Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Kailis

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This material that is listed below is a duplicate of what we display on our website If you would like to view it in the shape and form it was supposed to be viewed, please visit the website. To discuss the game in more detail please create new topics and ask us about the game on our forums.

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/lunaproduc ... /story.jpg[/img]
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/lunaproduc ... acters.jpg[/img]

King Shalma, Lokii, and Ryve do not have artwork done yet as well, they will also be updated as the materials come in!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/ ... Poster.png[/img]
The Episode 1: Prophecies Poster

I plan to add more posters over time as we get them made, usually 1 per episode and possibly others if we make them.

For our latest screenshots please visit our Gallery Section of the Kailis Website

That is about all for my game, if anyone has any questions about it I will explain in more detail then, I wanna keep this short and sweet. Also I am going to credit everyone who helped with graphics.

Public Demo V1.0
Here is the official link to the OLD Episode 1: Prophecies (Demo). It is in RTP and does not depict new stuff we show you in screenshots now, it also has a far more different way of telling episode 1, the new demo once released will be much more different and we will likely take this link down once it is finished. I also do not plan to fix or update anything with this demo as it is already obsolete compared to what materials and story material we have now, so you don't need to post bugs or anything, we know about them and have no intentions of fixing these since the next demo will cover that and more.

Warning! This demo has no playable content other than the tutorial map which you can go to at the title screen! Don't complain to me, I warned you! It is full of cutscenes to show the older storyline and give people an understanding of the story itself, not the playable content!

Link 1: Old RTP Version of Episode 1 Demo.

Current Events:
Resource Rally, we are in a big stage of development where most of all we need for episode 1 is simply resources ranging from musical scores, spriting, art, and scripting. Our storyline is finished and production of Episode 2's script is already underway of being developed so we can release it 'hopefully' soon after episode 1 since a lot of our resources will be reused, while new ones will be added over time.

I hope this keeps everyone happy for a bit till another good update!
Thanks for your interest in Kailis as always, from Luna Productions/Oceanwave Studios/Dragonfly Studios (Limited).
~Axerax

Want to Help?
We are currently seeking experienced spriters for many animations, NPC's, and Monsters in the game. The style is Breeze. I need the spriters to be able to sprite from scratch animations for characters. As well I might ask to have some older characters revamped for a new look like most of the characters have been, though most are done now. So please let us know if you want to help sprite for Kailis, we really need you!

For the fans! If you are a fan, feel free to contribute art, comics, story scenarios, fan fictions, music tributes, and more till your heart is content. Also please spread the word about our forum so our fanbase can continue to grow!

Want to Support Kailis?
Then use these special User Bars.
I will add more over time as we have more characters done!

Kailis: The Crystal Souls - Episode 1: Prophecies' release dates are unannounced at the moment due to us just getting back in shape with the project. We will announce any releases closer to time.

Our website is at http://www.rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/kailis
Our forums are at http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/?showforum=82

Create new topics to ask our team questions, contribute fan art and other pieces, and watch as our game unfolds in development! Updated regularly when updates are available!
As well this topic will still be updated regularly as well when we have smaller updates it will show, for more details about our updates please visit the topic labeled Updates.

Please stay tuned!

~Axerax~

Well thank you,
I've a plan to send it into a company when it's all complete and see where it goes from there, I already have started plans for the sequal and final game. Mainly maps and some breif descriptions of what happens.

(For anyone whom this concerns, I will ask for permissions before I release any of my game to the public for sales. As well I do not plan on releasing until I have a copyright on my game.)

-Updated the character descriptions and the short story description, it now lists events not told within the game, but explains more about what happens and pokes hints at what may happen within the game.

Wow, I can't wait for Episode 1. And judging from your character descriptions and screenshots, it's going to be one heck of an episode.

The only thing that might be a minor problem is the font. Kind of a bit hard to read, but not so much. Anyways, I wish you good luck for your project and your commitment. 5 Years is a lot ^^

I have had a lot of time to make descriptive backgrounds for each character, by the way, each episode will include a special subcharacter, A cookie for the one who can guess the Subcharacter of this one :P

I will make the game full screen with a script, I have yet to input one, it is actually easier to read in full screen. You'll get use to it, was hard for me as well, but I have adjusted to it, only reason is it was a handwritten font I believe, then set to a Truetype font.

looks awesome, but I can't find a easy way or a good system to edit and make your own characters oh and when can you send me the full screen script please? Oh and how many people help you make these?

L3ke9999;131382 said:
looks awesome, but I can't find a easy way or a good system to edit and make your own characters oh and when can you send me the full screen script please? Oh and how many people help you make these?

Thank you,
At about a year ago I had about 6 people working on this game along side of me. 2 Scripters, 2 Graphical people, a subcharacter writer, and a musician.

Now It just consists of me, my new musician and dialogue correction cordinator. I have also used outside resources in addition to my production crews work. As some things we did not have the experience to accomplish.

I am actually looking for more help for whomever may want to help, but it is more of a personal request thing than me posting about it. If people are intrested in helping I am open for taking new people.

As I know many people dislike the font, but trust me, when you see it in fullscreen it will look much better, I can't make the screenshots better, let alone I don't know if you know, but it really isn't supposed to give anything away.

Whenever I add the Fullscreen script I'll send you the link, just give me time, it messes up my computer and makes testing annoying because of the full screen and not being able to close it.

I'm glad many people are taking a liking towards this game once more, I am hoping our team can get this out soon.

no problem and also, I really need help making new tilesets for my game, it seems really hard because I'm not good at graphics yet because I haven't had any experience, due to being 13 XD but can you give me any tips in graphics?

also can I download this game anyway?

Do NOT double post. The Edit button doesn't bite, I swear.

Daeq

Age doesn’t usually make a difference with anything you do. There are a lot of Spriting Tutorials out there that you could use as reference, but a lot of people just make large or simple edits to the Original RTP package contained within RPG Maker XP. Google Graphics Gale and download the free edition. It is probably the easiest Spriting Application I know of being that I’ve sprited several Ragnarok Online Jobs with it ;). Open the Tile Sets from RPGMXP and use any tile set as A) Reference and/or B) Editing. Later on when you create your own style (Hopefully), you will discover that there is no need to be using the RPGMXP style.

Tips:
-Follow the classes here on the RMXP Forums (Pixel Academy)
-Check out This Website.
-Use References. Making things straight off the top of your head are some times good, but using a Reference for the right proportions, colours and definition is better. Spriting works in a similar way that Drawing and Design do.
-Find an Artist and use his/her style as Inspiration, eventually creating your very own Style of Pixel Editing / Art.
-Show it off. Showing off your pieces of work and asking for ‘Constructive Criticism’ is always best as half the time you’re wanting to impress yourself but you also (If wanting to create Games) want the views of players and other artists.

Have fun.

L3ke9999;131490 said:
no problem and also, I really need help making new tilesets for my game, it seems really hard because I'm not good at graphics yet because I haven't had any experience, due to being 13 XD but can you give me any tips in graphics?

also can I download this game anyway?

Do NOT double post. The Edit button doesn't bite, I swear.

I am not currently working on tilesets, as I combine and mix different tile sets to get the ones I use. All of the things I use are RTP style as well. I do though have a game development help thing I do on occasions when I am home to do them, usually on fridays. Send me a PM about this later and I will tell you how to go about getting help.

Now for downloading the game, the episode is only going to be around an hour and a half long in itself, so releasing a demo would give away about half the game. The only people allowed to see it at this current moment in time are friends near me and my production crew. So I have to deny this request, I'm sorry... I may come out with a teaser of some sort later, but atm I have a lot on my plate and can't make this right now.

Okay, i received your PM and i think i can help. Uh, to start off, your characters are merely recolors, except for Luna. I can somehow help with that. But you use the INTERACTIVE MOUSE SYSTEM. I like that. I am planning to use it too. This game is nice.

Good Luck! :)

I'm glad it is impressing everyone, me and my team have worked quite hard to make this project the way it is, I appreciate any help for it I can obtain :)
~Axerax~

Hehe, it's okay don't worry about it.

Minor Update: Things may be pushed down some for a little while, I have finals next week, slowing my work, but not hindering me from working at all. As well I recently obtained new members for the crew of Kailis, I'm giving them new assignments and should see some progress soon :)
~Axerax~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.