Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

American Contracts: OOC

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

This topic is for Out of Character talk in the American COntracts RP. Please keep all unnecessary OOC talk out of the main RP topic.

OS

Sponsor

Assuming that Kraft checks this thread >>

You keep saying that it should be ok to control other major characters as long as you don't do anything major, but many things can be considered major. For instance, in your post, you made Vincent pull out a gun. How do you know he has one with him, or that he would pull it out in the first place? Also, things like Speech can be considered major. Anyways, you don't have to take control of characters to make the game interesting. After all, if you control the characters, you know what will happen. If you don't, then anything is possible, so there is some degree of suspense.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

Also assuming Kraft reads.

According to the Genocide Sequence Sign-Up topic, only Exodus was able to control other people's Player characters. You did the same thing in your American Contracts intro post that you did in your Genocide Sequence intro, and Exodus told you off for it.

Kraft

Sponsor

???
A little on that part, but after a while I started doing it again and no one said anything...

And there were a few more people posting as well...

I mean, he kinda brought everyone to a location, presented an enemy, and then waited to see what everyone did. Not just a little chit chat here and there... get out of a racecar, talk about coffee...

Anyways, in genocide... that was a while ago, and by the time that it ended, I was used to what I was doing, and it was all okay...

anyways, sorry, I will change ^_^

~Kraft

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

YOU WILL CHANGE AND I WILL MAKE YOU.

You don't need to change much, just the Godmodding. Once you've got that taken care of, you're a go for post.

Also, are you going to edit your entrance post, or have one of the mods delete it?

Kraft

Sponsor

I didnt know I was supposed to edit it... No one asked me to...
although I will... I guess...

Although for some reason I am not liking this RP game very much...
I did something on accident (seriously was on accident, I mean I read the no godmodding part, but I actually thought I could do what I did... for some reason... :p)
and I get like 5 PM's, and a lot of flak from everyone because of my mistake... and I have said I am sorry like 30 times...

I will edit my topic ( I guess, although it will completally ruin it)

Actually, well, one thing that I would like to say before I go and do this is that the other people playing this RP game need to me more descriptive... I mean, That is what I live off of... I use every single detail that I can to come up with what I am going to write next, and I cant exactley make up every detail, such as where your character is standing in the room, or if he has a gun or not, or how tall he is, etc...

Anyways, I will edit my thing (reluctantly :() but from now on I would like you guys to add more detail. More detail than just what your character says in a post, or they went inside the house kinda stuff.

You guys do that, and I will stop godmodding. But if you dont... *evil smile*

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

Dude, we're not giving you flak. We're giving you advice on how to improve your RP Skills so that in the future you don't make the same mistakes. We're all homies, right?

So, I'll put more detail in my posts. In exchange, you read the posts and character sheets more carefully, so we don't have anymore mix-ups. Sound good Kraft Macaroni and Cheese?

Also, don't be surprised if some of our(or rather, my posts as I can't speak for OS) posts don't have a ton of detail in them if there's a conversation between characters, as it's hard to load a whole ton of detail into the post when the two characters are engaged in a dialog.

EDIT: The topic is missing. To the mod that deleted it, the post is what was marked, not the whole topic. -_-

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

To answer OP's post in the Thread: I would be better than just waiting.

Also, for the record, refrain from posting OOC messages in the main RP topic unless it is absolutely necessary to post them there.

Kraft

Sponsor

I was just reading what you said (vincents dream) and Tommys post before then, and he says that he calls the room phone, not your cell phone...

I dont think it matters all that much, and I think it actually fits better how it is, I thought I would just point it out anyways because I dont have anything else to do at the moment ^_^

OS

Sponsor

Nope. I didn't pay much attention, which is why there is a continuity error again. Sorry about that. I didn't know what to say exactly, so I thought I'd introduce Vincent's Nightmares. You'll see more later, and they'll string together to show you another side of Vincent. Hehe.

So, what is the importance of the numbers?

OS

Sponsor

I'm still not seeing it, dude. What is it?! Now it's gonna bug me. Thanks a lot.

Whatever. I might feel stupid if/when you tell me, or I may very well leave even more confused...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.