Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

Quintessence - The Blighted Venom

I'd download it, but I got stuck on chapter 5-6 [The part with the Reives and Lunaria sneaking. I don't like that kind of stuff]

This question probably has been answered, but how many chapters are you planning?

Sadly I have a strange kind of bug, so I can't go on... Whenever Idefeated those two knights in chapter 10 and the cutscene after it starts my pc crashes...
Damn, I wannt to know what happens next....

Edit: Never mind.... I just tried on a differnet computer and it worked... And now that I have seen the ending I wish I didn't see it... Did that really happen just now? If so: How could you do this? :sad:

@W31W:
14 Chapters in total. c: If you want, I can send you a save file past that part.

@RPG:
Thanks for playing guy!

@Dalton:
Ah, that's strange. . . Someone else had that problem too, but it went fine the second time she went through it. You did use the provided save file to continue, right?
And as for the ending; it doesn't show anything concrete, so who knows. :~ Not set in stone yet. Thanks for your time!

Well that gives me some hope then...
As for the savefile: No, I used the old one, but seeing that it worked fine on a different computer that doesn't seem to be the problem here :wink:

Loved your game from Chapter I-IX.

Didn't play much into Chapter X, but found some small "glitches"(I guess you would call them) in the 10 min. I played into it.

Glitch 1:
In the very far left tent, when you walk in there at your own will, if you walk on top of the letters(envelopes) on the left side, then keep going left, you can walk outside the the tent on the non-existant black abyss.

Glitch 2:
When I got the food to take to the "foreigners", I had to talk to them twice to actually give it to them.

Glitch 3 (Maybe):
I was walking back to the cabin where Lunair was being held. When I walked behind a giant tree, a rabbit saw me and ran behind the tree, but then my character couldn't move after that.
[This is what I think happened]: At that point I noticed my character was facing down when I got frozen but was initially facing right before the event, so I assume that my character was supposed to step backward at that time but there was a "rock" behind me so it caused me to freeze because the event couldn't finish.

Hey Reives. I was really really looking forward to playing this. So I downloaded the first chapter and am
treated to a beautiful opening. I finish the first puzzle and then, when I am able to proceed through the gate, I decide to try and check out the menu. I press the menu button, and the game freezes : (

I tried to go into the menu after loeading up the game again, and the game freezes. I'm not sure what it is or if it's a known bug (i didn't read all 1,000 + replies to this topic), so I'm not sure what to do about it. Any ideas? I'd really love to play your game.

@Dalton:
Ah, hm. I spent quite a while looking at that map's events and couldn't figure out what the problem was for sure, but I made a little change to something suspicious that might've caused it. Thanks for the heads up on that.

@gRaVi:
Eya, I remember you from quite a while ago! Good to see ya again, and thanks. Although I think I'm uploading a patched version of the game later today, which fixes a lot of the bugs - so it may be a good idea to wait 'till then.

@ITG:
Thanks a lot for the glitch report! I'll be sure to get those fixed right now and upload an updated version that takes care of those and others. Much appreciated, and hope ya enjoy. For now, you can avoid the rabbit problem by walking up from the center of the road instead of the the left.

@blueperiod:
I found the problem, it's a horribly stupid mistake on my end, my bad. I'll upload the fixed version later today, but right now you can still get through it by avoiding corners (near the gates) and pressing any keys other than arrow keys and enter, until you get through the first map. Thanks a lot for your time, and sorry about that!

Man, I am kind of proud that I could give Reives some support in making QtbV better :biggrin:

After I got over the shock of chapter 10's end I am really quite excited for chaper 11. I just hope it won't take so long this time :haha:

@gRaViJa:
It is now uploaded. :smile: The download should be secure now. Although, I was planning on announcing the re-release later tomorrow when the main website is ready to go in its entirety.

@Dalton:
Well without you guys and your feedbacks, there's no way that the project'd be where it is today. :p So thanks! And aye, chap 11 better not take as long as 10 (the gap between 9 and 10 was completely ridiculous; must've been half a year).

@W31WGamer:
Sure thing. Which sneaking part did you mean, by the way? When Lunair just got out of Aeria and are now sneaking back in with Reivier, with the A S D Z X C control?

reives i actully hacked your game i and saw your graphics but i did not use any of them i even got your script data but i also did not use.....please tell someone to help you script a secure file encryption script so that nobody can hack Quintessence i hope you understand my junks but i really did unencrypt Quintessence and i won't steal any thing of yours it is your thing and i won't touch them hope you would listen and please do not banned me i did not take anything.... of yours...

Eep, sorry for the late reply guys!

You can get the save file here(click), W31WGamer. The save file you want is either "Merman Vikon" or "A Day in Aeria". c: Although the intro has changed quite dramatically, and you might want to run through the first part of the game first.

@Mooglelow:
Heheh, thanks for the heads up! To be honest I'm not really that touchy about people opening it up and whatnot, so it's fine. After all, there'll always be ways of decrypting anyway. :p Feel free to look through the things if you want.

Hey red, wow, I haven't seen you for a long time! Good to see ya again, glad you could pop by. A lot has changed since then, heheh. Thanks for downloading again. *high five* Good times.

Here's the title screen and some info about the next chapter, Chapter XI:

]Click me for more info.

thank you maybe can i get your soilder sprites and sorry for spelling errors i am not good at english anyway your game is fun and i already completed it 2 hours ago....it kinda easy because i hacked it....if you can let me have your soilder sprite the one which holds two halberds.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.