Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Full Game] 'The House'

Dead content awaiting restoration.
I downloaded it, but it won't let me play it. Whenever I click on the icon it says I either have to find a program on the web or choose one from a list.

@Actingman00: Get a .rar extractor.
You might want to have disabled the menu or replaced it with the options save game, quit and items, then we wouldn't see aluxes and skills and such for a game that doesn use most of those.
What the hell do I do with the chess pieces???

Xilef;316205 said:
@Actingman00: Get a .rar extractor.
You might want to have disabled the menu or replaced it with the options save game, quit and items, then we wouldn't see aluxes and skills and such for a game that doesn use most of those.

A .rar extractor, like Winrar?

@Actingman00: Yes
If you hold an arrow key during the opening you can move the player around abit. Use autorun. And, for some reason I couldnt pick up the paper when i got the metal first

Xilef;316205 said:

Align the chess pieces with the torches

Anyway. I am also stuck like JustinAC and Pete. Got the basement key...but now I have no clue where to go.

I got the chess thing before any of you answered. For some reason I got Game Over when I looked in the hole in the wall
EDIT: Omg! You used my "book" graphic! Yay! ALfR13 wasn't the only project to use it I see :'(
You can climb ontop of the bed and in the closet you can walk all over the dress

please put [*spoiler][/spoiler] tags in your post so people dont get spoiled of the story. (Without the star ofcourse)
I'm stuck there too

Xilef;316239 said:
please put [*spoiler][/spoiler] tags in your post so people dont get spoiled of the story. (Without the star ofcourse)
I'm stuck there too

Oh, sorry.

Did you get the basement key and the fuse?

Xilef;316243 said:
Edit you other post and add the spoilers in too :)
Yes I did, no idea what to do now.

Okay.

I'm, assuming that fuse is used to light the dark room, but I don't know how to use it.

looks like a fun game, I prefer these small adventures over
Everyone who uses RMXP said:
330e42+ of gameplay with hours of time spent levelling up!1!!One and a million new scripts and shit!!Two

Rare

Ho do you get pass the room with the spikes?
I suck

Look behind the bookshelf! That outta give you a clue. :)

Got to the end were you meet your sister, but everything froze up and i couldn't move. The time was still running tho. :S

Thats really strange. I'll look into it.

Had a quick play, seems like a great idea. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks!

About where the majority of you are stuck...

The fuses go in the fuse box in the basement. That turns the lights on for the second hallway.

Go to the room past the newly lit hallway, look around. After that, leave...and go to the door with the knocking. ;)

Xilef, thank you for your book graphic. Adding you to the credit list now. :)

Thanks for playing everyone!

Elias;316255 said:
The basement is east of the backyard. Go to the backyard, and look for the space near the upper right.

Thanks, I thought the basement would be near there.

And I found the easter egg :P

Xilef;316301 said:
What do I do with the crypt key? I can't use it to enter the crypt, where do I use it please someone? :'(

Use the crypt key on the locked door in the basement

Just beat the game with 14 minutes! Very fun to play :D

Rare

Xilef;316301 said:
What do I do with the crypt key? I can't use it to enter the crypt, where do I use it please someone? :'(

The crypt key goes to the dark door in the basement room. ;)

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see Zammysoul already answered ^^;

Thanks for playing everyone!

I am currently working on a 'House 2'...I just love these mini games. It will have a better storyline, way more puzzles, and a much longer length.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.