Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Full Game] 'The House'

Dead content awaiting restoration.

Rare

Downloaded 1266 times and counting! Thanks guys!

Story:

Ah, yet another one of those 'get trapped in the possessed house and escape' games.  Well, you start off when David enters a house looking for his sister Lor.  Little does he know...what the house has in store for him.  I know,
not my most creative plot, but...this was a side project.

Characters:

David - You!
Lor - Your sister.

Screenshots:

A pleasant greeting.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/BladeCaster/THS1.png[/img]
What a lovely bathroom.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/BladeCaster/THS2.png[/img]
Gasp!  Oh no!  We see you too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/BladeCaster/THS3.png[/img]

Game Download:

Credits:

Scripts:
f0tz!baerchen  - Anti Lag
ccoa - Universal Message System
The SDK Team - The SDK 2.3

Graphics:

Enterbrain
Venetia
Elias
SithJester
Zanyzora
Ccoa
Xilef

Audio:
Elias

A tribute to Venetia:

Thank you for your wonderful interior graphics.  The game would be nothing without them.  Trust me, I had this entire game mapped without them and it was bad.  They really are more than icing on the cake!  Thanks again!  :)

PS.  There is a hidden easter egg in the game...kudos if you can find it!

NEW: 
Guide done by Lucky7!  Thank you!
http://www.speedyshare.com/712877950.html

Wow, looks like an interesting game. I'll comment once I play it =) Which will be in a while but I wanted to let you know I'm interested in it XD

Rare

Thanks! Guys, don't forget:

Play this game with the lights off and the sound blasted. It gives a much better experience.

Ok, I have to say I'm impressed. But I've found quite a few errors. Many of them are passability wise.

Some objects you can walk on so you can walk up walls. Like the pipe in the basement. secondly, you can get the basement key more than once. You can walk on the bed in that one room. Other than that, It's quite good.

Edit: I just figured out what to do XD nevermind on the last edit.

Ok, Just beat the game, in like 10 minutes total XD And here are some more bugs.

I've noticed a lot of scenes you can control the character when it's supposed to be evented. You should make it auto and not parallel. Because then it could screw up the game.

Second, The teleportation for the crypt is wacked. When you leave the crypt to go back inside the house, it warps you away from the stairs.

Also, The weather follows you inside the basement when you come back from the crypt. Its all blue and rainy in the basement XD

Anyway, aside from all those errors, it's a really good game.

Rare

Check the room with the knocks coming from the door... :)

Sorry about those errors...I'll get to fixing them now D=.

Lol don't need the answer anymore :P I beat the game. And in 10 minutes... that's like 25 minutes less than you said XD of course I'm an extremely fast RPGer. Question, is the third door to the right on the second floor lead anywhere? or is it locked through the whole game?

Rare

Ohh damn, 10 minutes.

It took 3 other people like 30. You are a smart one! :O

Yes, it is locked through the whole game.

Did you find the easter egg?

OS

Sponsor

I tried it, and I was going fairly quickly until I reached the room with spikes. It seems that the controls aren't very good. You didn't alter the movement system, did you, because I barely tapped the arrow keys and ended up landing in 'real' traps. (btw, the puzzles are easier than I expected, but are fun so far.)

Rare

I did not alter the movement system.

However, that effect is probably occurring because of the massive amount of events in that room. Don't run too fast!

I didnt have any problem with the spikes myself. That was easy XD

On a rate form 1 to 10 i would give it a 3 for being scary. I don't get scared. The only thing I think that actually startled me a bit was when you
go into that room witha switch and that monster screams at you XD

OS

Sponsor

What sound effect was used when
you re-enter the front room after getting the Level 1 key and the little girl ghost thing walks upstairs? I thought it was a horse.

Fokuz

Got to the end were you meet your sister, but everything froze up and i couldn't move. The time was still running tho. :S

HAHHAAA I found the easter egg by chance
ILL post it in some minutes xD!!!

Here it is:

DONT OPEN SPOILER IF YOU WANT TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff203/Peted2s/rmxp/thehouseeasteregg.png[/IMG]

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff20 ... eregg2.png[/IMG]

By the way, the game is very good! ;)
I can't pass the second floor, it seems there is nothing left to do and I can't open any doors or do anything.

Fun to play :D Didnt finish it though...
After I unlocked the big double door in the first room of the game, I went in. And later I left, going back into the 1st room, and when I went back to the double door, it said it was locked again and I couldn't open it :\

EDIT: Ah. Exiting the game and reopening made the door work. Going to continue playing now.

I'm stuck at

the part right after I find the basement key in the bathroom. I read the book in the bedroom and pulled the lever in the closet behind the room and I've investigated the door with knocking behind it but nothing further happens. I have the fuses too.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.