Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Resource icon

Tales of the Drunken Paladin: Version 3 (April 2017)

Hello! Come try Tales of the Drunken Paladin: Hobotropolis!

I think it's pretty good! Here are some people who agree:

AWARDS:

Awards_Designer.png

rmvxgameoftheyearcomple.png

rmvxfunniestgame.png

REVIEWS:

"As you are probably aware, there are a plethora (a lot) of games that have been created using one of our RPG Makers. Some of them suck and make us want to go home and cry, but some of them are pretty awesome. Tales of The Drunken Paladin is one such awesome game. It made us cry, but they were tears of laughter." - RPGMakerWeb

"Top 5 Free-to-Play RPG Maker Games" - Hyper Magazine

"It is like the softest caress of a massive-mammaried milkmaid upon your cheek as she coos out innocence and naivete that makes your blood boil with unholy sexy fury." - Mace

"If there was a button to pay $50 for this game, I would pay for it twice, just so you could have some small monetary symbol of my gratitude for your hard work with this project." - I Saw it on Junk Yard Wars

"Triumphant like sending kittens to the moon. My favorite rpgmaker game to come out in the last 5 years." - Illustrious

"Just wanted to say, this is by far the best RPG Maker VX game I've played, and I've played quite a few." - Dragndude9

"Freaking. Amazing. I loved every second of it. I laughed so hard, for ages. 9999/10." - Raian the Fallen

"I downloaded this game last month, and I think I had a stroke from laughing because I fainted and woke up with my friend shaking me..." - Roxas the Nobody

"Great, great, great game. Keep up the incredible work." - Swordsaint892

"I recently played it..and I lol'd. I NEVER LOL." - RealFolkBlues

"I have to say honest to god this might be one of my favorite games of all time now. I have not stopped laughing since I've started playing." - Deathwyvern

"This is one of the best games I've played for the PC, commercial games included." - seven207

"i have to say, this is one of the best rm games i've ever played. very few can compare to this masterpiece." - Kydo

"I'm sure I missed some things, but all in all it has a great story, great humor, great characters, great graphics (you made the rtp look good :3), and great everything!" - Kang

"I actually thought this game was going to be only a nothing-more-than-comedy-game, but this is definitely not. *applauds*" - NeoMarmar

"this is the best non-commercial VX game I have ever played... every single dialogue is absolutely hilarious!" - Frostoria

"I've been thinking RPGs have died to me, but this game proved it wrong." - Radscythe

"Seriously entertaining and very most excellent." - Grim Reaper

"this game is funny as shit... I keep spitting up my alcohol" - Lyonn

"Seriously had me in stitches." - Pointy

"The game was full of non-stop laughter..." - Nanamiko

"so... I basically almost cried with laughter while playing this game. It's fantastic." - Rosange

"I absolutely loved it." - Babyangelgirl2

"Very, very humorous. This is one of the few RPG Maker games I have really enjoyed in a while." - Confederacy

"You should consider warning people that they may wet themselves laughing while playing the game." - Munkis

"This game is great. It has well developed characters, attention to detail, and a sense of humor that has me laughing notstop." - Nairelev

"Good game and also very funny, I played this game more than once." - Apedemak

"This game is pure sex... Hilarious. I almost cried at some points." - Khaosn95

"I just test played it, and wow this game is totally awesome" - Radscythe

"this is the best VX game i've played by far. love the attention to detail, and of course, the humor." - Diedrupo

"Wow! This is by far the funniest/best game I've played on RMVX.

Interactive items, Hilarious comments and all around fun!" - Ketski

"Everything that these people said is true. This game is so hilarious and amazingly well done that I just did not want to stop playing." - Lunara

"This is like the most epic thing ever... Has me rofl'ing no matter how much of a bad mood I'm in." - Chill19

"It is a really enjoyable game with huge amounts of detail..." - Jim42

"This game's good, and I hope it get's viewed by others." - TNinja

"...this game is motherfuckin' great... I was literally laughing throughout the whole game." - Ashvir

"I love the game" - Harlequynn

"This game is so freakin awesome... Anebriate is the best main character I've ever seen." - Antares

"Probably one of the best I have played." - Ketsuekii

Thanks, Jorge. I updated the main post with the latest version (1.4.5).

Check the patch notes for more information about what each version has fixed or added.

1.4 added a full hour of gameplay to the already-robust Hobotropolis, bringing the full-game count to somewhere between 30-35 hours!

Fayte

Sponsor

wow talk about a throwback thursday! I've never played the original but I'll give this one a download and see how it goes.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.