Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Full Game] 'The House'

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Nya, slightly scary. I jumped at quite a few parts.
Completed in 15 minutes!
(This is 50x more scary for me because every something appeared in the game the lights in my house flickered...Spooky O_o )
Didn't like the ending.

The ending's still better than my ALfR13 >.<
The plot was okay in this too. It was gameplay that was the best part, and the mapping, and the event animations etc.
It rains indoors when you move from the crypt to the basement. The door on the left, up the stairs on the first map doesnt open later on in the game. Mapping needs checking in a load of areas, probably priority issues with the tileset databse tab. I think the note you pick up at the very end is incorrectly named.

Rare

Thanks, I feel like an idiot for not finding those before releasing it.

I guess running through the game 17 times makes you miss stuff :P.

Rare

I think I know what you guys are doing...

Don't try to move the keys when the cutscene is occuring! It messes it up, making the player 'freeze'.

I really need a good way of disabling character movement during cutscenes...

You could make that when the hero enter this room, check if its in the correct position, if not, teleport him to the spot.

All of that in an Autorun

I am terribal at puzzels and I got stuck at the very first part, I can't find the key's to any of the doors!!! I used the small peice of metle in the other door too, but the torches are blocking the way through that door.:p

Rare

You have to:

Get the note from the chest. Then go to the room with the torches. Line the torches up with the Chess Pieces.

Hey nice game ^^, love the tileset. Few mapping errors and the super ability to go through a few objects. Other than that very nice game, not very scary thought there have been a few parts so far that made me jump.
I'm stuck thou:
I'm in the room with hidden on the walls, and don't know what to do

Rare

leave the room, and go to the room with the knocking on the door. It isn't over just yet ;)

you can thank Venetia for the graphics! :)

Finished it 30 something minutes, was cute. I had to laugh at the part
When you put the fuse in to light that hallway and the candles are lit.
and the ending was pretty funny too.
Good game.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.