Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

OFFICIAL HBG SERVER - Discuss Here!

When I'm able to get on just hit me up for what you lost and I'll give it to you. Within reason-- I know what's possible to do in less than a day, lol :P

Besides I've been cool and have randomly doled out charity to most everyone at some point.

Can't help but feel bad though :(

So, I'm going through the list of plugins to see what has and hasn't been updated and/or tested for compatibility with 1.1.

Officially Updated/Tested

BoatBug
bPermissions
DispNameChanger
LWC
Mendel's Sheeps
Mob Drops
Mob Spawns
Mobs
Permissions
SimpleClans
Spout
SpoutTrade*1
Vault

May Require an Update

BlockDoor
Citizens
CitizenSkins
CommandBook
CreeperControl
Essentials
EssentialsChat
EssentialsProtect
EssentialsSpawn
Jail
MobArena
MoneyDrop
MyWolf
neoPaintingSwitch
Pail
PorteCoulissante*2
SpoutShops
SpoutWallet

May Require an Update, but no Public Repository is Available

GUI Creator
SuperSpawn
WorldPlus

No Longer Supported by Author

bPermissions WebGUI*3

Other Reasons

NoLagg*4
WorldEdit*5
WorldGuard*6

*1 This one APPEARS to be up to date, based on comments. The last time it was modified was before the release of 1.1.
*2 I've never worked with svn before, so updating this one is a bit iffy.
*3 This is currently unsupported due to security holes. Despite the convenience it offers, I recommend you remove it.
*4 This has been updated, but the current version results in extremely slow chunk load times. (Which is totally contradictory to the plugin's purpose, and kinda funny as such)
*5 This HAS been updated, but there appear to be issues with map corruption and errors, so it would be advisable to wait for a patch.
*6 This has not been updated, and updating it would require a bit of in-depth editing of the code, rather than just recompiling against the latest bukkit build.

However, even if all of these were up to date, I found while reading comments that many plugin authors are waiting for yet another RB of bukkit that appears to be near release, and that it would be advisable to do the same.

Thanks for the help, Glitch. I have no choice but to wait until WorldGuard gets a complete update -- Absolutely everything would break if I didn't have that.
Honestly, when checking for doing sweeping updates, you only really need to check WorldGuard, SimpleClans, BlockDoor, bPermissions, MobArena, Citizens, CitizensSkins, Essentials, and LWC. The rest are MOSTLY just gravy that the server COULD do without, if necessary. But if even one of those listed plugins isn't updated and breaks, the whole server is kind of screwed :(

I do believe the server is down atm. I'm getting a connecttion refused: connect error, which generally only shows up when a minecraft server is actually down and the host computer is refusing the connections it would normally take.

Sorry fellers, the house apparently experienced a blackout or or brownout or something when I wasn't looking. Though it's not throwing all the usual errors that happen when a blackout occurs. IDK.

At any rate, it is up now.

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Well Im still New to the Server so I spent an Hour or so just running around
the Main city yesterday...

I learned about

- The Money Sytem...
- Buying/selling to NPC's in Bazzar.
- Repairing equipment at the Black Smith.
- and a few little things here and there.

I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to bed...
So I got online and started mining just outside the city...

- I kinda took out a big chunk of Sand/Dirt/Gravel/ect.

Right now, after selling un-needed goods, I have a full set of Diamond Armor,
Sword, PickAxe, Axe, Shovel... and a bucket out water.

:tongue:

wow you've been busy :O

i'm going to sit down and try to update the server tonight, so hopefully it should be more populated/busy after I get that done.

Oh great and powerful pharaoh, you keep promising an update then getting distracted and not delivering. Are you sure you don't have ADD or ADHD or something?

I definitely do.
But other than that I also work a lot, and though last night I didn't really care to work late again, I had decided that I deserved a night of doing something to alleviate a big pile of stress I've been having heaped on my shoulders, by beating Limbo finally. And it was nice to slough off some stress and relax!

Rest assured, it'll happen. Probably tonight actually b/c my work has died down slightly until Monday.

Fusty

Sponsor

Hey ven, don't know if you know this but Minecraft 1.2 "might" be released next week.

Jeb:
Not doing up-side-down half-slabs right now, but maybe later. Next week will be bug-fixing week for a possible 1.2 release
So you might wanna skip updating to 1.1, since you'll probably have to update it again soon... (Unless the plugins you use update slowly, ofcourse..)

Also, with that update comes a new biome, the jungle, but it will only appear in new worlds or non-generated chunks..
Will you be adding the biome manually or will we be playing without it¿?

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

So I just finish reading the "ARC 1" storyline and I think it's pretty cool...

Now that Fusty & Me saved the Pharaoh, Is that Added to the stories ARC?

& Will there be more? Can I help with possible additions?

How much wood could a Wood Chuck chuck if a Wood Chuck had a flamethrower?

Fusty

Sponsor

Yeah 1.2 is going to be a pretty cool update, I'm especially psyched for the increased height limit! (Since I'm building a city in the sky on my own server.)

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Hehe, don't worry about them, take the time you need to do what needs to
be done in your life FIRST and formost...

Then whenever it is more convenient for you, and If you feel like it...

Update... :grin:

Venetia":nml5m7yz said:
SHIT. it crashed. i'll get it back up within the hour. have to go home.

It crashed? I was just destroying a tree I grew. Dunno why that would crash it. But I was the only person on, so I'm PROBABLY the reason it crashed.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.