Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pokemon X and Y

Glitchfinder":2ndfkgsj said:
I'm slowly becoming convinced that Ken Sugimori hates his job and wants out, but the only way he's willing to try to get out of it is to slowly degrade the quality of the pokemon franchise until he's fired or it fails.

Really? i thought 5th gen was best together with the second. Not to mention 2 of these 3 new pokes look gorgeous, the new starters look great and those legendaries are the best since lugia and ho-oh imo.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Also:

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and
Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor's English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
A few attacks will be dual-typed.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Yup, it's fairy, not flying, bug or dragon.

gogoat.jpg
The most pokemon-looking one yet at least. The rest seem sloppy and quick.

Jason":1jnw6mt0 said:
Also:

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and
Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor's English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
A few attacks will be dual-typed.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Yup, it's fairy, not flying, bug or dragon.

Fairy sounds gay as fuck. THOUGH, if clefable gets the fairy type I would be happy as fuck (because fairy seems like a end game destroyer, it's super effective against all best types).

And damn. Water gets dark subtype, GREAT JOB OF FORCING ME ON THE WATER TYPE (LIKE EVERY GEN) GAMEFREAK.

Also is that article sure its wtaer/dark and grass/fighting? Switch subtypes and you get a reversed triangle. Would seem more logical.

Jason

Awesome Bro

No idea lol, but I don't mind Fairy as a new type, lol... I'm more interesed in the fact that Mewtwo has two new forms, not only one, lol... I wonder what the second will look like, since we've already seen the first new form... turns out they're not mandatory either, yay!

Jason

Awesome Bro

Well, the first bit here is confirmed:

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

But it's nothing substantial, just the translations of certain things, and a video which is on the gamrconnect page anyway.

And you're right, the post above hasn't been confirmed yet, but I reckon most of it is pretty close to what we'll get... if Fairy is indeed a new type, I doubt it'll be that... overpowered, but judging from the eeveelution, it sort of looks like a possible fairy type now it's been mentioned, lol.

Jason":2rwf5hsu said:

But it's nothing substantial, just the translations of certain things, and a video which is on the gamrconnect page anyway.

And you're right, the post above hasn't been confirmed yet, but I reckon most of it is pretty close to what we'll get... if Fairy is indeed a new type, I doubt it'll be that... overpowered, but judging from the eeveelution, it sort of looks like a possible fairy type now it's been mentioned, lol.

I wouldn't really call it overpowered. But it could end the dominion of dragons (those are effing over powered atm).

Aepriz":bzjxfmd3 said:
Jason":bzjxfmd3 said:

I wouldn't really call it overpowered. But it could end the dominion of dragons (those are effing over powered atm).
I doesn't sound like fairy type pokemon are going to be a predominate type, unlike water or grass type, which I think is good. It should balance out dragon pokemon a bit more.

I dont really like the name of the type though, mainly because i just dont think it fits. I would of preferred something like sprite or light.

Those animations look sick!

9.jpg
8.jpg

5.jpg
7.jpg

The city's look gorgeous too

16.jpg
24.jpg

17.jpg
18.jpg

CUSTOMIZATION!

19.jpg
21.jpg

20.jpg
22.jpg

Various other shizzle

44.jpg
29.jpg

38.jpg
33.jpg

36.jpg
40.jpg

46.jpg
47.jpg

This shaping up sooooooooo fucking good. I thought they'd never top pokemon black II, but damn.

Wow.
I sw an earlier video and the only thing I am worried about is that the animations are going to take too long to go and it isn't going to be as fast as gen V battlesystem. I couldn't even replay gen IV because it went so slow.

C-0719":xhgcnkn0 said:
Aepriz":xhgcnkn0 said:
Amy":xhgcnkn0 said:
Holy crudbuckets that's gorgeous.

Imagine the added 3D.

I AM READY FOR THIS.
you put on 3D for like one fight and never use it again

I'm pretty sure i'll abuse the 3D in this. It already looks great in the zelda remake and fire emblem. this even has better base graphics so I bet the 3D will be downright gorgeous.

Jason":xhgcnkn0 said:

This.

So, I'm a big Pokemon nerd and I gotta say that I miss the way pokemon were drawn in the R/B/G days. Sugimori's old style had hard edges and a realistic feel to them (plus the water colors kicked ass). But, since then, they've become highly stylized (partly because fans wanted it to look like the anime and part because Sugimori's style changed to include thicker/rounder lines). Also, Sugimori hasn't left, but he's not the guy who designs them all these days. There's also a bit of nostalgia associated with it for me. Let's be real, magneton wasn't a groundbreaking design (dugtrio too) so it's kinda hard to say that klink's evo line was uninspired. I tend to warm up to the designs after a while, but I wish their official art was still done with the classic Sugimori style.

Regarding game play, yeah the main campaign hasn't changed much (8 gyms, elite 4) but the mechanics sure have. There's a lot of cool things you can do in battle and new pokemon really shake up the competitive battle scene.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.