Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Gantz- The Game of Death(all are welcome! Rated R)

Victor Is somewhat stunned by what just occured but quickly recovers. He runs over to where John is.*He's the best fighter we got besides Haru. We can't lose him or we'll all be dead.* Victor thinks to himself. "You ok?" Victor says as he stands next to him, turns to the aleins and fires with both pistols into the group.

O.O.C Maybe we should continue this in a chat room or something to speed it up? Just an idea I'm throwing out there.

O.O.C: I appologize for the delay. This mission should be coming to a close within two or three days hopefully. The aliens are going all out now. The timer will be running down faster now that the boss has appeared.

"41:45:89"

Gai opens fire on the aliens, shooting two of them in quick sucession. One of them exploded instantly, but the shot had a bit of delay on the other. In the instant before it died it stretched it's arms out and ripped the gun from Gai's arms. pulling it back toward it as it exploded. The X-rifle clattered to the ground next to the corpse, held in the hand of the second dead alien.

Victor and John's shooting was dead on. They took out two targets each as a result of firing into the crowd. Out of nowhere a huge katana blade shot out from beside them and sliced the last one in half. It was Ryu.

Gai ran to retrieve his gun from the dead alien. He snatched it up and looked toward the others.

"As long as we stick together, the little ones shouldn't be much trouble. But that big one is a different story. Where did that crazy haired little punk run off to anyway?"

He and Ryu stepped over the dead bodies carefully, not looking down at them. The path to where the Boss had escaped seemed to be clear.

Haru was on a big open street now, surrounded by dead aliens. Four more were giving him angry looks from ahead.

"You little maggots can't kill me!!! I'm invincible here! Invincible!" Haru broke into insane laughter. No longer was his face devoid of emotion. His face was full of pure joy. He had forgotten what it felt like. For the first time since the last mission he felt truly alive.

KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!!!

He whiped the blood from his face with the back of one of his hands, then resumed his attack, catching the aliens off guard as he swung his dual swords in an X and extended them to nearly 30 feet each, slicing them all at the neck and waist, cutting them each into thirds as they leapt at him. He laughed louder then ever, and his bloody swords shrank to about three feet in an instant.

The sound of air rushing abovehead made Haru looked up. He saw in the air, drawing closer by the second, the Papa Smufo Alien. He laughed and extended his swords.

"Your mine!" He slashed out at it, his swords now extended more then far enough to reach it. But in the instant before the blades would have made contact, the alien extended it's arm, grabbed hold of a streetsign thirty feet away, and pulled himself towards it, rocketing away from Haru's attack.

"MUUUUUURRRDEEEEERERS!!! ABOMINAAAAATIONS!!! YOOOOU DIIIIE TONIIIIGHT!!! ALLL OF YOOOOOUU!!!!"

"I WILL kill you! I WILL get 100 points! You can't stop me, you freak!!!" Haru shot through the air using the power of the suit, swords raised at the monster. He swung down at the alien as he fell to the earth.

The alien's arms extended and shot around from behind it, to grab Haru around the waist and jerk him into the air. His sword's blades both returned completely into the hilts. He cried out in surprise as the alien slammed him to the ground, knocking the wind out of him and making his whole body go numb with pain. The force of the attack left a crater around him in the asphalt. His weapons flew from his hands and landed far away in someone's yard.

The Papa Smufo wasn't finished with him. It lifted him high above his head, still gripping his waist, and began to spin him around and around. Finally the alien released him, throwing him with all it's strength. Haru's limp body flew fifty feet through the air. He finally smacked into a tree with a CRACK that echoed around the neighborhood. The tree broke in two, and Haru lay on top of it.

No sooner had Haru struggled to his feet then the Boss was upon him again. It roared at him and raised its hand to attack.

"Haaa... haaaa.... shit... haaa.... this thing... is fast." He could barely stand, and he was seeing double. Every breath was a struggle. He couldn't beat this thing. Would it really all end here? He had come so close!

"Will you be my freind?" echoed all around him.

At least fifteen Smufo Aliens had joined the Papa Smufo.

"36:22:41"

"c'mon Guys. Let's end this now." Victor Begins running in the direction the papa smufo alien ran off to and checks his controller to see if its working again.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

John runs to the Papa Smufo Alien.
"It seems like I've arrived just in time to pull you out of your prediciment Haru. Get out of there."

John takes out his X-Rifle and fires it at three of the Smufo Aliens, then uses his sword to swing at the Papa Smufo Alien, having fun doing it.

"Awesome! This is pure awesome. I feel like a 1,000,000 pounds of cash and cocaine right now."

After looking up Victor sees the giant beast of an alien and its little minions. He lifts his pistols and fires a y shot at the giant alien then concentates his fire on the rest of them. Then he rips the sword off his back and lunges forward as it grows to 15 feet.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

John continues firing at the smufo aliens, then stops firing and stabs the Papa Alien with the Gantz sword.

"Hows it going over there Victor?"

Ryu and Gai hurried down the road after John and Victor. They joined in on the action, firing at the mass of aliens.

The Papa Smurfo Alien took serious injuries from John's sword strikes. It grabbed at it's bleeding wounds and roared at John. It turned to face him and prepared to lunge at him, claw-arms held high.

Haru was begining to recover. He felt like shit, but at least he could see and think straight now. Now that his life was not in any immeadiate danger, the blind urge to kill had subsided. The rest of the group was here. They had come to the rescue? Or had they simply come after the boss?

They actually made it...

"Thanks... John. Thanks Victor."

Haru saw that the Boss was distracted from him. It was more interested in John, and the other Smufo Aliens were preoccupied with the rest of the team. He jumped over the battlefield, landing in the yard where his swords had fallen. After half a minute of searching he found them, and he ran to join the others.

Victor's mighty sword attack sliced through a wave of aliens, cleaving a good deal of them in half, while nearby Gai and Ryu had exploded a few others. Haru's right Gantz Sword extended to ten feet, and he assisted Victor in taking out the survivors, slashing a good deal of them in two from behind in a single swing.

The Papa Smufo, who was still facing off with John, was enraged at the sight of his children dying around him. As John stabbed at it, it grabbed John's sword arm and squeezed it tightly.

"WEEEE OOOONNNLLLLY WAAAANTT PEEEEAAACCCCEEE... WHY YOOOOOUUU KILLLLL UUUUUSSS?!?!?!"

It ripped John's arm clean off, sword still grasped harmlessly in the hand. It then swatted him to the ground, stomping on him as it rushed towards Victor. It backhanded Victor as it charged forward, launching him high into the air and breaking a few ribs even through the suit's defenses. He crashed to the ground nearby. It continued it's charge right, right towards Gai, who wasn't even facing it, instead blasting away at more Smufos who had entered the fray from seemingly thin air. Ryu yelled at Gai, who spun around and desperately attempted to defend himself, taking aim at the stampeding monster.

Too late.

The Papa Smufo tore the X-Rifle from his hands and then headbutted Gai, roaring at him and he stood there dazed. It then grabbed his neck and with one hand ripped his head off. The body stood straight for a few moments, then toppled to the ground, spraying blood.

Back in the room, Gai's face appeared on the surface of the black ball, then was marked with a red X. There was an egg-timer ringing noise, and the picture faded away to be replaced by the remaining time.

"27:41:45"

Haru and Ryu yelled and both swung at the mass of aliens, their blades extended again. The Papa Smufo jumped into the air and over the blades, but the remaining Smufos were all slashed in two. Haru had to roll out of the way to avoid being butchered by Ryu's wild strike.

Ryu's blade returned into the hilt. He ran over to see if John and Victor were still alive.

"They ripped his arm off... Oh my god..." Ryu grabbed his mouth, trying hard not to vomit at the sight. John was still alive and conscious, but he was loosing a lot of blood and was quite clearly and understandably in a lot of pain.

"When all the aliens are dead and the mission ends, Gantz will return us to the room and full repair our bodies and equipment. Can you two still fight?"

Haru offered John his second Gantz Sword, while Ryu ran to help Victor up. The boss stood ready for the next challenger, screaming at the top of it's lungs.

O.O.C: Next Update tommorow afternoon. It would be sooner but I have a class to attend that runs till 3pm. Go ahead and attack the boss. The mission will probably end tommorow.

Victor sits up despite the sharp pains in his side. He coughs up a small amount of blood but stands up using his sword as support. "Yeah...I think I can still fight at range but I doubt I can swing this sword anymore. But hows...John......?"

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"I will take that prick down with my tounge if I have to.

John takes off his trenchcoat and wraps it around the stump. He then takes Haru's Gantz sword, and gets up.

"Victor, Haru, and Ryu get ready for a tandem attack with me. Vick and Ryu, you guys start first. Use your guns on it. Haru, Get your sword ready to carve this thing up like a christmas goose. Haru and I will attack it with our swords. By the end of the mission, we'll be picking Smufo Alien out of our teath. Get ready!"

"Good to see your still as ready to kill as ever!" Victor takes in some hard breaths and runs towards the giant smufo with both pistols firing.

Victor and Ryu fired wildly at the final alien. The shots took effect and the Papa Smufo's legs exploded from beneath it, followed by an arm and part of it's chest. It screamed at them so loudly that it made their ears begin to bleed. But as quickly as it was taking damage, it was regenerating. It seemed to heal faster as it got angrier. It soon stood on two newly grown feet, and it's arms and chest were half healed.

It saw John and Haru coming it's way, and it stretched its now fully healed arms out towards John in an attempt to finish him off. But it never reached it's target, it's arms exploding suddenly feet from John. Ryu had shot at them as they flew past him, hitting both dead on. The stumps that remained retracted and returned to the beast as the two swordsmen advanced on it.

Haru and John were now right in front of the creature. Victor was causing it intense pain already, continuously blasting away at it, wounding it as fast as it was healing.

They swung with all their strength, slicing through the monster's thick skin and cutting right through it. John's swing had gone diagonal and severed the head, half an arm and a whole arm, while Haru's had cut it in two at the waist. Ryu shot at the remains with his X-Gun with his eyes shut and yelling at the top of his voice. It did not regenerate.

The Papa Smufo Alien was dead. The mission was over.

That thing was too powerful, even for the boss. Was Gantz really counting on us being able to kill it? Who got the points for the kill?

"The sending should start soon, now that the boss is dead."

Moments after Haru spoke, Ryu started to disapear in the same manner everyone had disapeared from the room, in a wave of light. When he had disapeared, John began disapearing. Then Haru. Then Victor.

After Haru had disapeared, while Victor was being sent, he spotted a dark figure approaching from down the road. He came into the light and looked at Victor with a look of satisfaction.

He looked to be in his early twenties, and had long black hair. He had a business suit on, but wore it very casually, the shirt untucked and the tie loose. Even though it was late at night, he wore dark sunglasses. He carried a Katana in his right hand.

He smiled at Victor, revealing a mouth full of fang-like teeth. Behind him, several more men in suits approached, all wearing sunglasses and holding a katana.

"If you survive, eventually we will fight. Until then, farewell hunters"

The sending was complete, and Victor had joined the others in the room.

Haru, Ryu, Victor, John and Senkei appeared back in the room. The black ball was there, shut tight. It's surface was blank.

After a few moments, green letters appeared on the surface.

And now for the points.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"Jesus Christ! That was a disaster. Next time we fight an alien like that, we need to have a plan. Still, good work guys. We pulled it off. "

OOC: I know any injuries are healed, but would my trenchcoat be repaired?

O.O.C: Yes. Your regular clothing and suit are repaired along with the rest of you.

Victor's face appeared on Gantz's surface, followed by words.

Rambo
27 points
0 + 27= 27
73 more points and your done.

Too much trying to capture aliens
Too much hair gel

Not bad. Keep up the good work.

John's picture appeared next, replacing Victor's

Captain Badass
39 points
0 + 39= 39
61 more points and your done.

Too much gangsterness
Too much coke sniffing

I like you already. But why'd you have to save Bitch?

Haru's picture showed up next. Haru looked intently at it.

Bitch
17 points
79 + 17= 96
4 more points and your done.

Too much ruining the fun
Too much trying to act tough

Haha. Not quite there yet.

Only 17?! What the fuck? I must have killed at least thirty of those things all by myself!

Senkei's face appeared on the ball.

Nutcase
9 points
0 + 9 =9
91 more points and your done.

Too much crazy
Too much disapearing

Where exactly did you run off to?

Ryu's face appeared last.

Homo
21 points
0 + 21= 21
79 more points and your done.

Too much being a wimp

Watch out, Bitch! He's after your ass!

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"Awesome. 37 Points, badass."

John strolls around the room, humming the lyrics to Fett's Vett - MC Chris.

"Good swordsmanship back there Haru. How was mine?"

"Pretty good... thanks again for that save..."

Haru was looking over at Ryu, who's face was bright red.

"It's... it's not true. I'm not a-" he began.

"It doesn't matter. Anyway, I guess you'd all like to see for yourselves what you can get for 100 points." Haru walked over the the black ball, looked down at it and spoke.

"Gantz! Display the 100 points menu!"

Three lines of text appeared on the surface of the ball a moment later.

1. You are free to go, and your Gantz-related memories are all erased.
2. You gain a very powerful weapon.
3. You may revive a player from the memory.

"Display the memory."

The text vanished, and was replaced by hundreds of small pictures. Pictures of men and women. At the very bottom were the faces of the man, the woman, Sarah and Gai.

"That exit door will open now. Once we're all outside the door will lock and Gantz will disapear until the night of the next mission. You can either take your gear with you or leave it here. The suit and weapons work on the outside just fine. But if you tell anyone about what happened here, use the weapons in front of more then a few people, or try to remove it, the bomb in your heads will explode. Gantz could call you back to the room at anytime now. You'll hear ringing in your ears about a minute before he sends you. I recommend keeping the suit within your reach at all times."

Haru put his street clothes back on over his suit, pocketed his weapons, walked to the door, opened it an walked out without another word.

O.O.C: go on and make your final posts here. I think im going to open up a Gantz O.O.C thread, along with a signup for Mission Two to keep this organized. You guys all did pretty good, and I hope I was an ok GM as I don't have a whole lot of experience at it. PM me with questions, critisisms, suggestions for future aliens, npc ideas, etc. if you'd like. I promise to look at all of them.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"Victor, follow me. I need to talk to you about something."

John puts his trenchcoat over his suit, and waits for Victor to follow him.

Victor puts his clothes over his suit and pockets his x gun. "Man, I'm glad we're through that." Victor follows John and asks in a quiet voice, "Whats up man?"

OOC: WTF I missed EVERYTHING AWWWWWWWW!!!! I was gone for the last 2 days and I only got 9 pts. Can we leave this room?

Since Senkei had appeared in the room he had been staring intop space in disbelief. he had been up on the roof the entire time, one memory had been lodged in his head and the words of the boss smufo resonated in his ears "We only want to make peace" and the description of the alien reminded him of one of his former government missions, retrieving some intel from the Japanese government. Just what was this "Gantz"? And what was it making us do?

"Haru, can I speak with you"

As Senkei pulls on his cloak his hair receeds to a dark brown and his eyes flicker and then turn to a dull grey.

"It's something important and it's about *Guntz*"

He walks towards Haru who seems to be lost in thought...

O.O.C: Well everyone was sort of eager to move on, so i went a little faster then I had planned to. Sorry. But you can sign up for mission 2 if youd like to. Your character is interesting and deserves some action. The mission starts in 4 days just post your sheet in the signup thread.

"Yeah?" Haru turned to face Senkei.

Did his hair just change color?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.