Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Gantz- The Game of Death(all are welcome! Rated R)

He read minds... It's the only way he'd know my name. I'm certain I've never met him before.

John seemed to have Senkei under control. Haru turned to face the others. A big, quiet man. Someone in a hooded jacket calmly waiting for something to happen. A man and a woman who were still desperately trying to get free. A girl in a hospital gown who just stood there in disbelief of what was going on.

"It looks like everyones here. We should learn each others names. My name is Haru Matsumoto. I was hit by a drunk driver..."

I found him and killed him myself afterwards...

The girl in the hospital gown spoke next in a british accent."

"Sarah Tyler. I... died... of Cancer"

The big man stood up.

"Gai Takahashi. I'm a truck driver. Those two killed me." He pointed at the man and woman, who were beating at the wall Haru had blown a hole in, trying to make enough noise to be heard by someone outside. They either didn't hear or didn't care.

The hooded teen stood up and slowly removed their hood. He was a guy. He had mid length brown hair and green eyes.

"Ryusuke Tenma. I died in a bus explosion."

O.O.C: I'll begin the mission today, soon as you two introduce yourselves.

"My name is *cough* Senkei, and my hair is blue because, IT IS!"

Senkei steps back and stands up.

"You wished to know how I died, Mufufufufu! like this"

Senkei projects a mental image into Johns mind of being in a dark alleyway and a bullet slowly approaching his head.

John bewildered jumps back wondering what the hell happened *Guns don't work here what the hell is this* he thinks.

Then Haru steps forward...

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"If you think I'll sit around while you chip away my brain with your parlor tricks, you'd better think again. Out there is a fortune waiting to be had. If you think I'll let it go, you're mad. You've got another thing coming. I have run a gang for thirty years, made piles of cash, and killed enough people to put a mass murderer to shame. My combat skills, connections, and intelligence outclass your parlor tricks. I will warn you once: Don't cross me."

John goes over to window, and looks out.

It's been ages since I've been here. Almost 20 years ago. Let's hope I remember the city well enough.

"So, Haru. Is there a prize for doing this?"

"If you get 100 points, Gantz will offer you a reward. One of them is freedom. You'll never have to come back. The other wish is to gain a powerful weapon and continue playing. I have no idea what it is. No one has ever chosen that option. The third option... is to ressurrect a dead player... "

Haru steps forward and looks at Senkei for a moment before he speaks.

"There's no point trying to hide the truth from a mind reader. You've seen what's going to happen, haven't you? You've seen every battle I've lived through, seen the faces of all the freinds I've made and lost. What's about to happen is very real, and there's no escaping it. I don't have to convince you of anything, because you've seen that it's true."

Just then, music began playing. It was coming from the black ball.

A Neeeeewwwww daaaaaaay has come....

A daaaaaay of hooooooope...

"Finally..."

Green letters appeared on the surface of the black ball.

Your lives have ended.

How you live your new lives is entirely up to me.

That's the theory anyways.

The woman glared at the ball angrily.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"He always says that" replied Haru.

The text vanished and was replaced by a picture. It was a picture of a strange, blue skinned creature. It was about three feet tall, bare chested and wore white pants and a pointy white hat. It had a very long nose, and it's eyes were small and bloodshot. More text appeared. Above the picture was:

You shmucks will now go out and defeat this person

And next to the picture was:

Smufo Alien

Characteristics: Stupid, Ugly

Quote: Will you be my freind?

With that, The black ball sprang open.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... _f%2Br.JPG[/IMG]

Racks with weapons were contained inside. A lot of X-Guns like the one Haru used were there, along with two different guns.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... _rifle.jpg[/IMG]
X-Rifle

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/Y_gun.jpg[/IMG]
Y-Gun

In addition to guns, there were a few small devices hanging inside.

"Those are controllers. They can change your frequency and make you invisible. The stronger aliens can usually see through it though... They also show you the location of the alien and the rest of the team, or at least they are supposed to. They aren't very accurate usually."

And a pile of boxes, each with a name on it. The name of a person in the room.

"Your suits are in there. They increase your strength and speed and provide protection. As I said before, even a bullet to the face wouldn't hurt you while your wearing one. The protection extends there as well somehow. Gantz only gives you one suit, so if you lose it your screwed. Oh, and if you wear another person's suit it will just act like regular clothes."

Gai, Sarah, and Ryu each grabbed a box. The man and woman didn't even approach the ball.

"This is bullshit. I'm not buying into this." grunted the man.

"Me neither" agreed the woman.

Haru walked toward the second door in the room. The one that led to another part of the room. He was able to open the door. Inside was another small room.

"This door will only open after Gantz has opened up. The Gantz Swords are kept in here."

In a pile in the middle of the second room was a pile of what seemed to be electronic sword hilts.

"The blade extends and grows at the owners will, as long as they want it to be. It can cut through virtually anything easily, especially if your using the suit"
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... _sword.jpg[/IMG]

Haru entered the room and picked up two of the sword hilts. He then pulled off his shirt and jeans to reveal the entire black suit.

http://www.gantz.net/clubgantz/img/dvd2.jpg[/IMG]

"Take what you want, then get ready for the sending. I recommend you all put the suit on, but if you don't its your funeral. The suit is so skintight that you can't even wear underwear underneath it. Use the second room to change into them if you don't want to out here."

It was then, as Ryu was reaching in to grab a suit from the racks, that he saw what was in the center of the ball.

It was a naked, sickly looking bald man curled up in a fetal position. On his mouth was what seemed to be some kind of life support connected to the inside of the ball. Ryu screamed and jumped back.

Sorry dont mean to break the mood or anything. Is it too late to join then? Sorry again to interrupt. But if I can join I'll write up something.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

John grabs a box, then goes into an empty room to change. John puts on the suit, then puts his trenchcoat over it. He then goes back into the main room, and grabs an X-Gun, an X-Rifle, a Gantz Sword, and a controller.

"This should be fun. "

John takes a sniff of cocaine.

"A little boost is always good."

Exodus said:
Sorry dont mean to break the mood or anything. Is it too late to join then? Sorry again to interrupt. But if I can join I'll write up something.

O.O.C: Go ahead. Your post takes place before Gantz opens up tho. right after senkei appears. You can include taking your gear and stuff from the ball in that post too.

OOC
Here is my character.
Name: Victor Crane
Apperance: He appears as a tall 36 year old man. He has black nicely combed hair and a nice black suit on.

Personality: He's a pretty calm individual. He has come from a bad past so has some underlying disorders and can explode on people when angry. He is also very intelligent and tries to stay away from trouble, but he usually finds it anyways.

Background: He was basically trailer trash in L.A.(not literally but had a drunken dad and mother that was always gon.) but aspired to do better. So he did as good as he could in school and eventually found himself in law school, thanks to some lucky brakes. He was a business trip to Tokyo when suddenly his airplane's engine exploded due to a faulty gas line. The plane plummited into the sea where he met his demise.
P.S. due to handling with some bad clients and having a bad past, he is pretty proficiant with small handguns for self protection purposes.

Another red beam shot out from Gantz as a tall middle aged man started appearing in the middle of the room. He had slicked back, black hair and a black buiseness suit. He fell to the floor as he finished materializing with a loud thud. "uhhh....what, whats going on?! Where am I? I was just......this is impossible..."

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

John puts away his weapons into the folds of his trenchcoat, and walks over Victor.

"Obviously it's not, seeing as you're alive. What's your name, and how did you die?"

*Victor stands up in awe and shock after being tossed around the cabin of an airplane then suddenly appearing in here.*
"I'm alive...I'm..I'm...My names victor. I guess I died in a plane crash. I was on my way to tokyo...But how did I get here?"

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"Magical, mystical, fairy dust."

John double-checks his weapons, then takes a bit of cocaine and sniffs it.

"Anyone want any? A little boost is always good."

"Gantz has brought you here to fight aliens. See that ball that opened up? Take weapons and a suit and get ready. You won't be able to in a moment."

Haru leaned against the wall and waited for the mission to begin.

O.O.C: We will officially stop taking new people at 11pm tonight. Around then the sending will begin and nobody else will be able to join until mission two, which will probably be as early as the day after mission one ends.

"Aleins? What the hell....I don't know what to think about this...but if you say so." *Victor goes up to the ball and grabs a suit, a v-gun, a x-gun, a controller and a gantz sword.*
"No thanks John. I've seen enough of that shit in my life to be sick of it. But I'd kill for some strong coffee about now!" victor says smiling at John.

Ryu was still trembling from the sight of the man inside the ball. The man was seemingly unconscious.

"Who is that guy?!"

Haru looked over at Ryu, who was pointing at the man inside the ball.

"That would be Gantz. Or part of him at least. You can talk to it by sticking your index finger in his ear. He doesn't respond to much though. He will pretty much just answer basic questions about the mission. Anyway, take your weapons guys."

By the time they had moved away from the weapon racks, Gai was holding an X-Rifle, Sarah had an X and Y Gun, and Ryu was holding an X-Gun and a controller. They entered the second room one at a time, shut the door, and emerged a few minutes later wearing their suits. Ryu had put his regular clothes back on over the suit and was holding a Gantz Sword as well.

Victor headed toward the room and changed inside. He came out wearing the skin tight suit with a look a disgust on his face.
"This suit is so tight, I could barely fit in it." He was holding his two pistols and the sword was slung on his back using the tie from his suit.
"I heard you guys talking and uh...why don't you just kill the guy in there? I mean if he puts us through such a horrible ordeal why don't we just stop him?"

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"Trust me, if I could, I would. I'm not even going to bother trying however, because he probably has the power to stop me from doing it, and kill me. Not happening."

John goes over to window, and looks out it.

"Huh, guess your right." Victor says scrathing his head. "I mean if he...it...can keep us here it can stop its own weapons..." Victor Sits down and leans against the wall.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"Indeed, I am right."

John takes out his weapons, and checks them again. He then checks his cocaine bag.

"Enough for three more days worth."

"Trust me man, that stuff only leads to bad things...you of all people should know that. It probably got you killed...Sorry I just had bad experiances."
Victor looks at one of his pistols, analizing it. What the hell is this thing anyways? He thinks to himself.

O.O.C I'm dling Gantz the anime right now :P

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"I've been trading this stuff for thirty years. It wasn't the cocaine that got me killed. It was the fact that I executed a hit that failed that got me killed. The person I told my assassins to kill put a $100,000 bounty on me, and my son collected. But, I don't blame him. I would have done the same thing."

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.