Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

OFFICIAL HBG SERVER - Discuss Here!

General Server Discussion

Talk about anything in relation to the server here!

(If you have any special events you'd like to set up, or harrowing stories you'd like to tell, you can also make a new topic in this forum!)

Note: the NPCs are not properly trading.

Don't hit a guard!

Don't forget to see the Welcome Center!

The Mob Arena is fun as hell! It's just beyond the main gate. If it acts like you're stuck in it though, type /ma leave. But it's a good way to make money.

A few lots have been sold!

No one has started the contest yet.

No one is properly guarding their bases! Oh no D:

I want to log on and buy a lot, but my Internet is being a big dick and not working well, and I can't open Spoutcraft for some reason. :( Has anyone bought lot 22 yet? I want that one.

Love the server so far. Definitely overwhelming at the spawn point, but that's awesome! Has anyone else had trouble with writing their names on the plaques over beds in the barracks? Was told I didn't have permission.

Hey Ven, can we get a discount on mass property buys? I think I might want to buy my entire block. Also, can you give me perms for vizier's room?

By the way, can you add Jargner to the whitelist as one of the Grey Dissenters? I'll fill him in on stuff.

2D3000":1o4txaz6 said:
Love the server so far. Definitely overwhelming at the spawn point, but that's awesome! Has anyone else had trouble with writing their names on the plaques over beds in the barracks? Was told I didn't have permission.
You may not be added to a team. Ask your team leader to invite you.

I will have to add the additional people I have not added to the whitelist tomorrow when I need to do a server reboot in an attempt to fix some bugs.

Perihelion":1o4txaz6 said:
Hey Ven, can we get a discount on mass property buys?
I wanted to sort of discourage mass-buys of property so it looks like there are lots of individual buildings, instead of a small number of giant ones.

The 1st one (ending today) is half off ... All others after are full price.

Glitch & Kaludan now technically own 2 properties so if you want to buy multiples that's fine ... Just try to let other people get a crack at buying land for a day or two first before snapping up a whole lot of them :)

Okay, that's fine. Do you mind if I buy just two lots and merge them, or do you not want to do lot-merging? Also, can we give you cogs for stuff till the merchants are fixed?

GeneralFlea/SageCrowley just bought the big ol' Lot 12.

The half-off lot sale ends tonight so better snatch up property, to those that haven't, while it's still on the super-cheap!

Perihelion":1uv1ytkx said:
Do you mind if I buy just two lots and merge them, or do you not want to do lot-merging?
My goal was to keep all the lot parcels easy to re-sell if the owner ever chooses to, or if they ever quit the server. So the rule here is that each lot should have its own solitary building on it. If you own adjacent lots, I will allow "bridges" or "tunnels" between the buildings. Let me know what borders will bleed over, and I will give you permission to build over or under the borders.

I just don't want to see superfortresses or gigantic block-hogging structures which are impossible to split up. Makes the city look like less of a populated town, and more like just a space where a few people decided to build some giant things.

Example:
[ A ][ B ]
[ C ][ D ]

Let's say you own A, B, & C, and someone else owns D. That city block of 4 parcels should still look like there are 4 separate buildings on it, not 1 superstructure that encompasses A/B/C, and 1 small building on D.

However, since you own A, B, & C, I will allow you to build minor bridges or tunnels that connect each of your lots. And if the owner of D allowed it & you agreed, I'd allow them to connect their lot to your lots by bridge or tunnel. The lapis lazuli borders should remain intact though (so I can easily divvy up lots later, if need be, or if you choose to sell).

Perihelion":1uv1ytkx said:
Also, can we give you cogs for stuff till the merchants are fixed?
Yeah I have been handling buying & selling while the vendors are broken. If you need to sell some big-ticket things, or buy some from me, let me know. I have a pricelist ... I should turn it into a PDF and share it. Just don't get frivolous w/ me about it ... It takes me some time to check prices and manage the money :P.

Speaking of, I seriously cannot figure out why the vendors refuse to work. If someone fixes them for me, I will pay you. Like $20? Honestly name your price ... They just need to be fixed!

I can share my config files with you, just shoot me a PM.
What irks me is that they WERE working, just fine, for like 10 minutes. Then something broke :/

DAILY UPDATE

* NPC Vendors are fixed! Hooray ~

* The MyWolf plugin is going to be removed due to conflicts. I'll try to replace it with another pet-owning plugin. If you own any named wolves, they may be in Doggy Heaven when you log in after tonight :( I'm sorry!

* The Arena has had some changes in its mob-spawning locations. Should be less unfair now! Will try to alter classes tonight, to add health potions and make it a little more fair all around. There are 28 possible waves, and I'd really like to see some people make it to ATLEAST wave 20 :)

* Still not seeing any progress on Contest #1! Have I mentioned that there will be a Cog prize to all members of the winning team (and to any Grey Dissenters who help them)?

* The 1/2 off sale for land parcels is over! :( Don't worry, there may be another sale soon :)

* I'm happy to announce though that lots 12, 24, and 20 have been sold!

* It appears that Yeyinde and GeneralFlea have begun some very cool structures on Vault Island.

* I will be posting a World Map this week.

* The economy is getting a revamp tonight ... Don't be alarmed! Prices for things will appear to drastically skyrocket. But so will selling prices. So you may want to hold onto your saleable items 'til then :)

* Big, huge thanks to Theory (Ripsand) for helping me with revamping the economy :D

* Some very cool buildings have been made, or ARE being made, all over Sprocket! Check 'em out! Especially big props to Glitchfinder, who figured out a way to make lights appear around his lot when the power grid is active!

* The server will be pulled down for maintenance for about 15 minutes at some point this evening ... If you try to log in and can't, wait 15m or so, and try again :)

* Tell us about the interesting things you've done, made, explored, or seen!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Earn COGS or TEAM POINTS for SCREENSHOTS!

Post screenshots of super cool things you find in the world, and I'll give you what I think they're worth!
Are there any easier ways to make a quick Cog or Team Point?
... Well, there are, but this one is also pretty easy.

Tuna

Awesome Bro

This looks awesome! I probably won't be on as much as I'd like to be, but I'm still looking forward to it! Great job putting all of this together, Ven!

edit: Your Spoutcraft link is broken, by the way. I would redirect here until they get it fixed. Also, the Spoutcraft executable file may require admin privileges to run properly.

Tuna":20jeyi15 said:
edit: Your Spoutcraft link is broken, by the way. I would redirect here until they get it fixed. Also, the Spoutcraft executable file may require admin privileges to run properly.
Thanks! Added the alternate link.

Also Tuna you're now whitelisted :D
When you see Glitch, tell him to add you to his team.

Tuna

Awesome Bro

Yeah, my framerate is as miserable as I expected it to be. I'll probably only get on when I'm at my friend's house. Thanks for adding me, though!

(SEMI) DAILY UPDATE!

* The economy was revamped last night! Prices to buy things will look about 10-15x higher ... But sell prices are also higher :).

* Mobs don't drop a whole lot of Cogs, so it's not worth it to farm them ... That will be fixed as soon as I know what is causing them to be passive to some players.

* A few more lots were sold ... Gotta update map for that and new lot prices. Basically for the most part, they're 10x higher.

* There's a new Blacksmith Apprentice in Cogs of War (Cliff's shop), named Joey. If you R-Click him with a thing that's damaged, he'll repair it! (For a price!) (Also I need to adjust prices later)

* Theory (Ripsand) and Bacon (pipesnogger) conquered the Temple of Trials!

* Glitchfinder found Baba Yaga's Hut!

* If you paint a sheep with dye, and breed it with another dyed sheep, it will have offspring that has a mix of its parents colors!

* Personalized pet wolves are working now! To claim & customize your special wolf (you can only have ONE!):

1.) Tame a wolf by R-Clicking it with bones. You'll know it's tame b/c it will fart out hearts at you and wear a colored bandana around its neck.

2.) Get a STRING, and then L-Click the wolf with the string. You'll get some text on the screen saying some stats on it. Wolves level up by travelling with you and killing monsters!

3.) Type /wolfname [Your pet's name]. You can use spaces in the name. After it teleports once or twice, the name will appear above its head.

4.) To call your wolf, type /wolfcall. To get rid of it forever, type /wolfrelease [name of wolf]. When killed, your pet will respawn after a few minutes. It despawns when you exit the server. If it's not following you and you need it, just type /wolfcall. To stop it from attacking something, type /wolfstop.

5.) After your wolf has levelled up some, you can set its behavior, or access its little wolfy inventory (so it's like a mule)! See the COMMANDS PDF for more commands.

6.) You can set your wolf's skin to any wolf-sized skin texture .png! Type /wolfskin [wolfname] [URL of wolfskin.png], and it's done. Hooray :D Bark bark

Tuna":24h4c63x said:
Yeah, my framerate is as miserable as I expected it to be. I'll probably only get on when I'm at my friend's house. Thanks for adding me, though!
Don't forget to set your OpenGL to Fast. It should help somewhat.

Tuna

Awesome Bro

I don't have any dedicated GPU, or even any OpenGL compatibility on my integrated Intel chip, so it's really hopeless to try to run Minecraft on my laptop.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.