Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
The Legacy of Zalgoth

[CoG] Legacy of Zagolth

Volrath":6671z9vu said:
It's a complete nonissue. The writing in MotW probably betrays my American-ness to players in other countries, but who gives a shit? I'd just leave it alone. You're British, it's a British game. End of discussion.

but it doesn't confuse players. most of the britishness i just pretended that it bothered me (since hating england is part of my gimmick), like "mate", "you lot", etc. elevenses however isn't a word that a lot of people know so it might confuse them. i'm not saying AMERICANIZE THIS, and i don't think there's a reason to change any of the other british words, but some words that might confuse playrs should be changed to be more neural

@Nickster: Bearly there... It's ELEVENses cos you have it at eleven o clock. Eh? Geddit? Eh? Eh?

*hides in a corner*

Anyway, I'm practically done with the new village section. I need to do another playtest, and then I'll be finished.

Changes made and things the same
  • You still get dog-food
  • The drawer move is gone
  • Go to elevenses (Dejack now explains what that means) straight after dog food
  • You then have a choice of doing two or more of 4 quests.
    -The barrel quest (see screenshot thread)
    -Two adventure-based quests, picking oranges and finding lost spectacles
    -And one short quest for people who want to rush this bit
  • Repairing the roof remains, along with Greg's scene
  • The find 8 people quest has been reduced to a "Find Anna" quest.
  • You now longer need to go and pick up the cake

EDIT:Sorry, looks like I may not be able to get the new version out as soon as I had hoped. Busy day...

BrunoTR":dgo8au6l said:
Is it okay, now? I really want to start work on chapter 2 now.

Then go for it! Don't ever feel forced to make changes to your project. This one may have been a good idea, but in the end, it's your work and you make the decisions. I'm not quite done with Chapter 1 yet (one freakin' guard I just can't get past...he never walks more than a tile away from the hallway where I'm standing, but i'll figure it out), but I will look forward to Chapter 2 with great interest.

Volrath":d474qgon said:
I'm not quite done with Chapter 1 yet (one freakin' guard I just can't get past...he never walks more than a tile away from the hallway where I'm standing, but i'll figure it out), but I will look forward to Chapter 2 with great interest.

Oh yeah, that guy. Watch how he keeps taking a drink from the shelf...

I should start writing a walkthrough, like Doctor said.

EDIT: I should mention that you can also buy a towel at Satenzo Coast as well... You can sleep on it as if you were at an Inn...

Hmm...I just finished dejack's flashback. Right now I'm stuck after Cpt. A gives him travel papers. After that, the screen shifts to the side, and I can't move or see dejack. Is this the end of the chapter or just a bug? Great game by the way, I'm looking forward to chapter 2 =)

Hey Bruno. Long time no speak huh?
Good to see you've finally released this ol game.
I downloaded it but I'm stuck. Where can I get these travel papers from? The game's a bit unclear of where I need to be going...

sockeh":3l91sd0y said:
Hmm...I just finished dejack's flashback. Right now I'm stuck after Cpt. A gives him travel papers. After that, the screen shifts to the side, and I can't move or see dejack. Is this the end of the chapter or just a bug? Great game by the way, I'm looking forward to chapter 2 =)
Oh, bugger. Yes that's a glitch. Sorry, hang on.

bradleydfc":3l91sd0y said:
I downloaded it but I'm stuck. Where can I get these travel papers from? The game's a bit unclear of where I need to be going...
Are you in Conlase Village? Then yeah, it's a glitch I made after editing that sequence. But if that's not the version you have then they should be in your inventory.

BrunoTR":22dfj35y said:
Can I just ask a question to those who have completed the game? How long did it take you? My estimate of 1hr30mins was clearly was off.

It took me about 4 hours. But I did get lost in the field a lot, and went down the wrong path and ended up in the beach resort place...

I just wanna say something about the whole Bruno VS. Doctor VS. missingno argument thing:

Bruno, chill out, Despain is Despain.  Frankly, I would be HONORED if he were to play my game and make a long critique about it.  Be glad he actually gave yours some attention @_@

Missingno: don't insult Doctor's reviewing style -_-'

Doctor: hi.

The End.

No... im in Ockensomething...
And I need to get a ship. There you say to the guy 'I have travel papers' and then it goes to my inventory-- I don't have them. Where do I get them from?

By the way this is in the fish pun town, if you can't understand what I call it.

bradleydfc":174ac9oi said:
No... im in Ockensomething...
And I need to get a ship. There you say to the guy 'I have travel papers' and then it goes to my inventory-- I don't have them. Where do I get them from?

Uh? I just checked the code, and you definatly should have them... You should have got them from Captain Antonio back in Conlase.

I just downloaded it...unfortunately, it's still not working. this time dejack turns invisible. lol It was funny for a while till I couldn't move him out of a house =/ Am I the only one having these bugs?

I noticed a bug. After you avoid the rocks and find another way up while you're under the fort, you engage the pirates again. I beat them and then the head honcho pirate says something like, "You idiots! I'll take of him myself!" and then nothing happened. The game didn't freeze because the fogs kept moving and other things were animated, but I could do nothing. Might want to fix that ;)

sockeh":hajw1o3y said:
I just downloaded it...unfortunately, it's still not working. this time dejack turns invisible. lol It was funny for a while till I couldn't move him out of a house =/ Am I the only one having these bugs?
Oh, godammit. See what one little change can do to your game?! Gargh!

This is my fault, don't worry. I'm on it. Should have tested it properly. I'm so sorry about this.

@LiP: I thought that I had fixed that, but there you go.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.