Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Resource icon

Tales of the Drunken Paladin: Version 3 (April 2017)

Yay I finished the game :smile:

Totally 'rad' game dude :thumb: :thumb:

The ending was a little... Strange though ('OMG you're not giving spoilers!')

Book IV coming along?

mining gast":11v75hen said:
Yay I finished the game :smile:

Totally 'rad' game dude :thumb: :thumb:

The ending was a little... Strange though ('OMG you're not giving spoilers!')

Book IV coming along?

I'm actually working on expansions to Book III at the moment, although I've been extremely busy lately. I'm simultaneously trying to juggle grad school stuff and writing a novel, haha.

Glad you liked the game though, and hopefully I'll have the game Web Site up before too long.

i am currently downloading it..this game looks great. the features is a work of an art, you're really talented mr.drunken paladin?(dont know ur name). hope u keep on doing this kind of good stuff..i will be anticipating ur future games...

hope more ideas come to u my man! :tongue:

just started the game, lol there's really that ff9 atmosphere, most bgm's in the game are from final fantasy, seems you really like ffs eh. hehehe :haha:

god you're so patient making all the objects as interactional as possible. what a hardworking fellow. absorbed in work. :tongue:

andrewb23":22u1kcj1 said:
just started the game, lol there's really that ff9 atmosphere, most bgm's in the game are from final fantasy, seems you really like ffs eh. hehehe :haha:

god you're so patient making all the objects as interactable as possible. what a hardworking fellow. absorbed in work. :tongue:
Haha, it's true actually, it took a LOT of patience to make just about every object in the game do something. Either that or I'm just plain mad.

Drunken Paladin":3h4bbsax said:
Haha, it's true actually, it took a LOT of patience to make just about every object in the game do something. Either that or I'm just plain mad.

As someone who attempts to do the same thing - it's madness, pure madness.

I'm downloading it now!

I don't EVER download RMXP or VX games, but when when I looked at your user name I couldn't help it. :wink:

I'll tell you what I think?

Also, how long is this game?

*goes to first post to see for himself*

Hey Kiriashi, thanks for giving it a shot!

I'd estimate that the story-line for the game is approximately 5-6 hours, and all the optional content and side-characters/bosses would take right around 5-6 more, so maybe 10-12 hours total?

Hope you enjoy!

Version 1.6 uploaded: fixes a few minor things and adds a plethora of new events to the world, as well as some items and new equipment.

Update: 1.6.1 uploaded: More fixes, typos corrected, new quests, abilities and objects to interact with.

Hey, can you possibly either PM or post a link to the sideview battle system you used? I really like how it looks, and since I'm a total noob, could you give me a little "how-to" on installing scripts?

Well, in a lot of cases, it's as simple as copy/pasting the script into your game, but in the case of more complicated scripts like SBS, it takes a bit of studying. I'm hardly an expert at scripting though, and I tend to make very simple and menial script changes, if any, on my own.

That said, I have tinkered around a bit with SBS, so if you have a specific problem with it, let me know, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

I deleted the script for now as it was messing with playtesting, but the error returned has been posted in the topic link that you gave me, if you want to find out what went wrong with it.

That being said, I do love your custom version of the script. I'm probably just going to stick with the basic configuration without ATB.

Nice work on the game, though. I've not completed it yet as I don't have much free time when on the computer but when I get a free moment I'll play it. When finished I'll definitely post a review.

Dark Link":2h04doqy said:
I deleted the script for now as it was messing with playtesting, but the error returned has been posted in the topic link that you gave me, if you want to find out what went wrong with it.

That being said, I do love your custom version of the script. I'm probably just going to stick with the basic configuration without ATB.

Nice work on the game, though. I've not completed it yet as I don't have much free time when on the computer but when I get a free moment I'll play it. When finished I'll definitely post a review.
I'm assuming you are the last poster in that thread, although I can't say for certain. In that case, I believe the problem might be that you are trying to load the game from a save file after having installed the SBS script. The tragic thing about this script is that it is incompatible with save files from before the script was installed.

If that's not the problem, then I'm out of ideas.

That may be it. Do you mean actual saved games, because when I playtest I test from the start (as I'm not very far in yet I can afford to do this).

I'm thinking that unfortunately I may have to recreate the game and install the script straight away before I edit anything. Again, not too much of a problem as I've only got three rooms and one cutscene done so far, but a nuisance nonetheless.

Hey Everyone, Tales of the Drunken Paladin now features a Web Site and Forum over at drunkenpaladin.com! Come check it out for the most up-to-date game versions, additional information and to just chat with us, we'd love to have you!

Gotta ask dude, how did you incoporate the maps as battlebacks? I'm using a script which calls on pictures to create them, but I don't much like any backgrounds on offer.

I was thinking of creating a map, taking a Print Screen, saving it and importing it as a picture for the script to call on. Do you think that'll work? 'Cos I can see that you did yours a different way...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.