Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pokemon X and Y

Jason

Awesome Bro

pipesnogger":398h949d said:
Jason":398h949d said:
I'm actually interested in the new direction of art style, I mean, I LOVE pixels, and it would've been nice to have a sort of, sprite characters on 3D backgrounds thing going on, sort of like Black/White but more defined, y'know? But I'm actually really digging the 3D models and stuff here, and the camera work makes the battles seem way more dynamic...
Yeah I think the 3d is a interesting direction. I'm more excited for the battles than anything else. I mean this is everyone's dream right here coming into reality. The models themselves look really nice for a handheld IMO but I'm not digging the landscapes?

Like I said above, Nintendo has really fleshed out their battle systems and customization over the years. The depth come more from the gameplay and training over anything else. They've really given players newer options over the years.

Oh yeah, in battles, the backgrounds and landscapes and such do look way too empty, hopefully they'll polish it up before release though? The more interesting thing about the battle system though really is the camera work, in my opinion anyways.

As for pokemon designs it really is a matter of opinion. I personally think the fifth gen is the best looking gen of pokemon. Each gen has its own style, respectively.

I am SO PUMPED for this.

I think the move to 3D will be kind on the new Pokemon too; like, they're made with a different art style in mind, so it won't matter as much if they don't "look like Pokemon". And the 3DS is definitely ready for 3D Pokemon. I thought it was dodgy in gen 5 with the sprites becoming pixelated because of the camera work, but they definitely couldn't have gone beack to full-2D battles; this looks AMAZING. And I reaaally like the deer. And Froakie!

Plus, the worldwide release is fantastic, and the announcement is probably the best bit of hype I've seen for Pokemon; god-knows how many people watching live from around the world, and they actually showed us something substantial upfront. They really got to the 10 year old inside of me.

The more I think about it, the more I like it.
Y'see. My initial reaction was "Hauuuraaaaooooblaaaahhhhg I'm not sure"
Now I'm like "3D? Awesome Deer looking thing? Super awesome worldwide release? Let's get this mother fucker shipped out."
I'm not going to get my hopes up with the story, but I'm going to get pumped that it's a new pokemon game, as for the actual design of the pokemon... If there is another fucking trash monster I will ragequit.

pipesnogger":3mizua33 said:
As for pokemon designs it really is a matter of opinion. I personally think the fifth gen is the best looking gen of pokemon. Each gen has its own style, respectively.

I kind of agree, while Gen5 obviously had some of the worst designs (klank and evos) they had A LOT op pokemons I consider among the best designed. I also hope they do the same thing from black/white ; NO EARLIER GEN POKES BEFORE FINISHING THE GAME. I really loved playing a game and testing all pokemons because I didn't knew any of them, made me feel like playing the original silver again (my first game ever).

edit; Gen 6 now officially has the coolest legendaries since ho-oh and lugia.
corocoro1132.jpg

corocoro113.jpg

Jason":3l3f494k said:
Wow, the bird is almost twice as tall as the deer, lol.
Its does have an awful big tail, most likely that's the reason

also pics rendered;
Yveltal.png

Xerneas.png

Again, these legendaries are beautiful.

Jason

Awesome Bro

I'm still not sure which to go for, I mean, like I said, I think the bird looks slightly better since the deer doesn't scream legendary to me... whereas the bird looks like Groudon, since it follows the same colours and to some extent, the pattern, which actually, now that I think about it, seems VERY lazy, and atleast there hasn't been any other deer looking legendaries... so I guess it IS more unique.

Hmm... I might just flip a coin.

C-0719":3ymdu2gp said:
i hate the new eeveeloution. its ugly... and i bet its ether normal, bug and dragon.... thats what the internet is saying

Actually the internet is saying flying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pse_I1klRhA

It looks kinda great in game, much like the starters the basic image isn't nice but the game content looks splendid.

I remember being really young and really into Pokemon! I watched the shows and played some board game. I even collected the cards!

I NEVER played a Pokemon game before, and if I did I would probably be a girl and use only cute ones.

My favorite is Vulpix, and I see the pink one being uber cute. Though, I still won't be getting it.

I'm not really into Pokemon anymore, though maybe because my ex-boyfriend used to play it non-stop at our home when we only had one TV (he used the TV), and a computer with no internet. XD In short: Damn you ex, damn you!

*whispers* Of course after that I wrote a horrific story about a girl kidnapped by a demon. Oh dear. Oh dear indeed.

New pokes;

yancham.jpg

Fighting

yayakoma.jpg

Flying/fire

gogoat.jpg

grass

elilizard.jpg

electric/normal

same as the former, new style doesn't look good. Except for the ingame models, who look gorgeous.

Love these new guys

I'm slowly becoming convinced that Ken Sugimori hates his job and wants out, but the only way he's willing to try to get out of it is to slowly degrade the quality of the pokemon franchise until he's fired or it fails.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.