to make a door that requires a password to open it.  I'm horribly stuck.  I've got the dungeon, I've even made the event where the characters are told the four figure code.  I just can't figure out how to make it a password.  The input number tab asks you how many digits...4...I can do that.  Then it asks for a variable, that's where I get horriby stumped.  I have no idea what variables do or how they work.  Oh for a coded door.  Please help.  Thank you very much.

You don't a tutorial for this, I can just tell you now.

It asks for a variable because the number that the player inputs will be stored into a variable. For example, if the player inputs "7777", the variable will be set to "7777". Then, when you want to check if the number was correct, you'd use a conditional branch. Check if the variable is "7777" (make sure you're checking if it EQUALS the number, rather than being more than or less than).

Easy enough, right?

When I get to the next part of my tutorial, I'm going to expand on the light switch analogy. Variables are like those knobs that can make a light dimmer or brighter. There are hundreds of positions for it, rather than a simple "on" and "off", and those positions exist in numbers (1-99999 or something like that). Most of the time they're used very much like switches.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.