Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Resource icon

Tales of the Drunken Paladin: Version 3 (April 2017)

Dark Link":2epno62i said:
Gotta ask dude, how did you incoporate the maps as battlebacks? I'm using a script which calls on pictures to create them, but I don't much like any backgrounds on offer.

I was thinking of creating a map, taking a Print Screen, saving it and importing it as a picture for the script to call on. Do you think that'll work? 'Cos I can see that you did yours a different way...

Actually, that's just about exactly how I did mine. I made a map that I felt represented the "essence" of the area they were in (but so that all the characters would fit with minimal standing on walls, etc.), then used "Print Screen" in-game. It's a good idea to make a sort of template map that shows where the players will be (if you have an SBS), then you can copy/paste it and edit it to be area-appropriate.

Regards,
Drunken paladin

P.S. If you haven't already, register on the Drunken Paladin Forum and join us for some festivities.

Ah right, I was wondering because I was wondering how I could incorporate the events like lava bubbling and stuff, but it looks fine without anyway.

Hey folks, just updated the first post with the most up-to-date direct link to the newest version of the game (at the time of posting, v.2.1.3).

If you haven't tried Drunken Paladin yet, there is no better time than now, as the changes between version 1 and 2 are substantial and all bugs have been largely eradicated.

More bosses, more side-quests, more items and more fun!

Keep a look out for the upcoming expansion, and stay informed by checking out http://www.drunkenpaladin.com!

i downloaded this game a while ago. Its awesome, Are the updates any different? Like enough to make me re download and re play it all over again? Or should i wait for expansion?

You don't have to start all over again, our friend Annebriate makes sure your save files work.

Just download the latest version and place your save file in the folder.

but since so im finished the game. Re downloading it would be a waste.. cause its only updates for the gameplay.. Or does it add quests to do?
Also i cant find that bloody cow!!

Hey folks, thanks for playing and I'm glad you've enjoyed it!

Sorry for the slow replies--if you want faster Drunken Paladin information, it's easiest to ask on the drunken paladin forum!

It's hard to say what the differences are between your version and the newest one, Soranthus, since I don't know how long it's been since you've played. But if your version was pre 2.0 (1.anything) then you might be surprised at how much has changed. Otherwise, it's been mostly minor bug-fixes and polishing.

It is my hope that people will be pleased to hear that the expansions are currently underway. Be sure to check the site from time to time to stay up to date!

I played this game (not the expansion, I guess). This game is rad funny although I got some weird issues like saving inside the maze or appearing weird messages during battle.
That underground maze was particullary irritating to me, since the first time I walked 136592001 steps without saving and I had to turn off computer since it was 1 am.

What were the issues you encountered, Eurritimia? I'm in Vermont right now doing my grad school residency, but once I get home I'll look into them.

Did they happen again in your second try, or just the first? I haven't heard either of those reported before.

Thanks,
Drunken Paladin

P.S. I'm glad you enjoyed it! You should play the expansion, too!

Well, I remember I could save everywhere when I loaded the game (and even I started new game), but when I do something, can't save it anymore (although I can save normally when I talk to hobo-save man).

The messages seemed pretty random and I couldn't get them more than once. :/

Its the first of the month here so I got 12GB download again. Now I can download the expansion :D I watched the trailer, looks insanely mindblowing. Hahahahaha Because my copy of this game is OLLLDD as should I just start a whole new game?

Edit: Nevermind. Started a new game for the hell of it. =) So far I'm still laughing my ass off!

@ Eurritimia: Well, if you couldn't get them more than once... that's good, right? Not sure what to do about that.

@ Soranthus: Glad you're enjoying it again! The expansion, in my opinion, is of a superior craftsmanship than the game itself. ;P

This is now a full RPG in the old-fashion style of early Final Fantasy (just with much higher resolution!). You can play it even if you don't have RPG Maker, so long as you download the version with the "RTP" included. It's intended for comedic purposes and general enjoyment, and is completely free to play.

@ Soranthus: Haha, well, fortunately you don't actually have to beat him at the drinking game in order to progress. Since he only possesses one of the pieces, you can solve the puzzle by mere process of elimination (i.e., it can only be a number between 0-9), so if you try each of them, one of them is bound to work!

Beating him is mostly for bragging rights, and people can post their high scores, which I will then add to the hall of fame.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.