Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Kailis

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Muse":3j1qji4w said:
Y'know, I would've left a comment much sooner had I known that this was in the 'Completed Games.' =d

Anyway, I'll have to try out the demo as soon as I spring clean my poor old comp. I like lots of dialogue, so that won't be a problem at all! The only problem I imagine I might have with playing it is...Is it ABS? (Wait...I think I already asked that...*fails* XD)

Hah, I guess that is true, it gets shadowed by the more well known projects ^_^;;.

It's an old buggy demo, just to get the full potential be sure not to do anything you think would cause a problem, cause it most likely will.

I clean my comp atleast 1 time a month or once ever 2 months. Last time I cleaned my desktop I have 3 desktop folders now. One from my last computer, One from the 2nd to last time I cleaned house, and now another from last month, i've been good though keeping it clean this time around.

The game is in ABS, it will be more explained in the next demo. Once Arbie ( <3 :3 )finishes the HUD script and editting the battle scripts I can begin setting up enemies once more, since we switched systems due to Mr.Mo pretty much being inactive and or not replying to my questions for the HUD and system.
~Axe

For those who wish to know where completion of this game is at the moment, we all had a lot of plans come up recently, especially with my birthday 9 days ago, I have been playing with Fluffins and my new laptop still. I was working on the new menu graphics, which I will finish up sometime. Along with my request station stuff it has slowed me down a little, but kept me busy while waiting for new materials to be made and released to me to work with.

In the end of getting all my finalized resources such as tilesets. I may completely start with a blank canvas for Episode 1. I started working with the game from a copy of the original game, since then I have dramatically replaced graphics, created over 50 different maps for different purposes, wrote tons of text and eventing, wrote the actual game script out, redesigned dungeons, and more so many times that this copy has become somewhat corrupted, obsolete, and useless to me.

So instead of continuing with that, I will start with a fresh RMXP Project File and Folder, upload the necessary resources to get the game running to par as before, lessen the filespace it takes, which is at the moment over 100mb, and also it will help me organize my maps once more instead of scattering them all over the place after having an organized way of displaying them for the previously anticipated "full" game of Kailis.

I really hope to release some new stuff to the communities that support this game and give back to it. I want to make this project shine and I think that would be my best course of action. All I can say i hope for is that we have episode 1 ready for you all before the year is up, and hopefully before fall if I get lucky with my resource management skills and project leading skills. It takes a lot for me to lead not only Kailis, but LIFE, Memory, Breeze Revolutions, a Ghost Within Time.... Basically leading Luna Productions is difficult on me at times, but I've been told by real life colleagues and members of my production team that I hold great management skills that some people just lack.

In short, I hope you all will frequent not only this topic, but also our forums and keep active with this game, you are our life blood and I basically bleed Kailis if you were to hurt me. I hope that I can provide some adequate updates within the next few weeks for sure.
~Axe

Alright, here is an update with something you can actually see along with it.
This is a little something special my artist made for us, I hope you enjoy it.
Luna Caramelldansen

Also we have a new Luna sprite which I have to update things with in a while, new artwork being made, and 8 songs that are ready. I will see if he will make samples to listen to sometime. I will update in the next few days with some more stuff to view, so check back.
~Axe

Hello all,
Boy do I have a treat for you all.
I created animated GIFs of animations that will be seen in the game here for you all. Feel free to comment. They go in this order, Chest Open, Climbing, Dashing (We need to change her head bounce on top and bottom frames), Hair Blowing,Jumping, Sneaking Swimming, and Pressing a Switch.
http://rpgrevolution.com/lunaproduction ... hestAn.gif[/img]http://rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/images/LunaClimbAn.gif[/img]http://rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/images/LunaDashAn.gif[/img]http://rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/images/LunaHairAn.gif[/img]http://rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/images/LunaJumpAn.gif[/img]http://rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/images/LunaSneakAn.gif[/img]http://rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/images/LunaSwimAn.gif[/img]http://rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/images/LunaSwitchAn.gif[/img]

In addition to the sprites animations this was a special gift given to me. I knew about what type of gift I was going to receive, but this was beyond my expectations. It was a months worth of work in the making. Because when I received it, it was simply a drawing and nothing more.
So I present to you our next game poster. However, this poster has more to do with the series as a whole as opposed to the episode at hand. So I will leave you with this and your speculations of who the guy on the right is. Guess his name or relational status to the characters of the story and you get a cookie ;)
~Axe
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/lunaproduc ... rSmall.png[/img]

I thought I recognized the artwork style and coloring  ^^. Very nice visual treats Axe, I love the animations for your breeze sprites. (hasn't an idea as to who the chara might be) Another hint please? -_-;

SakuraPhoenix":218j3pgc said:
I thought I recognized the artwork style and coloring  ^^. Very nice visual treats Axe, I love the animations for your breeze sprites. (hasn't an idea as to who the chara might be) Another hint please? -_-;
Thanks, I'm glad you like what we have!
He is a sibling, but of whoooo. I doubt you'll be able to guess his name. So don't worry about that.

Man I am craving this demo! I think this would be one of the first major Breeze games out there.

If you could, maybe just give us a simple demo that we can get excited about? The RTP one bores me and I am craving the Breeze style.

I can't wait for the demo.

Xaixis":tu9iecdf said:
Man I am craving this demo! I think this would be one of the first major Breeze games out there.

If you could, maybe just give us a simple demo that we can get excited about? The RTP one bores me and I am craving the Breeze style.

I can't wait for the demo.

We are currently trying to get some more pieces to create a tech demo for our team to see how mechanics run, then after that it is onto the rest of the demo. We have 1 more song to go for the demo, i will be sure to get a sample list up for people of the songs.

I can say, that the first dungeon-ish place that you start out in is already mapped out and has most of its working events in there, excluding enemies, I have to set them up once I get the new battle system. We are awaiting the HUD to be finished, battle system script to be finished and editted, and a few other scripts to be changed. I may release our tech demo after our team has their try with it and notes any specific bugs they find, then release another one to a select few people who are interested in Alpha testing.

As for the full demo, it will be a bit, along with those select few things for the tech demo, we need quite a few more tilesets, more artwork, and 3-4 more songs left, along with me actually mapping and eventing the game. So it may be a while longer for that, but it is going faster than it was :)
~Axe

Update:

Hello all,
So I know some of you may be curious where we are on progress right now. Well here is the news you've been looking for. I'll first start by saying that we are already on version 0.5 of the tech demo releases, which means i've released 5 of them to my team already, each with new content to try, currently I have "most" of the skills in the database, I do have all the animations for Attacking, Defending, Running, Jumping, Sneaking, Swimming, Climbing, Using Switches, Opening Chests, Skill Casting, and Attack Skills. This was a lot of work to set up because quite a few required sprite editing on my part to work with our new battle system.

Our battle system is up and running. I have been testing enemies and new stuff out with them as I can. I pretty much have the algorithm for the battles set up, I'm sure later down the line I may adjust something to make it more balanced in the end.

Here is an example that basically is exactly as you would see it in game minus custom voices, sound effects, and animations.

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/lunaproduc ... mation.gif[/img]

We recently as well got a new team member who does custom animations and they have been absolutely gorgeous so far.

For those who don't know, we switched our musician so there will be a whole new slew of songs for the demo and episode when we release it, but for those who want a taste now, you can click here. There are 4, 30 second or so, samples of the music that will be in the game... And those songs aren't even the better ones. As well, on our main page and blog pages you can listen to the entire theme song for the game.

We had quite a few team members go on summer vacations, currently I am waiting for our artist and our new scripter to get back into the flow of things, but I like to let people get back on their own time, so I don't bug them. As well a few of our sprites were on vacation, so production has been slow and is picking up slowly more and more. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask, I will leave our update at this for now.

~Axerax

wow, this is looking wonderful! *nods*
I have been following the development on this for a long time so I am really excited to see it coming along ^_^
The battle animation looks awesome and I also all the other little movements you posted a few months ago.
I love all the variety of that, it really sets a game apart with all the attention to detail.
Thank you for the update ^_^

Hi Ax!  I'm just letting you know that I'm still around... I'll try to get you the theme song as soon as possible.  I've been pretty wrapped up trying to get back into my game ("Blue Star") and also finishing up the indie projects I'm helping with (plus work of course).  It's like never-ending work, haha... but you probably understand that since you're so devoted to your game!  Anyways, I'll let you know as soon as it's finished.

miss matcha":1z5lr7sz said:
Hi Ax!  I'm just letting you know that I'm still around... I'll try to get you the theme song as soon as possible.  I've been pretty wrapped up trying to get back into my game ("Blue Star") and also finishing up the indie projects I'm helping with (plus work of course).  It's like never-ending work, haha... but you probably understand that since you're so devoted to your game!  Anyways, I'll let you know as soon as it's finished.

Just to inform you. I will be leaving for 9 weeks in 20 days. So hopefully you can get that done before then. I understand how busy you are, but felt I should let you know anyways :D

Crunkbanker":1z5lr7sz said:
wow, this is looking wonderful! *nods*
I have been following the development on this for a long time so I am really excited to see it coming along ^_^
The battle animation looks awesome and I also all the other little movements you posted a few months ago.
I love all the variety of that, it really sets a game apart with all the attention to detail.
Thank you for the update ^_^

I really appreciate the comment. Yep we are trying to definitely let this stand out and so far it sounds as if we've done a good job so far. Thanks for the comment again!

Alright,
Well most people who hang out with me on IRC (not #RMXP) have probably seen these already, but it is still good enough for me to show you all.
This is some new progress from Episode 1. We are in alpha testing stages. At the moment we still don't have our Heads-Up Display and I have no idea when it will be finished. My team hasn't had a problem testing it without as it is. Anyways, our logo is our splash image for the screenshots, sorry if it detracts any value. Well enough ranting from me, here are the screenshots. These may be the last ones I get a chance to put up for a good 10 weeks, cause I am leaving the monday after next.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/ ... creen1.png[/img]
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/ ... creen2.png[/img]

~Axerax

NOES! Aw man! I was really hoping for a demo soon... guess we will have to wait at LEAST 10 weeks for a demo =(

Man this is like my no.1 tracked game

Xaixis":16shdakk said:
NOES! Aw man! I was really hoping for a demo soon... guess we will have to wait at LEAST 10 weeks for a demo =(

Man this is like my no.1 tracked game
It may even be longer then that, if I DO get all the resources in while I'm away it'll take a good week or so for me to work it all in and perfect it, I may release an open Alpha, which will be the ONLY alpha demo released with the series, since most of the mechanics aren't going to change.

I'm already excited to even be able to release that. If I get our HUD finished and menu fixed up within this week, then you can expect to see it before I go, if not it will either come soon after I get back or the beta demo will be out soon after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.